Status
Not open for further replies.

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
I just received my Reo clone, and as a Reo fan, I am somewhat sad to say this clone is pretty close to a legit. The button diameter is smaller so my button covers don't fit, the finishing isn't as good, rough corners, door magnets are useless, not a reverse threaded 510, door doesn't sit flush. But with a 0.6 ohm RM2, I don't notice a sizeable v-drop. A much better value than any of the other China-made mech squonkers and a great intro for those wanting to try squonking. Unfortunately for Rob, I think a clone with this performance will put a dent into his sales to new squonkers.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Thanks for the review on your reo clone----I was wondering what people thought of this thing.

For 25 dollars it seems like a good way to try squonking before going for the authentic reo from Rob.

I bought the Smokless Owl 25.00 squonker and it is pretty good all except for the firing

button----sometimes I get nothing when I push it.

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA
Got my chalice 3...built it and put on the reo clone, it was 1.2 ohms, I built it like you'd build a kayfun with the coil in the middle of the posts, it wasn't very good

so I rebuilt it like I'd built a normal dripper, its 1ohm and works better...decent vapor, decent throat hit but the flavor isn't anything special but that's kind of how I feel about drippers...I don't see the hype

either way this isn't a thread about the chalice itself...but the reo has been working good...nothing wrong with the paint as of yet, the bottom of the door is a bit sharp and I don't like the button placement on the top, would rather it on the side..for $25 it'll provide you with a decent vape, but I think I just prefer a tank and regulated mod myslef

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Still waiting on delivery of this mod, it last scanned two stops away from my post office, and then... tonight while checking, I see a notification that the origin post is preparing a shipment... will I get two of these??? Now that would be funny:laugh::laugh: if it plays out like that, it would be like 14$ each :2cool: Throwaway items at that price :)

I had to look again, original ship date-

July 31, 2015 , 11:57 am
Delivered, In/At Mailbox

Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 11:57 am on July 31, 2015 in XXXX XXX , NC XXXXX.

July 31, 2015 , 8:37 am
Out for Delivery XXXX, NC XXXXX

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
July 31, 2015 , 8:28 am

Processed Through Sort Facility
SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA

July 31, 2015 , 8:27 am

Sorting Complete
XXXX , NC XXXXX
July 31, 2015 , 4:41 am

Arrived at Unit
XXXX, NC XXXXX
July 31, 2015 , 2:39 am

Departed USPS Facility
GREENSBORO, NC 27495
July 30, 2015 , 2:28 am

Arrived at USPS Facility
GREENSBORO, NC 27495
July 28, 2015 , 9:13 pm

Departed USPS Facility
FLUSHING, NY 11351
July 28, 2015 , 12:51 am

Arrived at USPS Facility
FLUSHING, NY 11351

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
July 21, 2015 , 8:15 am

Processed Through Sort Facility
SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA
July 20, 2015 , 7:04 pm

They must have shipped a second oneo_O:?:

Last edited:
Reactions: thetrucker

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I just received my Reo clone, and as a Reo fan, I am somewhat sad to say this clone is pretty close to a legit. The button diameter is smaller so my button covers don't fit, the finishing isn't as good, rough corners, door magnets are useless, not a reverse threaded 510, door doesn't sit flush. But with a 0.6 ohm RM2, I don't notice a sizeable v-drop. A much better value than any of the other China-made mech squonkers and a great intro for those wanting to try squonking. Unfortunately for Rob, I think a clone with this performance will put a dent into his sales to new squonkers.
I agree with everything you posted here. Upon inspection of this mod, they forgot to tighten the nipple onto the firing pin, a little tightening and good to go. I didn't change anything out, just cleaned it and slapped a Cyclone on top and a fresh battery, no detectable difference in performance. The magnets don't seem to have any effect at all, like they are not even there, but the door fits very tight in it's channels so it doesn't really move at all. Visually, side by side it appears to be a 1-1 clone, this leaves me a little uneasy personally, I fear that some unscrupulous characters will capitalize on these in the secondary market.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
ENAUD if you get two of these and you get charged for 1----then good for you--bout time you got a break out of this

world-----yeaaaaa
I think they installed the magnet wrong, actually, I am Positive that they NEGATED the magnets abilities :D :lol: :facepalm:

Reactions: RuDawg7890

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
So a Cyclone fits on this? I thought it didn't?
My Cyclone does fit into the catch cup, as it did on my non LP REOs.

I have a major concern with this mods 510 connector, it is right hand threaded( the adjustment grub screw), and can work it's way in after several attempts to tighten the attie. If an attie doesn't have a noticeably proud center pin, I fear that there is a potential for a dead short with the way this 510 connection is made. I haven't proven this, but it seems to be a possibility. I just wanted to throw this out there for folks to be aware of and to make sure that if you get one with the right hand threaded grub screw, please make sure that your center pin of your atomizer is proud from the negative threaded part...

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
My Cyclone does fit into the catch cup, as it did on my non LP REOs.

I have a major concern with this mods 510 connector, it is right hand threaded( the adjustment grub screw), and can work it's way in after several attempts to tighten the attie. If an attie doesn't have a noticeably proud center pin, I fear that there is a potential for a dead short with the way this 510 connection is made. I haven't proven this, but it seems to be a possibility. I just wanted to throw this out there for folks to be aware of and to make sure that if you get one with the right hand threaded grub screw, please make sure that your center pin of your atomizer is proud from the negative threaded part...

So it has an adjustable 510, but the pin is right hand threaded? So is my VF clone, but its regulated so it just tells me the atty is shorted but of course doesn't fire.

Is yours from 3F? Is the one at Focalecig the same clone?

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
So it has an adjustable 510, but the pin is right hand threaded? So is my VF clone, but its regulated so it just tells me the atty is shorted but of course doesn't fire.

Is yours from 3F? Is the one at Focalecig the same clone?

Mine is from focalecig, again, I am not 100% certain that this will be an issue, but the right hand thread of the grub screw and the way the center pin looks down in the cup of the 510, and the thought occurred to me that there could be a possibility if a dead short if an attie has a slightly recessed center pin.

I had a hard time getting a good seat with atomizer to the 510, and each time I loosened it and screwed it in tight again, the grub screw worked its way deeper and deeper.
I'm going to file the catch cup down to low profile and marry an IGO-W atomizer with a proud center pin to this mod.

I just wanted to throw a word of caution out there, use a meter and check things out if you are unsure about safety...

P.S. I went with an Odin because the center pin is way out there. A little disc sander action, mill file and sandpaper and voila! LP cheapo clone

IMG_8836%20850x478_zpszb1b5kob.jpg

Metal removal left big shiny specs on the file and sandpaper, this is not the same grade aluminum used by REOs mods. The door can be bent with much less force as well. It does hit good all the way down to 3.7-3.6V so all in all it is a good intro to squonking device. I'll probably just use it for trips requiring international air travel after my test period, I am spoiled by my REOs. If they did in fact double ship, I'll be getting in touch with you , thetrucker ;) and one of them will be yours :)

Last edited:

spencerreid

Multiple ID Suspension
May 18, 2015
www.3fvape.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I got one of them, the same day the scan showed that showed a scan through Shenzen China, it will be a little less than a week before I really know if there was a double ship...

I had this same thing happen to me within the last week or so. A package from FastTech went from Shenzen "origin post is preparing shipment" -> ISC NY -> my state -> my city -> Shenzen "origin post is preparing shipment"???! -> my mailbox.

It seems to be a new "feature" of the USPS, it has become really bad for me over the last year or so.
I have one package that has been sitting in ISC NY for over two weeks, while several others have arrived there afterwards, and already been delivered.

I've been waiting for my Reo clone for over a month now, though that is mostly on 3fvape not the USPS.

Reactions: ENAUD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread