Remove Part of Fiber Filling in Cartridges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
I recently took out the fiber in my 501 cartridge, cut off 1/3 of it, and put it back in. This way I could put more liquid in it, and maybe like the atty/cart combo more.

Is this a good idea? Or will it somehow end up damaging the atty somehow? It seems that they put so much filler in the carts there isn't hardly any room for juice...and primarily why I don't care for the combo.

Thoughts?

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Ok, cool. I have not really messed with atty's/carts much as they dry out too fast and I got tired of messing with them and immediately switched to cartomizers because of this.

Is the only purpose of the filler to stop liquid from leaking into your mouth? Or is there some other purpose of it?

I guess I should have posted this in the technical section.

t9c

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Houston
Is the only purpose of the filler to stop liquid from leaking into your mouth? Or is there some other purpose of it?

Not into your mouth, but into the atty, then running out all over the place. The 510 cart has a small disc under the cap (that can be removed, btw) that keeps liquid from getting into your mouth.

FireHorse

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Wyoming, USA
The filler is there to hold the liquid because otherwise, if you filled the cart with just the juice, it would leak out between the battery and atty.

The method I linked makes it so you don't have to refill as often because you're able to put in more liquid than you are with having the cart completely stuffed with filler. Using the foam instead of poly filler works better because the liquid goes through the holes in the foam faster than it does with the poly fill.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
Buss
My experience with that method:
The main problem is "that little piece of filler" slides into the cart as soon as its pushed into the Atty leaving it still in contact with the bridge but with very little pressure. Something is needed inside the cart below the filler to prevent the filler from sliding into the cart. This is where the "ADT" with ballpoint spring method(scottyballs) has "my simple cart mod" beat.
Heres a link:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/46294-must-try-adm-auto-drip-mod.html

Last edited:

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Thats cool... I was just desperate with the Dekang... and had to try something...anything... to get some decent vaping until my other juice arrives... this works not bad... better than it was originally, in my view. Very likely not the best option though, as you just mentioned...

The solution to having it get pushed back in the cart is to simply have a couple of the filler threads hang out of the top of the cart...then when cart is pressed into the atmomizer - it can't move.

I like simplicity...lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread