Status
Not open for further replies.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    .4ohm sounds like I'd want a 25amp+ battery.. or change to a dual coil for more vapor at a higher ohm.
    At .4Ω you would only draw 10.5amps at 4.2v leaving 48% headroom with a 20amp battery.
    So a 20amp battery would be fine.
    I'm holding off buying new batteries until the Sony VTC6a comes out. 25amp 3000mah
    Hopefully we'll see them around November.

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Oh Nooooo!

My hammertone P67 is a shelf queen - never travels, never dropped.
    But allofasudden, I noted this - a strip of finish peeling up. Flapping. Still attached, but obviously not for long, being in the door-slide-track and all.

What should I do, do ya think?

a) Hell with it, just make the thing another road warrior like your black P67 and get it all scuffed and chipped. It'll look tough, and have "character".

b) superglue it back

c) snap it off, it'll come clean right at the edge and you won't see it with the door on (that'd be nice)
    d) same as c, but use a razorblade

e) some other option...re-finish or something?

hammertone-peel.jpg

bushmaster

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 19, 2010
    Colville, WA
    I'd hose it out with alcohol, let it dry and superglue it. But then...that's me. To give you an example, I just got home from work and prepared my work Grand for the day tomorrow. Battery, juice....that's about it. There are some wood chips in the engine compartment but in my profession, that's a way of life. She still purrs like a kitten. I'll shake em out this weekend. YMMV. :)

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Yep - I guess it's "kind of" just paint - and it's a strip beginning to peel off, but still hanging on...
    I think I'll see if there's other advice - @Eric Parlin, maybe - any "finish repair" tricks to apply here? (up 2 posts) :)

How does that happen :blink:and is this just paint? I’m confused

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 18, 2014
    Washington
    But allofasudden, I noted this - a strip of finish peeling up
    That happened to my HT P67 at the same location. Started happening a week after I had it and it got worse. Sent it in to Rob, he stripped it and refinished it. Apparently, it was a problem with the first release hammertones. Since I got it back, no problems whatsoever. Maybe contact Eric to see if that is still offered as an option.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2014
    Macomb, MI, USA
    That happened to my HT P67 at the same location. Started happening a week after I had it and it got worse. Sent it in to Rob, he stripped it and refinished it. Apparently, it was a problem with the first release hammertones. Since I got it back, no problems whatsoever. Maybe contact Eric to see if that is still offered as an option.

Nice.. mine was the first release hammertone as well and figured there was a issue with the pain job and now I know I was right and its wide spread.

I've had 2 other hammertoes and never had an issue with it as I think it's the strongest finished offered.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2013
    Gabriola Island, Canada
    Oh Nooooo!

My hammertone P67 is a shelf queen - never travels, never dropped.
    But allofasudden, I noted this - a strip of finish peeling up. Flapping. Still attached, but obviously not for long, being in the door-slide-track and all.

What should I do, do ya think?

a) Hell with it, just make the thing another road warrior like your black P67 and get it all scuffed and chipped. It'll look tough, and have "character".

b) superglue it back

c) snap it off, it'll come clean right at the edge and you won't see it with the door on (that'd be nice)
    d) same as c, but use a razorblade

e) some other option...re-finish or something?

View attachment 744335

Hmmm... I'd say:

* Contain the damage, hopefully with a razor. I wouldn't superglue at this point as this might affect any future retreatments (see below).

* Use for a bit to see if a) you can live with the result, and b) that the issue is, in fact, contained). Because it's happening on a friction edge, due to the door action, it might show up elsewhere on the rail.

* If you can't live with the result and/or you're seeing more erosion, send it in for a strip and retreat OR enjoy your new road warrior.

Personally, I'd say "cool - I have a new yardwork mod" and prolly replace it, given what seems to be a better application process in later runs of the finish, but that's me. Lord knows you wouldn't be above picking up a new mod ;)

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    Hi Reonauts. I have a question about the P-67 button. Earlier today I noticed that it was sticking some. Took a look inside. Didn’t see anything. Then the next thing I noticed was that the outer button popped off. It still wors fine cause I can still push the little “button” that the outer button was attached to. (Probably just for looks). I do want to re-attach it both for looks and it is a bit bigger for my finger to find. (Came off clean). Before I super glue it back on I wanted to see if anyone else had that issue and what they did to Fix it. (I’ve had this mod since they first came out a few years back and this is my first teeny tiny issue. It gets daily use).

Thanks friends.

Reactions: ed101z

JC Okie

REOnaut
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    I haven’t had that issue on the P67. I’ve had that button off, though, and it is basically like the button caps on the Grand and others. Rather than superglue (so permanent!) I’d put a little strip of dental floss across the little button then force the bigger button down on it. Remember that being how we fixed button covers that were too loose? Or....did you try popping it back on with no glue? It may be tight enough to stay without glue or dental floss or string...

Last edited:

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    Smart ideas Jan! Super glue is rather permanent. Haha. Kinda funny, I put the button cover back on this morning and it popped off pretty quickly. I just tried it again and so far, so good. (It is a game of millimeters). If it gets silly again, I will try the dental floss trick.

Thank you again, wise, kind one!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread