REO Technical Issues/Shop Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
I’ve started to change my heavy handed squonking habit and have not over-squonker once
They are surprisingly easy to get used to. I also bought a Reloader from VariTube, which is a metal 510 threaded cap that screws on to (almost) any 60ml unicorn bottle. You just screw it on like an atty and fill it down through the 510. Pretty handy, but it can be done the old school way if you're careful.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
They are surprisingly easy to get used to. I also bought a Reloader from VariTube, which is a metal 510 threaded cap that screws on to (almost) any 60ml unicorn bottle. You just screw it on like an atty and fill it down through the 510. Pretty handy, but it can be done the old school way if you're careful.
Cool! Just wish we could find some soft ones like yours or super soft ones like mine in a 3 ml size to fit the smaller Reos. Tenacity!

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Wow! 3 days into using the extra soft bottles from sort of fast tech and I’ve started to change my heavy handed squonking habit and have not over-squonker once. (Amazing). No drips or spills either. And some how I’ve been able to do refills like I did with the standard bottles (removing the cap only). I have slender long fingers so that might help. Thanks for giving me the courage to try that @Debadoo! So Jan have you found the softies to fit our little guys yet? Haha (nag nag).
Not yet I haven’t found any little ones, but I’m not giving up. These super soft bottles have me so spoiled.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Anybody still using the Japanese spice bottles for the little reos?
Jim, I still have them in my Minis, but I just don’t use the Minis. (Ha). I have been using the P67s or 2015 Woodvils all the time.

But...if I could find some little silicone bottles that fit them.....

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
sho' 'nuff, Miss D.
I thought you did from the post, but some folks don't like how easily they squonk, so wuzn't certain. and quit drivin with yur knees mister! (mean mama look) hehehe

Once again, you Reonauts we’re right on! Tried one of those new soft bottles (followed your instructions) and wow, they almost squeeze themselves. I don’t even need my knee (@Papa_Lazarou )! As promised, it took a bit of patience and more than a few times to get the tube over the 510 (it helped to remember that they stretch a bit (thus easier) for future “slip-ons.” I also ended up taking the bottle off the cap to make it easier and was astounded that I could get the bottle back on without a mess (lucky first try?). It’s gonna take a bit to ease up on the squonking action with these bottles, especially since I rotate between a softie and a stock one in my 18490 Woodville when I’m home. Danger...danger....auto-pilot squonking. Haha

And yes, @JC Okie, I do believe your new Full Time job should be finding the soft ones in a smaller version please. :thumbs:
glad you tried em, and glad yur lovin em! Next time I fill, will try to remember to try doing it with just removing the bottle. if my fingernails don't get in the way

With all the great reviews of these bottles, I've got to try them out but is there a cap that can be used to keep additional bottles of juice "stored" when I am out of the house or traveling? TIA
howdy stranger!! Good to see you. Try em, you'll love em! Jan got me hooked on em, and like her, I just can't rave about em enough! :wub: to Jan!

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Good morning REOville.

I have a question which I need some help with please.

This is happened to my wife twice in the last month. She will go to insert a battery into her grand putting the negative end in first onto the spring and then sliding the top of the battery into place. When she slides the top into place, she sees a small spark at the top of the battery and then the spring will sag about halfway. I have a spare spring, so the first time this happened, I changed it out with no problem. It happened again this morning. Just wondering what could be wrong. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
thank you

• Creative
Reactions: JC Okie

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I believe the whole battery without wrapper would be negative polarity and only the very top center of the battery would be possitive.

Is it possible the positive pin is touching the outer top edge of the battery as it's being inserted causing the short? Is the top edge of the battery wrapper torn away?

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
I build them not her. I think the atty is fine because after it happened the first time, I rebuilt the set up completely. New coil and new Wick and everything and it's not touching the top cap or anything. Here are some pics of the battery.
20180504_110512.jpg
20180504_110505.jpg

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
I wonder if the positive pin is sticking out below the delrin insert. Pics would help. That would explain the pulled up heat wrap and if the positive pin is sliding across the exposed negative and touch the positive at the same time, thats a short. Try locking your button before you insert your battery or if the pin is below the delrin insert, try to push it back up. Might be time to replace that positive pin.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Thank you for all the opinions I appreciate it. I agree that it may be time for new batteries. The positive firing pin is definitely not protruding down below the Delrin insert. The positive pin is in perfect shape, but there could have been a drop of juice on top of the battery. I'll make sure to take a peek at that. I may even have to order some new batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread