Regulated squonk mod and rda...any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Seems like there is a shortage of regulated squonks. Very strange.

There are very few. As already suggested, the Hcigar VT Inbox is a solid choice, good value - a DNA powered device at a reasonable price.

I had the kit which included a Maze V2 RDA with two caps - one stainless steel and the other ultem. Nice setup, but I prefer mechs so I sold mine. Kinda wish I would have kept it though.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
There are very few. As already suggested, the Hcigar VT Inbox is a solid choice, good value - a DNA powered device at a reasonable price.

I had the kit which included a Maze V2 RDA with two caps - one stainless steel and the other ultem. Nice setup, but I prefer mechs so I sold mine. Kinda wish I would have kept it though.

Another vouch for the Inbox, I have 2 - one that is in my daily rotation and one that is a backup. Solid Mod - the one I use is over a year old and still going strong.

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
I started with an ijoy Capo squonk, it was okay... had a problem with the 510, so decided on the Hcigar Inbox. Only had it a few days, but what a difference!

Escribe is easy to use, and you can truly customize until you get what works for you. I use a top fill bottle, so filling is really easy. I like the fact that’s it’s regulated, good bright screen, soft easy use bottle, good build quality, ease of use, good TC if I want it, and it just works. You can even change the look of it with cheap (FT price) replaceable side panels.

I’m and MTL guy so I use an Origan Little clone (great little RDA, but wow does it get hot when I chain vape). Got a Dead Rabbit SQ coming, and have high hopes for it.

Anyway, the Inbox is great and has a proven track record.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Another vote for the VT Inbox even if I don't have one in my hands (it's in transit).

I make this recommendation based on the other, cheaper regulated mods I have purchased.

Aleader Killer 80 - similar to the VT Inbox in size and function (but with a removable bottle/tube) but in its current state leaks so much that it becomes a DIY project just to get it to do what it's supposed to do out-of-the-box.

HotCig RSQ - looked promising and isn't to bad to start with but there's been some annoying issues with the chip/firmware.

Both of the above work pretty well (when they work properly) but the boards seem to suffer from some efficiency issues (even at the low power I vape at). Because of this I think I will prefer DNA-type mods.

The Therion 75C performed solidly but I couldn't get past the slightly bigger size and having to remove the bottle to replace the battery (which was so tight that it endangered my battery wraps).

The VT Inbox v3 has just been released this month. The previous versions have such a good reputation (other than panel fitment and fixed feed tube) that I feel most people - including me - should start with it. Hopefully the newest version fixes the little issues that the previous versions had.

Seems like it's a solid performer at a decent price. Hopefully it'll arrive within a week.

From there, I think there is a large gap for single battery squonk mods and to go much higher would require you getting custom-built or trying to get onto limited-run lists on FB or something.

As for RDAs... I haven't tried all that many (that are squonk ready) but I thought the Vandy Vape Pulse 22 worked rather well as a starter. The new Vandy Vape Maze seems intriguing if you want to squonk but not build.

That's where my RDA/RSA recommendations stop, though, as I found my favorite (GP Dripper Pro) but, unfortunately, it is no longer in production.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Another vote for the VT Inbox even if I don't have one in my hands (it's in transit).

I make this recommendation based on the other, cheaper regulated mods I have purchased.

Aleader Killer 80 - similar to the VT Inbox in size and function (but with a removable bottle/tube) but in its current state leaks so much that it becomes a DIY project just to get it to do what it's supposed to do out-of-the-box.

HotCig RSQ - looked promising and isn't to bad to start with but there's been some annoying issues with the chip/firmware.

Both of the above work pretty well (when they work properly) but the boards seem to suffer from some efficiency issues (even at the low power I vape at). Because of this I think I will prefer DNA-type mods.

The Therion 75C performed solidly but I couldn't get past the slightly bigger size and having to remove the bottle to replace the battery (which was so tight that it endangered my battery wraps).

The VT Inbox v3 has just been released this month. The previous versions have such a good reputation (other than panel fitment and fixed feed tube) that I feel most people - including me - should start with it. Hopefully the newest version fixes the little issues that the previous versions had.

Seems like it's a solid performer at a decent price. Hopefully it'll arrive within a week.

From there, I think there is a large gap for single battery squonk mods and to go much higher would require you getting custom-built or trying to get onto limited-run lists on FB or something.

As for RDAs... I haven't tried all that many (that are squonk ready) but I thought the Vandy Vape Pulse 22 worked rather well as a starter. The new Vandy Vape Maze seems intriguing if you want to squonk but not build.

That's where my RDA/RSA recommendations stop, though, as I found my favorite (GP Dripper Pro) but, unfortunately, it is no longer in production.

Good luck!
Think the most asked-for and appreciated new feature of the latest version is the use of a more standardized bottle. I haven’t had a problem with the older bottles yet, though.

Last edited:

BoogaWu

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Lakewood, CO
Geekvape Gbox 200 hasn't been mentioned. I have one, it's great but a little big for a jeans pocket, TC is good, power is good, battery life is good. Some don't like the bottle, but it's not that bad.
Just got an email from 3fvape, the wine colored one is 41.50 for the mod.
I still really like the Velocity v2 mini for a squonk RDA. It's way flexible, can do verticals, duals, single verticals, single coil, and mtl or dl. Getting harder to find tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread