Reduce the harshness

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Check your flavorings bottles and/or the website you ordered them from...to see if any of them contain Ethyl Alcohol. If they do, that could be what's causing the harshness. Shaking the heck out of your mixes and uncapping them several tiems a day for a few days will allow the EA to evaporate out of your mix.

If it's not EA causing it, maybe try a drop or 2 of TFA Smooth in each mix (depending upon how much you made of each mix). Has worked for several harsh mixes for me, that weren't caused by EA.

Reactions: IDJoel

Majik78

Jul 7, 2016
Mainly TFA concentrates and a couple of creams from capella. Specifics? Do you want percentages or just the brand. The following recipe was just by smell and tastes ok and isnt very harsh but has the highest amont of flavouring out of all my diys. All are TFA except the Bav Cream which is Cappella. Thanks for the advice I'll be keeping them in a locker topless and giving them a goood shake...... The bottles of juice that is.
Screenshot_2016-07-07-18-08-13.png

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If your Banana Ripe in your recipe is really Ripe Banana from TFA...yep - it has Ethyl Alcohol in it! At the 7% you used in a 30mL mix, I could see how it would be harsh. Suggest you do the shake the heck out of it & leave it, as you say, "topless" for several days. Should clear it up.

From memory using it myself the first time...it's also pretty strong. Alittle of it goes a long way!

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
My understanding is banana ripe is very potent and should be used at 2 - 3%. Your also very heavy on the cream cut that back to 2 - 3% as well. I'm not so sure 2 creams are even nessessary. Maybe try one or the other at 2 - 3% but not both. And creams need to steep 2 - 3 weeks and to remove the alcohol from the banana ripe let it sit uncapped for 24 to 48 hours.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
You want to dilute the 30mL bottle you made, so the flavors are weaker, but you want to maintain the 3mg nic, correct?

The easiest way to do it, will make your flavors 1/2 as strong, but will maintain the 3mg nic. Just make another 30mL bottle (using the calculator), but only use plain PG, plain VG, and Nic to make it. When finished...mix your original 30mL bottle with it = 60mL bottle that's 1/2 as strong as far as flavor, but still 3mg nic.

If you don't want to weaken it by 50% flavor-wise...you can make it 25% less in flavor, but still 3mg nic...if you make a 15mL bottle with just plain PG, plain VG, and your Nic (using the calc. again to determine the amounts of each). Then mix that bottle with your original 30mL bottle.

Reactions: bwh79

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Simple really, when think about. Feel a bit silly now. Thanks anywho.

Well, many people would think just adding the plain PG and plain VG would do it, and they'd not add the Nic, too. They'd end up with weaker flavor, but also would only be 1.5mg nic then.

So...don't feel at all silly asking how to do something on here. We all had to ask questions to learn, when we started DIY! People helped me when I needed it, and they still do! :)

I hope your bottle of eliquid turns out better for you, if you try the mixing as above.

Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread