• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Redneck Riveara Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusther

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Pensacola Fl
Bad news on the pics from the meeting though. Several of them had a finger print on the lens :

But here are a few that didn't turn out TOO bad.

GOPR0013.JPG

GOPR0009.JPG

GOPR0010.JPG

Dusther

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Pensacola Fl
ya got a little rebuild clinic going there Dusther? or was that a bling your gear table? I'm going to have to get a better kit set up for my decorating stuff.. it's spread among a few boxes now... and I only use volts and their associated gear.
Glitter and stickers and nail polish OH MY!

Yeah that was Nick and Frank rebuilding their tank setups.

I take it you don't listen to Trace Adkins then.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I figured that since March 2nd has passed we ought to have a new thread.. just for chit chat. I'm assuming everybody lovingly refers to the area as the redneck riveara (should have used the word y'all in there)

We don't get out much (flipper and I) so we don't really know much about vape friendly establishments so any of yall that actually go out... speak up for vape friendly and vape not-so-friendly
ooooo.. there's a sushi place on Eglin Pkwy.. Yamato!

Vape friendly

Hmm. Vape friendly? I'm going to have to try to remember where I've been, since nobody's given me any grief anywhere in Okaloosa county. I don't know about a full crowd of vapers, but here are a few that I've openly vaped in front of staff and guests:

Destin:
Chan's Wine World (was using a cig-a-like in the dining room, but not hiding it)
AmVets Post 29 (Also very smokey. Was my main pub before vaping.)
Hog's Breath Saloon
AJ's Seafood & Oyster Bar
Fisherman's Wharf Seafood House
Harry T's Lighthouse (fantastic view of Destin East Pass)
Actually, I think I may have hit all the bars on the north side of the harbor, though I haven't been up in Emerald Grande since I started vaping. I think all of Cash's bars are vape friendly, if not family friendly.

Shalimar:
Shalimar Cheers Pub
Peppers Mexican Grill & Cantina

FWB:
Helen Back Cafe on Okaloosa island. I haven't been to their other locations. Holy Vapes! They've just added a location in the airport - on both sides of TSA Security.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Just walked back in the door. It was a good time to be had by all that showed joose freebees and an ego case.

Excellent! Sorry I missed it, but the tri-tip turned out great!

Next event is set for the 3rd weekend in April, at Carpenters Park in Milton.

I might be able to make the Milton meet, but one thing about April...it's Cobia season! I expect to be out on the water in my friend's 26ft Shamrock as much as possible. The only thing that keeps us ashore during that time is high seas.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Well we will have to try to go to a place that has a pavillion for shade as it gets warmer for sure but that would only be once in awhile thing. Think we need to find a nice place, good location, that will let us vape indoors also for this summer. Hopefully we will find somewhere that will accomodate us. :)

For a water-side,shady outdoor place, there is a decent sized pit/grill in Destin's Clement Taylor Park on Choctawhatchee Bay. Reservations might be required for the pavillion.

Both AJ's and Helen Back have indoor/outdoor seating. Not sure if any are centrally located. Anybody update that map I saw on one of the earliest threads?

That would be cool about a logo, will have to see what we all can come up with? hehe

I like it - and PVC, though I probably would want to vape PVC ;)

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Now go and riddle me this. After the meeting I came home and noticed that the neck holder I had at the show had softened up a bit. Then the Vamo fit perfectly snug. So out came the exacto and poof it is done. I do need to clean up the edges a bit though.

Diggin' the holster, Dusther! I could really use that!

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
did I see someone needs heads for T3's? I have 10 of them that I don't have battery matchups for since I'm using Volts - 808 threads. I ordered 10 of the baby T3s a while back but got heads for them from smokeless image so I have 10 new heads for the standard Kanger threads.. Ego I think?

fast skimming threads.. cooking...

Hmm. I have several 808 T3s - also for my Volts from SI. I don't expect to buy any more 808 gear, but if you don't get any takers and really need to get them off your hands, let me know.

SpEctRe, aren't you on a 510/Ego setup? The SI 808 T3 heads are Ego threaded, but do not fit on a 510 system. You might be able to pull the post far enough, but I don't think it's long enough to do without leaking.

[Edit]: The heads fit any T3 or MT3 tank, they just aren't 510 compatible. I've been swapping 510 and 808 heads as required to swap filled T3s between different power systems.

Last edited:

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
I might be able to make the Milton meet, but one thing about April...it's Cobia season! I expect to be out on the water in my friend's 26ft Shamrock as much as possible. The only thing that keeps us ashore during that time is high seas.

Ok all, I am going to go ahead and nominate "BIMINI" to plan our first ever "OFF SHORE PVC VAPE MEET/FISHIN TRIP" hehe. Maybe we can do that sometime this summer. Now I bet that would definately be a "FIRST" in the Vaping Community. :D

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
Ok whats everyone up to tonight? How is everyone doing? Had to work today, wooottt. Was happy to work the last two days actually after having 4 days off previously. Need all the hours I can get right now to pay for my habit/hobby!! :)

What's everyone vaping right now? I have some Pluid in my AGA T+ on the Vamo. Still running 1.3ohm coil and have it at 9 watts. :D

Just for you VAMO owners out there. I bought some of the Panisonic CGR18650CH batts with my last order. They don't fit to well in the Vamo, they are loose both fore and aft and side to side play. If you put a beefed up spring in they would be ok I guess but I will just use them in my other devices. I plan on using them in the China GG with a Kick (Next order, Kick).

Ok this is our CHAT thread, we need some chat in here so lets here it!!!! :pop:

scabbytattoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
pensacola
man I've been playin with the AGA tonight must have done like 4 coils cant get it down below 1.6 ohms and for some reason with the 3 wrap I'm having issues wit the top leg glowing red hot I think I got it as best I could everything is even then put juice on that bad boy and POW freaking top leg glows like no other getting a little ...... at it! I might be running it to high in the volts who knows. It doesn't taste too bad no metal or nothing. I also may be looking to far into it, it's working why mess with it right? also I'm getting A LOT of miss fires could be the pin on the vamo? OH and one more thin I cant get the freaking top tight no matter what when I try to turn the cap to mess with air flow the wick and everything moves! ok I think I'm done ranting now.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Just for you VAMO owners out there. I bought some of the Panisonic CGR18650CH batts with my last order. They don't fit to well in the Vamo, they are loose both fore and aft and side to side play. If you put a beefed up spring in they would be ok I guess but I will just use them in my other devices.

I'm using batteries I bought for a flashlight in mine - Orbtronic 2900mAh 18650 (Amazon) built with Panasonic cells and button tops. Yes, protected, but the protection circuit doesn't kick in until 8A - beyond the VAMO's spec. I had to be careful with them in my first VAMO because they were a tight squeeze and I was wary of scratching the label off and shorting the protection circuit connection. They slide into the 2nd VAMO as if it was made for them. No rattle in any direction and I'm not afraid of scratching them.

I'm thinking they might be a good choice if I decide to try that VAMO compensation mod from the video.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I've dropped back a few hundred feet to take a picture of my lady friend as we approach the peak. Wind is calm, snow less than a foot deep. Nice day. We should reach the summit in an hour.

You're drawing a nice picture in my head, here. I do miss the mountains dearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread