Redd's ~'with a little help from my friends'~vaping around the clock~chat~music~images and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactus71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
NM
^ Okay. Yeah, it's a fine demonstration of early synth use... I appreciate it. But, what? Are you expecting that all should just live in the early days and not appreciate, and even downgrade, the development/advancement of tech? I don't know why you feel the need to edumacate me... I know electronic music didn't just bloom yesterday, nor do I understand dismissing its advances. I'm just rolling with it all.

Hypnophone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
FEMA Region VI
I must have misunderestimated you!

I can dig your evaluation of the Zappa with all the samples. It's a challenge.
The new homo-ey techno stuff irritates me and those that appreciate music creation. That's all.
Ize lovez my electronix. ...as long as it don't suck.
We're bros here. HANDSHAKE!
Someday,again, I'm gonna be in NM with my big-nasty 4x4!;)

Hmm... honestly I thought you were poking fun at modern electronic toonz. Calling you out? Nope. Think I know about music and electronic music? Yessir. Do I know what an LFO...VCO, VCF, DCO, DCF, Subtractive, Additive, or even PCM Synthesis is? Negative. Does knowing any one of those improve my hearing or taste/appreciation of what I hear? Also, negative. I will concede that your knowledge of instrument construction, origin, usage, development, and deployment is far superior to mine... but I only rely on my ears to tell me if something sounds good or not. Meant no offense if any was taken... and certainly not trying to "stir the pot".

Hypnophone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
FEMA Region VI
All I'm trying to tell you is without the pioneers, the preset-drummachinesampleloop-pickle-smoochers of today would not be possible.
NEVER dismiss technological advances. You must know your past to get to your future. That's all.
No, I don't dig the ...**ty dance-trance-pickle-smooch-feces that is promulgated everywhere I turn.

^ Okay. Yeah, it's a fine demonstration of early synth use... I appreciate it. But, what? Are you expecting that all should just live in the early days and not appreciate, and even downgrade, the development/advancement of tech? I don't know why you feel the need to edumacate me... I know electronic music didn't just bloom yesterday, nor do I understand dismissing its advances. I'm just rolling with it all.

Reddhott

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
cartoon land,usa
ae198462c0881ced243a6146c4c392c4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread