REO Grand Initial Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
I can finally give my mail carrier a break (I have to say that today because my usual mail MAN is apparently on vacation and the lovely young lady who brought my Grand to me was clearly NOT a man). Its here!!!! Its here!!! Can you tell I'm excited?

Ok, so if you are at all into mods, you are probably aware that the REO mods are possibly the most highly sought after mod going right now, although the people who have been waiting patiently for an Ali'i might argue with that.

Well the Reo Grand has only been in my hands for about an hour, but here are my impressions so far, from the ordering process right up to the first couple vapes.

1) Ordering process: this is the only thing about this mod that doesn't rate a 10, at least so far. Rob has a problem, but not really a bad one. Motorcycle enthusiasts will remember that Harley Davidson used to sell their motorcycles before they were even off the assembly line. The demand for them was so high they literally couldn't make them fast enough to stock dealerships with bikes. Well, as problems go, that ain't so bad for the manufacturer. And Robert O'Neil, the genius behind Reo Mods, is in a similar situation right now. Ordering is currently being handled through the REOMODS subforum here on ECF and not through the website. If you want a Reo Grand or Reo mini, i suggest you subscribe to this thread so you get updates when the thread grows. The basic method is, in advance Rob will announce when he will release the next available units. He will put up a post listing the grands and minis and what colors he has in both. Then you send Rob an email (address will be in his post) letting him know which color you want. He fills the orders based on the time stamps of the emails. He then sends out a paypal payment request to the folks who got their emails out in time. Last week, on wednesday, it took all of two minutes for him to sell out, so you absolutely must be infront of your computer at the appointed time. This process isn't so very wonderful for us, but I understand he has been having trouble with his website crashing in the past when he released pieces. So this process is far more reliable for Rob, and hey, it gets the job done. I have to admit i was lucky, I sent rob an email with a color choice, but also said, if that isn't available I'll take whatever you have left.

Frankly, I didn't expect to get one. Right after I sent the email I had to leave the house to run some errands and was pleasantly surprised when, upon my return, i had a paypal request waiting for me.

2) Paypal payment. Just don't mention ecigs at all. Simple and painless

3) Shipment. Five days. Given the New Years holiday was in there....i'd say thats pretty exceptional

4) Packaging: Typical small flat rate box, lotsa bubble wrap, packed in tight. The unit was definately going to arrive in one piece, short of the USPS running over with a truck or some such silliness.

5) Set up: There really isn't much to this. 510 atomizer hookup. So you put an atomizer on. Service juice bottle holds 6ml, and of course you need to put batteries in it. Thats it. Once i opened the box I was vaping in like 2 minutes.

6) Features: 6ml service bottle with extra 6ml bottle included. 510 drip tip included. Unique switch design. Give switch a 1/4 turn to "lock-out". button will not depress, atty will not fire. Pocket/purse friendly. switch is very easy to turn and feels comfortable. The position on top of the unit should be friendly to both lefty and righty users. Bottle window is large and easy to find without really having to look for it. Sliding door held on by magnets. The magnets are sufficiently strong, the door feels secure while still being easy to remove when needed. Catch-cup: maybe my favorite feature. One thing I really really wish my Phidias had.

7) Phorbin, you're talking too much, just tell us how it vapes already: AMAZING. I started with a cisco spec LR306 and it just cranks out flavor and vapor in equal measure. To say its an enjoyable vaping experience would be a world class understatement. Also stuck a LR 510 and a regular 510 just to see. I'm a LR guy now, but even the standard 510 had a nice warmth to it, and all 3 attys really cranked out the vapor. If you're into vapor production, i don't think you'll be disappointed one bit. Throat hit is substantial. And if you're an eGo user used to running at more like 3.2v, it packs a pretty serous TH punch.

Its only been a couple hours. A more thorough video review will be coming in probably a week, maybe 10 days, once I've had the chance to give it a real workout.

Thanks for reading and vape on! :vapor:

Phorbin

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
a few photos for you:

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 414

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
I got my Reo Grande today too. Also gold with the black door. This is my first mod and I ordered batteries and a charger 2 nites before I got lucky enough to score in Rob's sale last Wednesday. Until my batteries get here, I'll just look at it wistfully and grumble.

I'm sure I'll love it.

Wait you ordered your batts and charger last monday and still haven't gotten them? That ain't right :p Here's to a speedy delivery for you so you can start enjoying that Grand.

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
Wait you ordered your batts and charger last monday and still haven't gotten them? That ain't right :p Here's to a speedy delivery for you so you can start enjoying that Grand.

WHAT HE SAID!!!!! you should be mad vaping that 6ml juice bottle by now. Heres hoping you get those batts soon!

Last edited:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
I got my Reo Grande today too. Also gold with the black door. This is my first mod and I ordered batteries and a charger 2 nites before I got lucky enough to score in Rob's sale last Wednesday. Until my batteries get here, I'll just look at it wistfully and grumble.

I'm sure I'll love it.

You are both obviously cultured men with exceptional taste. (I've got the same style.)

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
Although there is a girl (my gf) in my avatar I'm the lucky guy to the right :p

there is no right answer to that....if i agree with you then i'm a pig and if i disagree with you then i'm an .... So i'll just nod dumbly and hope the topic of conversation changes. ROFL

And now for the rest of the story: she's a very pretty woman and yes, you are very lucky.

Can i go back to hiding under a rock now?

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
there is no right answer to that....if i agree with you then i'm a pig and if i disagree with you then i'm an .... So i'll just nod dumbly and hope the topic of conversation changes. ROFL

And now for the rest of the story: she's a very pretty woman and yes, you are very lucky.

Can i go back to hiding under a rock now?

LOL it's all good.

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
Yah not only that I have a grand coming in as well. It's like were twins :p For god sakes all the people getting their REOs today and mine is still on my mail man's truck. I'm about to chase him down terminator 2 style.

Keep in mind that it requires a signature. I was answering natures call when my maillady came this morning. I had to grab the signature card she left in the mailbox and sprint a few houses up the street to get it today! totally worth the accidental exercise though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread