Where my squonkers at?! Squonker help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cages2Clouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2015
Hello, so after years of vaping and a couple years no vaping I'm back in the clouds and after hearing good things on here I'm looking into Squonking. I'd love to hear everyones opinion on their favorite Squonk set up BF or TF rda's unregulated or regulated mods.

Here are the ones im primarily looking into.

For mods Athena, Dot, and Sigeli Fuchai
For RDA's Drop, Dot, and pulse

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Well there’s this thing called replay that is supposed to be coming out for dna250c mods in the near future that is interesting me personally a whole lot, so I’m waiting for a two battery dna squonker to come out. The drone is dna75c and might do replay in the near future but I’ve heard complaints about both the squonk hole and the sheer size which I am bluntly basically prepared for (all 2 battery squonkers are gigantic, that’s reality) so I’m gonna hold off for a few more weeks. If you’re interested in a single battery mech squonker to just try iirc they can be had for under $20

Out of what you're looking at, I'd say Athena with pulse 22.
But as far as what's out there in general...
Therion bf 75c. Best single battery squonk value period.
And for an atty, Oumier Wasp Nano. Flavor for days, easy build.
Later I'll explain why, as I'm on the way to work right now so time is limited...

Cages2Clouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2015
Well there’s this thing called replay that is supposed to be coming out for dna250c mods in the near future that is interesting me personally a whole lot, so I’m waiting for a two battery dna squonker to come out. The drone is dna75c and might do replay in the near future but I’ve heard complaints about both the squonk hole and the sheer size which I am bluntly basically prepared for (all 2 battery squonkers are gigantic, that’s reality) so I’m gonna hold off for a few more weeks. If you’re interested in a single battery mech squonker to just try iirc they can be had for under $20
Whats this replay thing? I looked into 2 battery mods briefly and figured they would be huge, the one from Geek vape was smaller than the dna but i wasnt a big fan of its cosmetics, small issue but still.

Cages2Clouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2015
With replay while your vaping and you get the perfect puff. Perfect flavor, clouds whatever works for you, You push replay and the DNA chip reproduces that puff from then on.
That sounds glorious! What if you try a new build or the build just isnt the same as the other?

Reactions: stols001

Cages2Clouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2015
Out of what you're looking at, I'd say Athena with pulse 22.
But as far as what's out there in general...
Therion bf 75c. Best single battery squonk value period.
And for an atty, Oumier Wasp Nano. Flavor for days, easy build.
Later I'll explain why, as I'm on the way to work right now so time is limited...
Looking forward to it. Is that nano the rda that comes with that honeycomb patterned squonk mod kit, luxematic or something??

Reactions: stols001

alvitae

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Oregon Usa
That sounds glorious! What if you try a new build or the build just isnt the same as the other?
I'm not sure about that. I've only seen it working on YouTube. But a guy was trying it out and trying to run the RDA dry to see how it would handle that and he puffed forever it seemed and the vape wouldn't change. It looked like it worked real well.

Cages2Clouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2015
I'm not sure about that. I've only seen it working on YouTube. But a guy was trying it out and trying to run the RDA dry to see how it would handle that and he puffed forever it seemed and the vape wouldn't change. It looked like it worked real well.
Damn, sounds great any eta on its arrival?

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
For mods Athena, Dot, and Sigeli Fuchai
For RDA's Drop, Dot, and pulse
I like my Athena kit, don't have the others. It hit's way harder than my pulse boxes that I have a Pulse 24 and DR 24 on. If you want an affordable regulated squonk the RSQ is worth looking at. I have 2 running in TC mode with SS wire: one has a DR SQ and the other has a Pulse 22 on top. Both have single coil SS builds @ 0.35 ohm, 55w between 450 and 470F depending on my mood.

Looking forward to it. Is that nano the rda that comes with that honeycomb patterned squonk mod kit, luxematic or something??
Oh god no. I have no idea how that particular rda is...
The Wasp Nano.
White_1__63612.1510079026.1280.1280.png
Wasp_RDA_Group__69742.1510079014.500.750.png

Oumier Wasp Nano RDA
22mm of pure flavor. I really can't think of a better way to describe it.
The real killer is its genuine, and the price is very, very low. Best bang for the buck for a BF RDA I've found yet...
As for the Therion, that's because for a regulated squonk box, it's pretty damn good. Not perfect, mind you, but for under 150, usually on special somewhere for around 110 or so, it is a great value, as it has a DNA 75c chip. Best TC available, hands down right now. And replay is coming soon. Best way to describe replay is an overly simplified version of TC. Something for those who haven't the patience to learn how to maximize their TC, or don't like fiddling around trying to get TC to work exactly how they like to vape. TC for dummies, basically, and I'm pleased to see it.
And the chip on the Therion is only the tip of the iceberg. It has great handfeel, feels, and is solid. The bottle has quality on par with some of the upper tier stuff out there. Plus it comes with a refill bottle, 30 ml...
I know at this point I probably sound like a fan boy or sales rep.
But I will say there is one ENORMOUS flaw in this mod...
The way batteries go in would be fine, EXCEPT there is a ridiculous manual pole reversal protection that WILL tear battery wraps. No it's ands or buts. I find that absolutely infuriating on an otherwise perfect device... granted, eventually as the spring on the negative terminal breaks in, and you get adjusted to it, the problem lessens, but it really sucks that the problem even exists at all...
Anyway, that's my .02, and sorry if I rambled incoherently, I'm a little bit drunk at this point, so my himblest apologies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
T
My biggest problem with squonkers is finding a bf RDA that works for mtl vaping. I use a basic pico squeeze with either a Narda or a speed revolution. I guess I'm cheap but it works for me.

There are a couple new ones out that look to do a decent MTL vape from the reviews I have seen: Berserker MTL RDA and VapeFly Galaxies. The Dead Rabbit SQ has MTL airflow and drip tip but I haven't tried it myself and the couple reviewers I saw that tried it felt the chamber/deck was too big for a proper MTL unlike the other 2 I mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread