Status
Not open for further replies.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
im thinking of getting the screw on voltage tester that cov has to easily check this with out having to get my fluke out

Thing is, everything can test out right but as soon as you screw in an internal shorting atty, sparks can fly...so best to check out the atty. If you use protected batteries, they will stop the sparks and stop working until you charge them again or given enough time. If you use IMR's...they'll keep firing...until they release their vapor...but in the short term, your mod can get damaged like mine did.

Infernia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
North Carolina
Hee hee! Here are my basic squonking tips:

"Squonking" refers to pressing on your juice bottle to feed your atty. We all just like the word a lot. ;)

Infernia has a method called Blind Squonking where you don't have to look for the liquid to come up, but I am terrible at it, so I will leave that explanation to others. =D

Thanks Jack.... :) ... Blind Squonking is the method I found because I couldn't get the regular squonking to work. Feeling like a total squonk-tard, I tried everything. One day I was drawing on the tip and squeezing the bottle at the same time and heard it just start to gurgle and felt the slight resistance of the juice inside the atty. I thought I had messed up again but when I fired up the atty it was a perfect vape.

So in order to do this "Blind Squonk" thing you don't need to look at anything you just have to feel and hear it. So basically you just suck on the drip tip or plain tip of your atty while you gently squeeze the bottle at the same time... When you hear the start of a gurgle (if you get a wet sloppy gurgle you got too much juice) Once it begins to give you that gurgle you will feel a difference in the draw and it will give you resistance that you can feel in your mouth.
You are ready to vape and as I say in my 'Sig" you can now vape into a nic induced coma.

The short version is in my Sig below... HTH

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
hello-Just got my reo mini last week. Loving it! this may be silly question-the tube that is attached on top of the bottle cap that connects into the top inside of the reo. this tube extends out sometimes when I pull the bottle out to refill it with juice. I tried just pushing it back in. this usually works. But the tube is flimsy and when I apply pressure it doesn't push straight in. Is there a better way to push this tube in closer? Is this normal? Now the tube is too long and is twisted when I have the bottle inside the reo.can this tube pop off the reo if pull on the bottle cap to hard when refilling? thx

Also--been using 306LR atomizers. it has been little inconsistent. vapes to hot or gets flooded easily. I tried a low resistance 510 cartomizer on it and it is working great. just ordered some more...Have tried regular 510 atomizers as well as LR 510s and both not vaping the greatest. I'm sure this has been discussed a bunch, I just giving my vote for the lr 510 carto's on this mini. Vaping great with it!.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Hi flexsr! I hope I am understanding you correctly. Remove your juice bottle and battery. Wipe up excess juice with paper towel. Lay the REO on its back. Grab the end of the tube with your right thumb and index finger. With your left hand, grab the cap and gently slide it up the tube until it is roughly 3/16" of an inch away from the brass fitting the tube is attached to. Then replace the bottle and see where you're at. :) Keep me posted. :)

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
hello-Just got my reo mini last week. Loving it! this may be silly question-the tube that is attached on top of the bottle cap that connects into the top inside of the reo. this tube extends out sometimes when I pull the bottle out to refill it with juice. I tried just pushing it back in. this usually works. But the tube is flimsy and when I apply pressure it doesn't push straight in. Is there a better way to push this tube in closer? Is this normal? Now the tube is too long and is twisted when I have the bottle inside the reo.can this tube pop off the reo if pull on the bottle cap to hard when refilling? thx

Also--been using 306LR atomizers. it has been little inconsistent. vapes to hot or gets flooded easily. I tried a low resistance 510 cartomizer on it and it is working great. just ordered some more...Have tried regular 510 atomizers as well as LR 510s and both not vaping the greatest. I'm sure this has been discussed a bunch, I just giving my vote for the lr 510 carto's on this mini. Vaping great with it!.

If you look closely, you'll see the tube isn't attached to the bottle cap, but just runs through a hole drilled into the top of the cap. You can hold the tube below the bottle cap and slide the cap upwards, eliminating the extra length and twisting. You have to use care when installing the bottle not to pull the cap down the tube, but with practice, you'll get it.

Edit: What Rhaps said!

As far as attys and cartos go, experiment and use what works best for you.

mOJAVEpROVIDENCE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Rural America
Firing Button Unintentionally Locking Quick Fix:

i just spoke with rob about the locking pin locking unintentionally and here is what he told me:

it happens, not with all reo's but with some, and if it is bothersome to us that he will gladly tighten the button up for us (which he suggests we not do ourselves) if only we pay for shipping. But here is his suggested quick fix we can do at home.

simply take a pair of small tweezers with a flat edge, and push the locking pin into the button. it should push that pin all the way into the button. you will not be able to lock your reo, but this will definitely eliminate the unintentional locking of your reo.

personally, i told rob he would not be seeing my reo anytime soon, a week without my reo is far worse than my reo without a lock.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
another issue..looks like the o ring that is in the bottle cap has somehow slide down and blocked things. so I took off the bottle cap in order to replace the o ring back... now I can't get the tube thing that is attached to the brass fitting to slide back into the top of the bottle cap. what is the easiest way to get this to slide back on without causing potential leaking problems or pumping problems..should I just cut the tube at the end slightly at an angle to give me a point or should I make the hole in the bottle cap slightly bigger. lastly how far down does the o ring go down inside the bottle cap?

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
hi flexsr! you can cut the tube at an angle right at the end...but what i did to get my tube back through the cap was to treat the cap like it was threaded for the tube. Holding the tube about an 1/8" or so from the end, I pinched it while at a slight angle twisting the cap on the end of the tube. It wasn't too long before the tube slid into the cap. I then pushed the tube in, holding it very close to the cap so the tube didn't fold. All in all, took me about 30 seconds. The o-ring goes above the threads in the cap. Now, I have noticed in one of my minis that the o ring expanded and squished itself out of place....but this is because of the juice I was using. I am thinking that juices with a strong alcohol base may be the cause. I was vaping better butter rum by AVejuice and it happened twice in a week. Just something to be aware of. :)

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
another issue..looks like the o ring that is in the bottle cap has somehow slide down and blocked things. so I took off the bottle cap in order to replace the o ring back... now I can't get the tube thing that is attached to the brass fitting to slide back into the top of the bottle cap. what is the easiest way to get this to slide back on without causing potential leaking problems or pumping problems..should I just cut the tube at the end slightly at an angle to give me a point or should I make the hole in the bottle cap slightly bigger. lastly how far down does the o ring go down inside the bottle cap?

With an angle cut in the end you can get the tip started and twist as you go.
Once you get a tiny amount in its best to get tweezers and pull it through rather then trying to push it.

blindsoup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
New York
Firing Button Unintentionally Locking Quick Fix:

i just spoke with rob about the locking pin locking unintentionally and here is what he told me:

it happens, not with all reo's but with some, and if it is bothersome to us that he will gladly tighten the button up for us (which he suggests we not do ourselves) if only we pay for shipping. But here is his suggested quick fix we can do at home.

simply take a pair of small tweezers with a flat edge, and push the locking pin into the button. it should push that pin all the way into the button. you will not be able to lock your reo, but this will definitely eliminate the unintentional locking of your reo.

personally, i told rob he would not be seeing my reo anytime soon, a week without my reo is far worse than my reo without a lock.

Thanks so much for posting this....i was starting to get annoyed with the button locking every other vape...

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Trenton, Ohio, United States
If your REO fires intermittently or wont fire at all it could possibly be that your using protected batteries with a low resistance atty. I had this issue and found the low resistance atty was tripping the protection circuit on the battery and not letting it fire. I could switch to standard resistance atty's and it would work fine. I got some IMR high drain batteries and no more troubles.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
If your REO fires intermittently or wont fire at all it could possibly be that your using protected batteries with a low resistance atty. I had this issue and found the low resistance atty was tripping the protection circuit on the battery and not letting it fire. I could switch to standard resistance atty's and it would work fine. I got some IMR high drain batteries and no more troubles.

I would also like to add that if a LR atty is causing the battery protection circuit to trip, I would think the atomizer is suspect and would throw it away. JMO. :)

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Someone just brought this up in another thread, so I thought it fitting to add here. When you first get your REO, please do yourself a favor and lower your nic level while you go through your learning curve. It is too easy to vape yourself into a headache or sick feeling by over doing it while learning the characteristics of your new mod. And remember to consume hydrating fluids while vaping. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread