REO Technical Issues/Shop Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwat82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
The Land of Lincoln
Awesome! Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna give that a try :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Debadoo

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
New coil...vape bliss. :facepalm::thumb:

@Debadoo thanks for the tip :blush:

ETA...I have to say, the curve REO is more comfortable to hold than I expected. And LOVE the side button. Does take a bit to get use to when filling the bottle. I accidentally fired it a couple of times.

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Me, too :oops:

ETA...I have to say, the curve REO is more comfortable to hold than I expected. And LOVE the side button. Does take a bit to get use to when filling the bottle. I accidentally fired it a couple of times.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

Sometimes when I've seen this with my other REOs ( I don't have a P67 yet) it has been a screw that loosened in the attie posts. Would get a fire, and a drop off. Tightening the coil screws usually fixed it. Sometimes they can loosen I'm guessing from heating and cooling a bunch of times.

Congrats on the P67! :thumbs:

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Sometimes when I've seen this with my other REOs ( I don't have a P67 yet) it has been a screw that loosened in the attie posts. Would get a fire, and a drop off. Tightening the coil screws usually fixed it. Sometimes they can loosen I'm guessing from heating and cooling a bunch of times.

Congrats on the P67! :thumbs:
I've experienced that before too. I remember Rob's suggestion that we re-tighten the screws on the atty the next morning. Now it's almost habit...almost

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Didn't think about that either. But I also didn't remember I was vaping a NET juice in the Grand so my Chalice coil was pretty gunked. It wasn't a real old coil, but gunked up. :facepalm:

I'm such a dork. :?:
Nope, not a dork. Ya just know when to reach out. So grateful we have this thread.
The other day I noticed I kept getting dry hits. Finally figured out my tube was just an itty bitty too long. It was pulling juice but also the side of the bottle, even though I had cut it at an angle.....

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

glad it helped and you got it workin great! Newp, notta dork......I've done it lots, that's why I thought of it. Well, I am a dork....but I consider it a talent!!! hehehe

Sometimes they can loosen I'm guessing from heating and cooling a bunch of times.
jup this is good too! always forget about that!

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Well my new P67 has arrived!!!! I have a few questions....I read that the P67 for some was hitting even harder than the normal Grand which, helllooooo...I was super excited!

Unfortunately, mine seems to be hitting less hard than the Grand. :?: Using my Chalice III, it's connecting/firing, but, do I need to adjust the 510? Like maybe it's not getting proper contact? Also, I see the tiny screw from up the bottom/spring plate. The screw itself is sticking up next to the spring, making the spring slightly crooked. Is that normal on these?

Angi....the springs on all of mine are standing up straight as a soldier, so you may want to email Rob. Perhaps the slightly crooked screw could be causing the spring to cant a bit either to the left or right so causing the battery not to be fully in contact? I'd just contact Rob if I were you. It should be hitting harder than the Grands, in my experience with the ones that I have

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.

I always take my battery out when i'm filling a bottle...for that very same reason, as i'd done it a time or two!

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Angi....the springs on all of mine are standing up straight as a soldier, so you may want to email Rob. Perhaps the slightly crooked screw could be causing the spring to cant a bit either to the left or right so causing the battery not to be fully in contact? I'd just contact Rob if I were you. It should be hitting harder than the Grands, in my experience with the ones that I have

I took another look at the spring and it was straight but leaning up towards the right so when I insert the batt, it looked like the spring was only contacting the right bottom side of the batt versus the whole bottom. I gently pressed it towards the left and then frustrated I really pushed it towards the left. I thought I accidentally collapsed it! LOLOL.

But...it is now straight up and I do believe, it was also part of the issue. The spring is making contact with the center bottom now and It seems to be hitting even better! Between that and the gunked coil, it was a weaker hit. I kept looking at the fire button contact and the atty threads/510 connection.

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I took another look at the spring and it was straight but leaning up towards the right so when I insert the batt, it looked like the spring was only contacting the right bottom side of the batt versus the whole bottom. I gently pressed it towards the left and then frustrated I really pushed it towards the left. I thought I accidentally collapsed it! LOLOL.

But...it is now straight up and I do believe, it was also part of the issue. The spring is making contact with the center bottom now and It seems to be hitting even better! Between that and the gunked coil, it was a weaker hit. I kept looking at the fire button contact and the atty threads/510 connection.

SO is it vaping great for you now?!

Last edited:

jwat82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
The Land of Lincoln
When you have it apart,try putting a SLIGHT up bend on the corners of the right side of the brass striker plate.. When you re-assemble and tighten the nut back on,this will put a little more pressure against the plastic on off tab.
Thanks again! Worked a charm; no more rattling lock switch!

I don't use the lock switch much, but when I do I'm really happy it's there.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread