Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Yes Gil but you have been schooled . It is partly my fault I should push the issue more . I plan to harp on all the new juice junkies :)

No need to harp on this noob. I keep mine clean as a whistle and treat it like what it is - a life safety device. Yep, if I didn't have this little bad boy pumping me with a steady dose of nicotine, many peoples lives would be in danger.

Shot thru cyberspace with my iGun

Reactions: ENAUD

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
Being a newbie to the REO, I thank you for posting this! I'm a visual learner so actually seeing what you are doing brings the point home clearly. And I'm sure I would have been one of those who mindlessly (although blissfully mindless :D) would have vaped away for several months without doing a blasted thing to it.

Love that accent, Rob! Think I'll go and listen to it again as a matter of fact ... heh heh ....

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Being a newbie to the REO, I thank you for posting this! I'm a visual learner so actually seeing what you are doing brings the point home clearly. And I'm sure I would have been one of those who mindlessly (although blissfully mindless :D) would have vaped away for several months without doing a blasted thing to it.

Love that accent, Rob! Think I'll go and listen to it again as a matter of fact ... heh heh ....

(psst...Penny.... you can call Rob on some pretext or another and talk to him in person to hear his accent! And he is a talker so you'll more than get your fill of his accent!)

Reactions: LoriP1702

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Well Robert sweetie all my work REO's are sparkling and noaloxed! Got out the ultrasonic with a little dishsoap and gave them all a few runs.

They sure look all pretty!

Thank you so much for all you do. Even if sometimes ya gotta get up in our face and tell us to clean our REO's!

You give us the best and we should at least appreciate it enough that we take a little time to maintain them.

I will try and be more diligent with my metal REO's. I seem to not have a problem with the wood ones. Something about waxing and rubbing till they shine I think..............
;)

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I seem to not have a problem with the wood ones. Something about waxing and rubbing till they shine I think..............;)

yepnod.gif

:D

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
"I have had few people send me their mods recently. They're aggravated they paid a lot of money for a mod and its not running like it was when they first got their mod."

I think i may well be one of those people!! However, i have a few questions - the scuffing and noalox ofc i understand. But in the video - you cut the pin in half when removing it and replaced the same firing pin as before.

I see the rebuild kit has spring, bottle, tube, gasket, firing pin, and atomizer connector in it - do i need to renew all those?? how often?

The replacement atomizer pin looked like it just screwed on - why did you cut the first one off rather than unscrew and re-use it?

I don't put it past my ingenuity to ruin anything so i already have spare bottles, the black switches and the protection springs - can i just buy individually new firing pins, new gaskets and new atomizer pins? (that you used wire cutters on!)?

I'm not new to vaping - but i am new to REOS, so i hope my questions are not quite as childish as they may seem. I do like the flat plate on the vv REO - much easier for me ;)

Oh and since i am on the subject - what maintenance is recommended for that - i am thinking that running a vv under the tap to clean it is a bad idea!

T

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
For cleaning VV Grands, just wipe down the outside with a damp soft cloth. You can use a little mild dish soap if it's really grungy. Wring out the cloth really well so no moisture finds it way into the VV electronics behind the delrin cover.

Clean out the reservior and atty connector with a cotton swab damp with isopropyl alcohol or pure grain alcoho. Swab it again with a dry cotton swab. Cotton swaps are also great for cleaning the inside of the VV Grand.

Edit: If you think the feed tube needs to be flushed, a needle tipped bottle or a syringe with a needle can be used to squirt isopropyl alcohol or PGA from the atty connector down the feed tube. I just dribble it into the reservoir and let it trickle down. I don't advise trying to insert a needle into the atty connector. Let it drain into a rag or sink or something and blow some air thru it to get most of it out. Alcohol evaporates pretty fast, so it should dry out soon enough.

Last edited:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
I'm just going to add this - let's consider a situation where you have your pride and joy in your hand (easy boys!!) and say it ran you $150 and you have no clue what you are doing - but you make your own coils in 30 seconds - so how hard can it be?

do you - a) return it to the guy that makes them

b) get the screwdrivers and stuff out and have a bash and then return it to the maker when it becomes obvious you are clueless?

Well - i chose a)! i had previously chosen b) but he fixed that too - lol.

i will add a c) - watch the video. That is my preferred option from now on! My thanks to Red and Mud.

T

Reactions: LoriP1702
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread