Status
Not open for further replies.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Yeah, I have had the whole thing apart minus the 510 connection. Everything has been filed and scrubbed with a brush. It just makes no sense that it will hit perfect for a few mins, then go to not firing at all. I do get a spark at the Battery, but that is it...
Have you tried pushing the tube upwards inside the mod ? sounds like maybe the poss contact may be low. give it a shot any ways

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I need some help. I have one that I can clean and it will work fine, then I use for for a few minutes and it completely stops working again.
I would have to look at that unit to me its not possible for the mod to do what your saying . I have had other customers say the same thing in the past . Don't take it the wrong way I am not saying it is not happening I just cant see how it could be the mod . Are you using a imr battery or a protected battery ? Are you using noalox

Last edited:

Honkey Kong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2012
Scranton, PA USA
Thanks for coming in Rob, and sorry to get you worked up on it. I got it working with a bit of duct tape. Last time I had it apart I must have scraped the rubber insulation on the firing pin a bit. What I still don't get was the intermittent working between the cleanings if it was grounding out.

I use the "Hybrid IMR" Panasonic batteries and daub a bit of Noalox on them along with the firing pin and spring/under spring.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Thanks for coming in Rob, and sorry to get you worked up on it. I got it working with a bit of duct tape. Last time I had it apart I must have scraped the rubber insulation on the firing pin a bit. What I still don't get was the intermittent working between the cleanings if it was grounding out.

I use the "Hybrid IMR" Panasonic batteries and daub a bit of Noalox on them along with the firing pin and spring/under spring.
I am not worked up my friend lol . If your positive contact was grounding out you would have been dropping springs .
The intermittent problems come from the very tip of the contact being dirty . When you say spring under spring do you mean your putting noalox under the spring ?

Honkey Kong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2012
Scranton, PA USA
I really have no clue what I did, wrong or right. Whatever the problem the problem was, it corrected when I took apart and decided to put duct tape over the insulation. It did not collapse a spring, so I guess it was not the scrape on the firing pin insulation where the screw is.
Yes, a small daub with the tip of a toothpick under the spring.

I just figured it may have been the insulation the firing ping pin as I have taken it apart monthly for roughly a year now and the screw touches there giving the springboard effect to the firing pin. Maybe the firing pin was in slightly crooked and touching the wrapping of the battery more than the positive and taking it apart again fixed it? Maybe I even put something back the wrong way? All I know is it works right now.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I really have no clue what I did, wrong or right. Whatever the problem the problem was, it corrected when I took apart and decided to put duct tape over the insulation. It did not collapse a spring, so I guess it was not the scrape on the firing pin insulation where the screw is.

I just figured it may have been the insulation the firing ping pin as I have taken it apart monthly for roughly a year now and the screw touches there giving the springboard effect to the firing pin. Maybe the firing pin was in slightly crooked and touching the wrapping of the battery more than the positive and taking it apart again fixed it? Maybe I even put something back the wrong way? All I know is it works right now.
Well I am glad your back in business . You really dont need to take the unit apart of course its your mod you can . I never take mine apart If I need to clean the unit I flush it with how water

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com

When I Noalox under the spring, I unscrew the spring from the mod and hit the threads. The metal directly beneath the spring's plate is anodized (older Grand) so the only bare metal in play is inside the threads.

randyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2009
Florence SC
I have a mini and recently had a similar problem. It would fire as it should at times and sort of weak or almost not fire at all sometimes. I have a very small magnet that I put on the positive end of my battery. I guess I'm just lengthening the battery to enable more solid contact. How can I remedy this problem? I bought the mini here on the forums in September of last year. It's the only mod I use now and I surely don't want to have to be without it. Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread