Status
Not open for further replies.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I never beg... people tend to step on my head when I'm bowing at their feet.

Jack

I can testify that Jack isn't fond of groveling but he surely has perfected the gracious bow-down, in all sencerity, especially when it come to beautiful (inside or out) women.

Aging beauty (so I am told) (it really is in the eye of the beholder) graced by the ocassional presence of our noble Jack, Feisty Alice

Last edited:

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I can testify that Jack isn't fond of groveling but he surely has perfected the gracious bow-down, in all sencerity, especially when it come to beautiful women.

Aging beauty (it really is in the eye of the beholder) graced by the ocassional presence of our noble Jack, Feisty Alice

All joking aside, I'd bet a lot of women fall in love with Jack!

woolfe99

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
San Francisco
I'm having a problem with getting a tight draw on my new Reo Grand. The draw gets tight very fast with a new atomizer and stays that way. Draw loosens up if I disconnect the bottle and tube from the nipple so I know it isn't that the atomizer is actually clogged. It's because the air holes are constricted by the Reo. I've tried cleaning the tube and nipple. Is the draw always supposed to be tight with the Reo?

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I'm having a problem with getting a tight draw on my new Reo Grand. The draw gets tight very fast with a new atomizer and stays that way. Draw loosens up if I disconnect the bottle and tube from the nipple so I know it isn't that the atomizer is actually clogged. It's because the air holes are constricted by the Reo. I've tried cleaning the tube and nipple. Is the draw always supposed to be tight with the Reo?
What brand of atomizer are you using ?

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas

Air doesn't actually come from the bottle for supplying the atty. You could have an airlock that would prevent juice from going to the atty that could be eliminated by unscrewing the bottle a bit then tightened up but that issue wouldn't block air getting to the atty. (A lot of the time atty won't juice because of tube being too long and pressing against the bottom of bottle or clogged tube.) If you look at the bottom of atty, side of screw (post) you should see little holes, if it is a 510. 901 and 801 have air entering differently though. Also, looking down at the catch up, without atty on REO, you will see four groves in the fitting. Air enters there and then to the holes of a 510 atty. I would suspect that something in those two areas is causing the air blockage. It could be juice mixed with environmental debris or even congealed old juice. Sometimes attys just aren't quite right and block air. Sometimes attys tighten up and can be loosened up by drilling out the holes a bit.

Take a look at the catch cup to see if it's gunked up. Cleaning the Grand should eliminate the issue. There are various ways to clean, including immersing (don't immerse a VV or Wood). Let us know if you need instructions for cleaning.

How old is the Grand; new from shop or used?
Are you using any kind of adapter so that your atty can be used in REO?

Feisty Alice

Last edited:

woolfe99

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
San Francisco
Using numerous REOs for over two years the only time I've had issues with draw is the "fault" of the atty or adapter/atty combination.

It isn't the atty in this case. I've used several, and 2 differnt kinds. If I detach the bottle and tube, the draw loosens up. Also, I tried transferring this current atty to an eGo batt and the draw is not tight. It's something to do with the REO.

woolfe99

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
San Francisco
Air doesn't actually come from the bottle for supplying the atty. You could have an airlock that would prevent juice from going to the atty that could be eliminated by unscrewing the bottle a bit then tightened up but that issue wouldn't block air getting to the atty. (A lot of the time atty won't juice because of tube being too long and pressing against the bottom of bottle or clogged tube.) If you look at the bottom of atty, side of screw (post) you should see little holes, if it is a 510. 901 and 801 have air entering differently though. Also, looking down at the catch up, without atty on REO, you will see four groves in the fitting. Air enters there and then to the holes of a 510 atty. I would suspect that something in those two areas is causing the air blockage. It could be juice mixed with environmental debris or even congealed old juice. Sometimes attys just aren't quite right and block air. Sometimes attys tighten up and can be loosened up by drilling out the holes a bit.

Take a look at the catch cup to see if it's gunked up. Cleaning the Grand should eliminate the issue. There are various ways to clean, including immersing (don't immerse a VV or Wood). Let us know if you need instructions for cleaning.

How old is the Grand; new from shop or used?
Are you using any kind of adapter so that your atty can be used in REO?

Feisty Alice

Grand is new, 3 weeks old. I'll try cleaning it more thoroughly and see if that does the trick. Thanks for the suggestions.

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
Grand is new, 3 weeks old. I'll try cleaning it more thoroughly and see if that does the trick. Thanks for the suggestions.
Double post.......
May as well dance
dancing.gif

Last edited:

woolfe99

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
San Francisco
What atty are you using? Are they compatible with bottom feeders?

It's been going on for about a week now, which leads me to believe that something has gotten clogged up. Upon examining the catch cup, I don't think I understand the mechanism by which air escapes. I'm considering just doing an immersion but I'd like to know what kind of liquid. Warm water?

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
The air draw comes through a hole on the side of the atty, right above the connector threads. You'll see one or two small holes there. If the draw has tightened up, it could be from a gunked up atty OR some juices cause the gasket material in the atty's connector to swell....partially blocking the holes.

You can use a small drill bit to ream out the holes. Here is a thread that discusses http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/183433-drilling-out-holes-atties.html

Last edited:

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
It's been going on for about a week now, which leads me to believe that something has gotten clogged up. Upon examining the catch cup, I don't think I understand the mechanism by which air escapes. I'm considering just doing an immersion but I'd like to know what kind of liquid. Warm water?

Hi Wolf.., Just plain old hot tap water, run it all thru your mod, make sure you see water coming from the catch cup down thru the tube.

Dry it gently with napkin/paper towel. Add a dab of Noaloz to the firing pin, use a cotton swap dipped a little in rubbing alcohol, run it around the catch cup
and vape like you stole it!

I forgot...remove the battery first!

woolfe99

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
San Francisco
The air draw comes through a hole on the side of the atty, right above the connector threads. You'll see one or two small holes there. If the draw has tightened up, it could be from a gunked up atty OR some juices cause the gasket material in the atty's connector to swell....partially blocking the holes.

You can use a small drill bit to ream out the holes. Here is a thread that discusses http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/183433-drilling-out-holes-atties.html

Yes, that is where the air holes for the atomizer are. But what I wondered about was how does air get to those holes when it is screwed onto the catch cup. It isn't through the nipple, not if the bottle and tube are attached. There must be some grooves, holes or something in the cup. I'm trying to figure out what in the mod is clogged because this atty is not clogged on my eGo batt.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
So I've been giving this some thought. I am wondering perhaps if you were to remove the battery and the atty....then grab the feed tube between your thumb and forefinger as close to the top and gently push up. It may raise the center post up just a smidge. Then put your atty back on and screw it back on...not too tightly. See if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread