Status
Not open for further replies.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
that is an ignorant and totally ridiculous statement that makes no sense....but, unfortunately, IT'S TOTALLY TRUE.....think about it....who do you usually go for, the one that's just out of your reach that you can't get or the one that fawns over you and thinks you're perfect?? it's bull****, it sucks, but for the most part it is human nature...i am totally guilty of dumping guys who 'liked me too much'' and chasing guys who weren't interested or treated me like crap....it makes no friggin sense whatsoever, but it's true.....even to this day, i think if someone likes me too much that there must be something wrong with them, and if someone isn't interested i become wrapped up into figuring out how to make them interested........go back to carrie and mr. big on that one too, girls, lol.....aiden was perfect on paper but---he wasn't mr. big!....wait..............mmmmm.....chris noth.....sorry, distracted again.....
Women want to be treated well, but most do not want someone who will not stand up for himself when he is right. Sometimes, men misconstrue this, thinking that women go for "bad boys" and dump the nice guys. That is not true of mature women past the high school years. If someone always sacrifices for another and forgoes his own needs, it is hard to respect that person. A good relationship allows both people to explore outside friends (NOT of the sexual nature) as well as their own relationship. If you want to know why that is necessary, look at older women who have lost their husbands. Those who have a circle of friends outside their marriage do much better as single women than those who were solely committed to the relationship and mutual friends. When my father died, I saw my mom deal with the loneliness. She had no friends outside the marriage, and the couple friends my parents had drifted away rather quickly. I made up my mind then that having girlfriends was vital to survival. We make way too much of self worth determined by being a part of a couple. If you cannot be happy alone, it is virtually impossible to be happy with someone or make someone else happy. Some guys are too insecure to allow this. Jealousy is a deal breaker and the sure end to an otherwise good relationship.

rocketvapor

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Rockledge, FL
I didn't beat anyone up. I do bathe every day. I have nothing to shave as I am a baby face. I wear button up shirts almost every day. Rarely do I ever call a woman a ...... etc.

So how was that advice for me?

Yeah, sorry Mooby, that wasn't for you. And I didn't mean to single anybody out, Nico, but....sorry about that. My big mouth ran away with my brain. No offense intended. Like I said, I believe you're decent guys, but from your posts, sometimes you come off a bit rough. That's the problem with the written word - unless you're friggin' Shakespeare, the tone can be misconstrued.

I'll think I'll crawl over to the Women's Room now............

SquirrilahFish

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
Honolulu
And lose the "....." this and "....." that. No decent woman will appreciate being referred to that way, whether in anger or in jest. I know this is a generational thing (my way of saying I'm a lot older than you are), but still. It shows disrespect.

first off, where is this decent woman, decent women dont cheat, they just leave, and damn right it shows disrespect, about as much as someone cheating, shes a .....!

baby driver

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Sunny CA
www.myspace.com
I am so sorry, Nico.

I am in Concord, and have a 510 atty here for you if you want it. PM me if you do and we can arrange it.

Take it easy. Go ahead and cry if it makes you feel better. It usually makes me feel better if I cry.

Mooby,
So sorry for your experience. I had a deep depression last year after my dog Chance (in my avitar) died. He was my best friend for over 8 years.
BTW, I love your reviews and have been helped so much by them!

There are better times ahead for both of you, so just hang on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread