Regulated squonk mod and rda...any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
@pianoguy - as a Inbox user, am very interested in your opinion of the rsq. I have a mild interest in it because of the size.

Not a lot to report yet, as I've only used it for a few hours. I use power mode, so I can't comment on temp control. So far it has worked well, with just one glitch - when I changed the battery, it didn't retain the screen orientation setting. While smaller than the Inbox, it isn't quite as comfortable in hand as I had hoped, since the corners are sharper than those on the Inbox. It doesn't seem to be any lighter, either. It does seem to be a solid little bugger, though - no rattles. I'm using the harder plastic bottle, no leaks so far.

*edit - I had turned off the LED, and it did retain that setting when I removed the battery. I haven't checked to see if there are any firmware updates.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Not a lot to report yet, as I've only used it for a few hours. I use power mode, so I can't comment on temp control. So far it has worked well, with just one glitch - when I changed the battery, it didn't retain the screen orientation setting. While smaller than the Inbox, it isn't quite as comfortable in hand as I had hoped, since the corners are sharper than those on the Inbox. It doesn't seem to be any lighter, either. It does seem to be a solid little bugger, though - no rattles. I'm using the harder plastic bottle, no leaks so far.

*edit - I had turned off the LED, and it did retain that setting when I removed the battery. I haven't checked to see if there are any firmware updates.
There are firmware updates though tread carefully as I have seen at least one user in the RSQ thread that ended up with a brick when updating firmware I think.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
An unregulated/mech squonker is really good for outdoors kinda dirty. Take the battery out and stick the squonker in the dishwasher.

Mech squonkers are hard to break. That is their charm.

Agree ... When it leak, feel oily or poor power or any issue, dismantle all and wash it with soap ...,

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
So, I’ve been using my gbox and a narda clone for a few weeks now, and I love squonking. The flavour is amazing, and although its a little fiddly with the gbox its not bad.

now thinking of getting another squonk and have a voucher for heavens gifts so was thinking of the pico squeeze and a wasp.

Any thoughts on the pico? Looks unregulated, which will be a first for me, so I’m a little nervous.

Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
The Pico acts like a mech (battery voltage), but does have protections such as atomizer short, battery cutoff, etc. As long as you've got a quality cell in it and pay attention to the build resistance, probably not much to worry about.

It seems to state it has a 50w limit as well, but I've read where folks compare it to a mech and claim there is no 50w limit, all depends on your build. Maybe folks that are more familiar with it could comment.

I picked up a pair of them (around $16 on FT), but haven't fired them up yet. I would have no problems with them though as long as you know you have a build that is well within the limits of your battery.

They look like they will be great little drop in the pocket mods when you're ducking out of the house for a bit. I like the pico 75 for a stealth vape and once I started squonking, figured it was a no-brainer. Everyone should have at least one, or two, lol.

I'm planning on running mine with a Wasp Nano most likely, but I've come to really enjoy the Nudge 22 lately.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Thanks for the info. I normally vape around 0.5 ohms and use either sony vct 6 or samsung 30q so should be ok. Anyways I vape below 30 watts so should be ok.
You sound like me, vaping style. I don't build crazy low, either and even when I do, I end up going lower wattage. Currently running a 0.25 ohm fused clapton in my SMM @ 35.5 watts, and it's nice. That's actually the lowers I've ever gone. Usually I'm around 0.4 ohm or above and even lower power.

I'm about to start experimenting with my first unregulated as well (a Pulse BF). Going to run some Sanyo NCR27000B's in it (only 15A battery), but figure I'm starting at 0.6 ohm, plenty within the safe range for that battery.

I think the Pico is a no-brainer for the money. If you want a small little squonk for certain occasions, it should fit the bill. The folks here who run them really seem to like them for what they are.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks for the info. I normally vape around 0.5 ohms and use either sony vct 6 or samsung 30q so should be ok. Anyways I vape below 30 watts so should be ok.

That type of Vape style is a Very Good fit for a Pico Squeeze.

And with a NarDa on top of it, you will have a Great Compact set-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread