Refillable pod mod recommendations with replaceable coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

stara03

Jul 21, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am two weeks or so into my vaping journey and it has been amazing. I am on day four of no cigarettes and I am floored. After years of smoking and feeling SO defeated, I had just about given up all hope of ever quitting. My only regret is that I didn’t discover this sooner. But I can’t look back so I just have to be grateful for where I’m at!

So, while I’m waiting for my first box mod to come in the mail, I have been using an aspire breeze 2 and love it. My question, and the point of this post, is to ask if anyone knows of or can recommend any other pod mods that you can fill with your own juice and replace just the coils-rather than replacing the whole cartridge. It doesn’t take long to realize you need a back up set up and I’d like to have another pod device for when I’m out and about.

Thanks in advance!

• Love
Reactions: stols001

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Well done!

The 'pods' are rather like home printer ink cartridges. Most of your money goes on the pod not the liquid which makes them more expensive than a tank where you just change the 'coil'.

Clearly, #1 they must be refillable unless you are made of money or fell for the marketing and #2 they really do need to have a long life to the coil/atomizer inside them.

I use the Penguin (Joyetech) from time to time and the coils are swappable making the pods like a standard tank in practice.

I looked at a new system in the UK at the recent Vape Fest (convention?) and whilst it was quite good, you have to buy the whole unit not the atomizer head (the coil). These were fairly priced at only 10-20% more for a pack of 5 than standard replaceable coils. I call that a fair deal.

Mostly, I don't recommend pod systems. They are not as popular over here as in America but then again the cost of living here is higher and most vapers are looking to save money and not just resign themselves to paying somewhere between the price that experienced wise vapers pay to vape and a pack of smokes.

Aspire Breeze 2 gets great reviews. As it has replaceable coils I would class it, like the Penguin, as a cost-effective and easy solution.

Most aren't. The makers/brands like it that way... I would jettison most off to Mars if I had my way. Juul are first in the launch vessel along with every product ever sold by Vaporfi, Apollo, Blu, Mig, Whitecloud, Fling, Fin and all those other desperately shameful, overpriced, over-marketed brands.

Choosing between Juul and Vaporfi would be tough. Both hideous brands running amok in the jungle of vaping.
I am so pleased neither can get it going in the UK. I think we are too cynical a people for ugly greedy vape co's to really break the market.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
The Breeze 2 is pretty new and I believe the start of a trend to more pod mods with replaceable coils. There are others -- and maybe easier to find if you search for AIO (all in one) devices.

One that I know of is the Aspire Sprite. Aspire is also making one that uses their very popular replaceable coils, the Nautilus BVC coils. Innokin will be putting one out this fall that uses their very popular Zenith coils...this was just announced yesterday. The other one I know of will be out very very soon, the Lost Vape Orion.

And -- very great that you have switched to vaping. It is a memorable milestone. :)

• Agree

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi everyone,
I am two weeks or so into my vaping journey and it has been amazing. I am on day four of no cigarettes and I am floored. After years of smoking and feeling SO defeated, I had just about given up all hope of ever quitting. My only regret is that I didn’t discover this sooner. But I can’t look back so I just have to be grateful for where I’m at!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Most all our "vaping journey and it has been amazing" I agree 100% !!! What disappoints me so much is some folks are trying to destroy vaping. How cruel and self serving, I hope they see the light someday and take the time to think through their position.
So, while I’m waiting for my first box mod to come in the mail, I have been using an aspire breeze 2 and love it. My question, and the point of this post, is to ask if anyone knows of or can recommend any other pod mods that you can fill with your own juice and replace just the coils-rather than replacing the whole cartridge. It doesn’t take long to realize you need a back up set up and I’d like to have another pod device for when I’m out and about.
Thanks in advance!
Could post additional questions in this forum:
ECF Forum: Vape Pod Systems

• Useful

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi and welcome, I'm so happy the switch is going well for you. Refillable pods tend to be cheaper and many "standard" pods can be refilled without incident a few times with the right tools. Yes, it is prudent to have a backup vape. I don't have any pod mods so no real advice on what is "best" but there are some good options out there for sure.

Welcome to ECF and congratulations.
Anna

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and suggestions! It is all very helpful to me in terms of really refining what it is I’m looking for. I think an AIO might be more what I have in mind.

Thanks again!

Yes, an AIO is a good choice. Again, be careful what you buy. Not all are reliable and avoid the websites recommending certain US brands above the original Chinese make. Unless you want to spend double or triple falling for this dispicable rebranding nonsense that is going on and pervades vaping culture so nefariously.

Dave.

• Agree

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I only have 2 of what would officially fall under the pod banner. The penquin and the dolphin. Of these, the dolphin is much much better especially for mtl vaping. However, I believe I get more use out of older AIO styles like the egrip and istick basic or just a simple evod. I also use a squonker on occasion but it's not really mtl. I doubt that I will dabble in the pod market any further.

JanTee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Saint-Lazare, Quebec, Canada
Its an older device but because of that its fairly inexpensive, i send many beginners to your aspire breeze 2 and as a back up the innokin endura t18. Top fill, no mess coil change push the button and its a lovely mtl vape they can put higher vg juice in because of the plethora of huge juice holes on the coil. Its not fancy at all strictly mtl but widely available around here at least. If they have more budget i recommend often the breeze 2 and the innokin kroma and zenith kit. I like with both those setups they can experiment with vaping styles a bit more.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread