Status
Not open for further replies.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
For you Reonauts looking for button top batteries, Mountain Electronics Mountain Electronics has both the Lg H2 and the Samsung 30 Q in stock now. Its a flashlight fan's site, not a vaper's site but still very good people to do business with. Top notch folks.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
So, I've had some time with the super soft bottles I recently purchased from FT. OMG, what a different experience squonking. A kitten (even without the benefit of an opposable thumb) could squeeze these.

I do find that I get some juice left in the atty with a pure VG mix in some atties with less efficient drainage (smaller 510 pin holes), but that is easily worked around.

Thanks, @JC Okie, for championing them.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
So, I've had some time with the super soft bottles I recently purchased from FT. OMG, what a different experience squonking. A kitten (even without the benefit of an opposable thumb) could squeeze these.

I do find that I get some juice left in the atty with a pure VG mix in some atties with less efficient drainage (smaller 510 pin holes), but that is easily worked around.

Thanks for the great report!
I just received the same bottles but haven’t fiddled with them yet. Did you just pop it in there like the shock kind (after cutting the end of the tube of course)?

Reactions: Papa_Lazarou

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

so are you liking them? Hope so.

I just received the same bottles but haven’t fiddled with them yet. Did you just pop it in there like the shock kind (after cutting the end of the tube of course)?
Jup. and I don't even cut the tube. I put the angled end through so it goes into the bottle and leave it at that. I might should try the inverted V to see if it would suck up more juice, but I vape the same flavor til I'm out of it anyhow so that really doesn't matter to me. Trim the other end to fit and put it on. The first few times you put it on it really seems like it won't go on, it's super tight, but it will. Then it gets easier to pull on and off if you choose to refill by taking the tube/bottle off.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK

:wub:

Glad you are liking them. Yeah, to ME these bottles were game-changers. I know we use that label pretty loosely sometimes, but in this case it fits for me. I LOVE them. I’ve changed over all my 2015 Woodvils and P-67s. I’m constantly searching the internet for signs that someone is making a little 3 ml version for our baby REOs. So far no luck.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

Yep - I just cut the tube for height. First installation takes a little muscle to fit the tube on the pin and I pull the bottle and tube off together to refill, so they loosened up fairly quickly. I got used to this method of refilling from various squonkers and it works well with these bottles.

No cap seating prep, either, as is the case with the other Italian bottles.

If you're looking for the easiest possible squonk, this would be it.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
:wub:

Glad you are liking them. Yeah, to ME these bottles were game-changers. I know we use that label pretty loosely sometimes, but in this case it fits for me. I LOVE them. I’ve changed over all my 2015 Woodvils and P-67s. I’m constantly searching the internet for signs that someone is making a little 3 ml version for our baby REOs. So far no luck.

Yep - like 'em a lot. I drive a little sports car, my wife drives and Audi sedan. The difference between these bottles and most others is like the difference in steering those two vehicles (just to prove this difference to her, I often steer her car with my knees when I drive it... much to her consternation).

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Once again, you Reonauts we’re right on! Tried one of those new soft bottles (followed your instructions) and wow, they almost squeeze themselves. I don’t even need my knee (@Papa_Lazarou )! As promised, it took a bit of patience and more than a few times to get the tube over the 510 (it helped to remember that they stretch a bit (thus easier) for future “slip-ons.” I also ended up taking the bottle off the cap to make it easier and was astounded that I could get the bottle back on without a mess (lucky first try?). It’s gonna take a bit to ease up on the squonking action with these bottles, especially since I rotate between a softie and a stock one in my 18490 Woodville when I’m home. Danger...danger....auto-pilot squonking. Haha

And yes, @JC Okie, I do believe your new Full Time job should be finding the soft ones in a smaller version please. :thumbs:

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
I bought these from VariTube.

IMG_20180226_154955_402.jpg

They're much softer than the stock Reo bottle, but a little thicker than the Pulse bottle. I love them, and they do fit the Reo.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I bought these from VariTube.

View attachment 730861
They're much softer than the stock Reo bottle, but a little thicker than the Pulse bottle. I love them, and they do fit the Reo.
How tall are those? How many ml do they hold? I’m trying to find a bottle that will fit into our little Mini REOs (3ml) that run the 18490 batteries.

• Agree
Reactions: Robinowitz

Alamedean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
Alameda, CA
Yep - I just cut the tube for height. First installation takes a little muscle to fit the tube on the pin and I pull the bottle and tube off together to refill, so they loosened up fairly quickly. I got used to this method of refilling from various squonkers and it works well with these bottles.

No cap seating prep, either, as is the case with the other Italian bottles.

If you're looking for the easiest possible squonk, this would be it.
With all the great reviews of these bottles, I've got to try them out but is there a cap that can be used to keep additional bottles of juice "stored" when I am out of the house or traveling? TIA

Reactions: Papa_Lazarou

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
With all the great reviews of these bottles, I've got to try them out but is there a cap that can be used to keep additional bottles of juice "stored" when I am out of the house or traveling? TIA
On the bottles we’re talking about, no...no extra cap. On the bottles that @tobarger linked to (which are not the same bottles....but certainly look like they would work on the big REOs for sure) there IS an extra cap with no hole in it.

Reactions: Alamedean

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

Good to see you, dean. Not sure about a direct solid cap replacement. As I swap the bottle, cap, and tube together, what I do is simply take along a 50ml bottle of juice to refill on the go. The 50 ml sits in my front pocket and I don't even know it's there while out and about. A 30ml bottle would be even more unobtrusive.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Wow! 3 days into using the extra soft bottles from sort of fast tech and I’ve started to change my heavy handed squonking habit and have not over-squonker once. (Amazing). No drips or spills either. And some how I’ve been able to do refills like I did with the standard bottles (removing the cap only). I have slender long fingers so that might help. Thanks for giving me the courage to try that @Debadoo! So Jan have you found the softies to fit our little guys yet? Haha (nag nag).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread