Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
On a more serious note: was there any tips & tricks out there for sealing off the 510 connection well, so that I can reduce/minimize/eliminate juice seepage in my LP's reduced well, over the duration of a 6ml bottle? I'm guessing an o-ring under the RM2 is the answer I'm looking for... and if that is what folks post back with, I guess i'll be having to go to a british hardware store to get some LOL.
Yes an o-ring that sits in the well around the 510 connector or a drip tip o-ring over the threads on the RM2, both work.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Thanks Robert! That takes care of one of my concerns I PM'd you about. What grit sandpaper do you recommend? I'll run out and get some today!
Wood will swell or shrink as the humidity changes and it absorbs or loses moisture. If you have two different types of wood they can absorb or lose moisture at different rates. Make sure to give the mod a few days in a new climate to equalize before you decide you need to adjust it.

Alamedean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
Alameda, CA
Chances are its just some poly that is on the door track. If you have a tool like a screw driver or anything with a rubber handle you can give the door a tap with the rubber end . Do this from the top you wont hurt the wood . If your door is tight from moisture you may need to sand the door .
Place a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface . Hold the door at a 14 degree angle and lightly move the door back and fourth over the sandpaper . I will post a video later today showing exactly how to do this

Thanks Rob. I got the door off this morning and worked the sandpaper a bit. May have to take more off later but don't want to overdue it.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
Wood will swell or shrink as the humidity changes and it absorbs or loses moisture. If you have two different types of wood they can absorb or lose moisture at different rates. Make sure to give the mod a few days in a new climate to equalize before you decide you need to adjust it.

Thanks FB! She had another issue, and needs to be seen by the mod-master, so she's already on her way back to him.

I mean that door is so tight, I had to get someone else to try to get it off, as if it was glued on there. I'm sure Rob will hook her right up for me! I didn't think I would get it off in order to remove the bottle of juice before she headed back, it was that bad.

My other one is tight, but it moves. This one had a death grip on the door! LOL

I think she really just missed being fondled and loved by her maker! :)

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
Yes an o-ring that sits in the well around the 510 connector or a drip tip o-ring over the threads on the RM2, both work.

Guess I'll have to go rustle up a few different O-rings then and see what will work. I'll take a look around for both an o-ring that sits in the well in a few different sizes, and a few that can fit over the threads. Thanks FB!

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Thanks Robert! That takes care of one of my concerns I PM'd you about. What grit sandpaper do you recommend? I'll run out and get some today!
I would get some 400 grit paper . If ones door is not to tight you can use some wax on the door even bar soap works well . There is no simple way for me to make the doors perfect for all climates .

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Thanks FB! She had another issue, and needs to be seen by the mod-master, so she's already on her way back to him.

I mean that door is so tight, I had to get someone else to try to get it off, as if it was glued on there. I'm sure Rob will hook her right up for me! I didn't think I would get it off in order to remove the bottle of juice before she headed back, it was that bad.

My other one is tight, but it moves. This one had a death grip on the door! LOL

I think she really just missed being fondled and loved by her maker! :)

One of my mod doors was SUPER loose... as in, the second the magnet grip broke, the door hit the floor. Other was so tight, it was like yours, couldn't move. I pm'd Rob in a panic when I first got them... mostly over the loose door, because hitting the floor just from accidentally touching the door was not ok. He suggested some superglue at the base, let it dry after sliding it back and forth. That worked like a charm.

The stuck like glued door... after a week... it slides exactly the same as the other door... o_O. I think the swelling from shipping and change in climate HAS to be it... both were self-correcting problems in about a week, and now they are almost the same slide. I'm SOOOO glad I didn't sand the heck out of the 'stuck' one, I almost did.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I would get some 400 grit paper . If ones door is not to tight you can use some wax on the door even bar soap works well . There is no simple way for me to make the doors perfect for all climates .

I think that's exactly it... I had NO IDEA that wood would do that from shipping. Actually, I wondered how you could MAKE them so badly when I got mine... and in a week, I realized that you didn't:). That the WOOD does that by itself, and when it left your shop, all of them probably had the same degree of slide, but depending on climate and temperature, the wood changes itself. Then when it adapts again, it's back to normal. I had no idea wood could do that, and I don't think you would ever realize it unless it's a sliding part like that. Soap (or Vaseline) is a great idea to see if it shrinks again. Both my doors are flawless now, couldn't be happier:).

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Yeap, what they said. Here's a photo

IMAG1831-M.jpg

Alamedean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
Alameda, CA
Looking for suggestions:

My Reo Woodvil is firing intermittently. Sometimes it fires, sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it quits in the middle of a vape. More often it's just not firing now.

My setup:
AWR IMR 18650 2000mah (3 button tops and 2 flat tops) tried them all and they are fresh off the charger. No rattling of batteries. Contacts cleaned. Spring looks good.
RM2 - 1 built with 30AWG 1.23ohms and 1 built at 1.02ohms. Both work on my 490 woodvil
Tried both with and without o-rings in the well. No difference.
Inside wiring looks good as well as dry.
I'm the adopted father but I think this unit was originally purchased new this year.
All has been good until last Wednesday.

Any ideas on what could be going wrong? Thought I ask before I PM Rob.

Probably the firing button needs replacement, huh?

TIA

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I had a problem with one of my Grands a while back. I use the large delrin button top for the fire button. (Bad old hands). Couldn't get the Reo to fire at all. Come to find out that I had pushed the larger button down to far and it wouldn't allow contact. Raised it up a bit and worked like brand new.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread