• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Redneck Riveara Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
man I've been playin with the AGA tonight must have done like 4 coils cant get it down below 1.6 ohms and for some reason with the 3 wrap I'm having issues wit the top leg glowing red hot I think I got it as best I could everything is even then put juice on that bad boy and POW freaking top leg glows like no other getting a little ...... at it! I might be running it to high in the volts who knows. It doesn't taste too bad no metal or nothing. I also may be looking to far into it, it's working why mess with it right? also I'm getting A LOT of miss fires could be the pin on the vamo? OH and one more thin I cant get the freaking top tight no matter what when I try to turn the cap to mess with air flow the wick and everything moves! ok I think I'm done ranting now.

What I do is I try to ensure the wick is pretty straight vertically, not leaning towards the center post to much cause you don't want it to touch. Sometimes it is easier to wrap your coils with your wick out of the AGA. I use a paperclip to roll my wicks, so I just insert the paperclip thru the wick and wrap my coil on the end. When you hook it up, set your Vamo on Volts, like 3.2 V or so. Check your ohm's see where you are at. If it is not to your liking, take a wrap off or add as needed then reconnect and check ohms. When you get it where you want then fire it (DRY, nothing on the wick). If you get a hot spot, get your jeweler screw driver and adjust your coils up and down and fire again on low V's. Keep doing this till all the coils burn evenly and light pretty much at the same time. Then turn up the voltage abit. 3.5, 3.7, etc. Once it fire's evenly with no hotspots, add your liquid to the tank, and put some on the wick. Then test fire and switch back to wattage or whatever you like. Best thing tho, work out your coils hotspots with a dry wick. Hotspots can sometimes mean you need to oxidize better also. :) Just takes some time and fiddling to get them going good sometimes. Good luck!!

Edit: Forgot to mention, don't wrap the coils to tight, you just want them to have a loose hold on the wick. :)

Last edited:

scabbytattoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
pensacola
oh I know all that it was weird it's been the only time I've had the issue with just the top leg glowing (from wick to post) I just scraped the coil and did it over again I have a working 4 wrap at 1.7 ohm's still getting the miss fires ah oh well I'm just going to use that as a reason to get a mech mod lol.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Morning all :) snow? egad! if I look out the window and see anything white on the ground.. it better darn well be SAND!.. though it's pretty brisk out there again today.. global warming my ...
Tell folks up north. They might have a problem with their years when they essentially had no real winter. Climate in a state of change is characterized by chaotic, sometime bizarre weather ... flood, drought, heat waves and abnormal cold, key word, extreme. Two things to check out, both definitions. Weather and Climate, Ils ne sont pas une seule et même.. Warmest years on record
800px-Enso-global-temp-anomalies.png
Ya reckon the data is falsified? Damned liberals.

Last edited:

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
just nothing happens I have to let go and re-press it for it to fire.

Oh so it seems it may be just a button issue then? I haven't had any mis-fires at all with mine. The only time I have pressed mine and it didn't fire was when I had the protected batts in there and found out they were the culprit. :) Was shutting off the Vamo and I had to remove and replace the end batt cap to get it to turn on again.

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
Ya I had it -on preorder they aren't out yet. It's like a Nova but the coil is on the bottom and it's glass and metal.

Well that EVOD I got I have already had some leaking issues with so I will wait to see how this one works for you. Hopefully it will be good. :) and maybe add one to my wish list.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
So, I finally went to the FWB branch of Rollin EZ. They're just barely getting started with the vape stuff. The lady I talked to (forgot her name) seemed overwhelmed with the terminology but was very nice and seems eager to learn. While there, I could swear I saw Tobacco Sam pop his head in (from the back door) for 2 seconds! Coincidence or ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread