Status
Not open for further replies.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I've snipped most of my tubes a little. I just do an angle cut with scissors. Even the couple I cut too short no problem. Just cant get the last little bit of juice. If changing juices just cap up the bottle for next time. Also, if it bothers you too much, if you snip too much, you can get more tubing from REO. (DH cut one Mini tube so much it's about 1/4" too short. It does help that we vape flavors that are close, so refilling with anything doesn't matter. Only issue is you need to refill the 3ml bottle more often.)

Feisty Alice

Last edited:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
You are very lucky Alice - HRH hates anything i vape and vice versa. I'd rather vape old water i'd boiled cigarette butts in, in preference to some of the disgusting stuff she uses - chocolate and expresso coffee etc. The plus side is that at least she makes her own flavours and i just have to replace her coils and make the basic liquid at a strength we both agree upon.

I am not very clever with sharp knives and in fact i have been banned from the kitchen as a result, but rather than trying tube topiary and ending up in the ER - i just make a pinhole right thru the tube as close to the bottom as i can.

T

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
yes it is - usually in a little plastic bag. It's hard to dig out from there but you can get a small tube of it in the electrical section of most hardware stores - Lowes, Home Depot etc - just don't expect anyone to know what you're looking for,; i have always been met with blank looks when i asked.

It's made by ideal industries and i ended up buying some from Amazon.

T

technicianx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Paducah, Kentucky
yes it is - usually in a little plastic bag. It's hard to dig out from there but you can get a small tube of it in the electrical section of most hardware stores - Lowes, Home Depot etc - just don't expect anyone to know what you're looking for,; i have always been met with blank looks when i asked.

It's made by ideal industries and i ended up buying some from Amazon.

T

Cool beans.. I haven't had a issue yet, but I'm glad to know what that is...:D Thanks for the help supertrunker. I might try it just to see if the performance changes.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
What it will do is stop the very tip of your firing pin from oxidising so fast and (i like to do this in a dark room, like so many things) when your battery makes little sparks when the firing pin hits it - it's time to file that tip and noalox it - just a blob on the very tip is fine.

mechanical mod maintenance - YouTube

Like this - i do this about once a month, but then i thrash my poor old reo every day with little mercy or mechanical sympathy!

T

Mikey-Mike

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
australia
Hey guys!

I been having a problem with my Reo Grand. I rebuilt it after it shorted and compressed the gasket. I rebuilt it and it was working great. Now all of a sudden, its not. I had two springs compress on me (im on my last one) and i have no idea why!?
I have two Reos (white and black) and i tested the exact same setup on the other one (white reo) and it was working no worries! then i put it back on the black reo, killed the spring. Ok...so i used a kick. On the white Reo, was reading what i set it at (9 watts) while on the black one it was reading between 5-6 watts. There was a massive drop.
Ok so i went and tested it unregulated with a 2ohm atty. was some what consistent 6.3 watts on the white one and 6.2 on the black one (battery was not fully charged)
ok so it was consistent again. slapped my RBA back on there (using an ERA with a 1.1 ohm atty) and boom, spring compressed again. Second spring dead on the black Reo. Put it back on the white one to test, no problems!
With the third and final spring i have i have left the Black Reo on the side and continued to use the white one.

Help please! i have checked for shorts in my RBA, nothing. No shorts. Fires on the other Reo, tests fine on the provari. It either loses power when with a kick or it just compresses the spring with an 18650.

I keep my mods in pretty good and clean condition. I rebuilt my Black Reo a few months ago, but it has been sitting there with not much use until about 2 weeks ago. Started using it again and worked great, now its just not performing.

Thanks
M

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Hey guys!

I been having a problem with my Reo Grand. I rebuilt it after it shorted and compressed the gasket. I rebuilt it and it was working great. Now all of a sudden, its not. I had two springs compress on me (im on my last one) and i have no idea why!?
I have two Reos (white and black) and i tested the exact same setup on the other one (white reo) and it was working no worries! then i put it back on the black reo, killed the spring. Ok...so i used a kick. On the white Reo, was reading what i set it at (9 watts) while on the black one it was reading between 5-6 watts. There was a massive drop.
Ok so i went and tested it unregulated with a 2ohm atty. was some what consistent 6.3 watts on the white one and 6.2 on the black one (battery was not fully charged)
ok so it was consistent again. slapped my RBA back on there (using an ERA with a 1.1 ohm atty) and boom, spring compressed again. Second spring dead on the black Reo. Put it back on the white one to test, no problems!
With the third and final spring i have i have left the Black Reo on the side and continued to use the white one.

Help please! i have checked for shorts in my RBA, nothing. No shorts. Fires on the other Reo, tests fine on the provari. It either loses power when with a kick or it just compresses the spring with an 18650.

I keep my mods in pretty good and clean condition. I rebuilt my Black Reo a few months ago, but it has been sitting there with not much use until about 2 weeks ago. Started using it again and worked great, now its just not performing.

Thanks
M
Please send the mod to me I will repair it and send it back asap. Please put
a note with your email address and a brief description of the problem .Also
empty any e juice in the mod and remove the bottle .

Reos Mods LLC
120 Ida Jim Rd
Alfred Me 04002

Mikey-Mike

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
australia
Please send the mod to me I will repair it and send it back asap. Please put
a note with your email address and a brief description of the problem .Also
empty any e juice in the mod and remove the bottle .

Reos Mods LLC
120 Ida Jim Rd
Alfred Me 04002

Hey Rob,

I just cleaned it with some deoxit (another variation of nolox). It seems to have fixed it mostly, but i am not confident on using it.
I did read through some of the thread, when i pressed the button down, i did see a spark (maybe that was causing the short?). So i cleaned the contacts with some deoxit, seems to have rectified the power drop. But i am not very confident in the device.

Probably would be best if i sent it back maybe? and also ordered some more spares. I have gone through them all now.

Also, i am in Australia, so postage is not too cheap and takes forever! So i want to try everything before i send it back.

At this moment, i have it working again and working well. I do not know if it will short again, but it might have been due to a build up on the firing pin section. It sparked a lot when i pressed the button down. Thoughts?

Thank you again! And if its recommended I send it back, I will :) want this beast working again :)

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
ps thanks for the fast reply Rob
If your shorting the mod there is a problem . I think its best that I open it up and replace the gaskets . I think if you use standard mail you can ship the unit for under $10

I have to ask is your era a version 1 . There was a problem with the early era with the center post being to long

Mikey-Mike

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
australia
If your shorting the mod there is a problem . I think its best that I open it up and replace the gaskets . I think if you use standard mail you can ship the unit for under $10

I have to ask is your era a version 1 . There was a problem with the early era with the center post being to long

Its a Version 1.5 I made sure of it because i read the problems with the V1 and the post being too long. I had that issue first time around and killed the gasket.
I also tested it with a normal atty too. The weird thing was the ERA shorted on the black reo (3 freaking times!) and collapsed the spring, while on the white Reo it was fine. (black one is older and white one is newer).

Also, noticed when i fired it before cleaning i got a lot of sparks from the fire pin, not so much now i have cleaned it with deoxit. Performance is back but i am a little scared to use it. Would oxidization cause shorts?

I'll pop it in the mail tomorrow. I checked shipping and its just under $20. Would you prefer sign on delivery or tracking? To have both its like $65!!!!!

Last edited:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Its a Version 1.5 I made sure of it because i read the problems with the V1 and the post being too long. I had that issue first time around and killed the gasket.
I also tested it with a normal atty too. The weird thing was the ERA shorted on the black reo (3 freaking times!) and collapsed the spring, while on the white Reo it was fine. (black one is older and white one is newer).

Also, noticed when i fired it before cleaning i got a lot of sparks from the fire pin, not so much now i have cleaned it with deoxit. Performance is back but i am a little scared to use it. Would oxidization cause shorts?

I'll pop it in the mail tomorrow. I checked shipping and its just under $20. Would you prefer sign on delivery or tracking? To have both its like $65!!!!!
Send it as cheap as you can no need for signature I live smack dab in the middle of a forest no thieves well racoons but they dont count there not into vape gear .

No a dirty mod wont cause a short it will cause a little arching at the positive contact but nothing to worry about . I will look the mod over and let you no what I find

Mikey-Mike

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
australia
Send it as cheap as you can no need for signature I live smack dab in the middle of a forest no thieves well racoons but they dont count there not into vape gear .

No a dirty mod wont cause a short it will cause a little arching at the positive contact but nothing to worry about . I will look the mod over and let you no what I find

Sweet thanks Rob! your a champ!

Eatenback2life

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
Sugar Grove, IL
Hi Rob,
Earlier in this thread, you had mentioned testing the load before and after cleaning. Would it be possible for you to tell me your process for doing that?

I have an inline voltage meter (looks like a big fat see through carto w/red LED lights) as well as a multimeter. Just curious how the master does it so I can copy shamelessly :evil:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Hi Rob,
Earlier in this thread, you had mentioned testing the load before and after cleaning. Would it be possible for you to tell me your process for doing that?

I have an inline voltage meter (looks like a big fat see through carto w/red LED lights) as well as a multimeter. Just curious how the master does it so I can copy shamelessly :evil:
Your inline meter will do the job . Test it before and after you should see some improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread