Ridiculous bashing at suppliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theminicig

Moved On
Jun 11, 2008
Hello everyone at ECF

I would like to share my frustrations with a forum member who's been constantly stating false statements about me. His forum ID is belevitt

Here are some of his posts:

"I purchased the v3 minicigarette from this company and I can't urge people strongly enough to stay away from this company. The product was defective out of the box and the customer support was pitiful. One of the two atomizers broke within a week and the batteries are only good for a single use before requiring charging. This company is dishonest and sells awful products. If you like not being cheated, do not give your money to this company."

"This company is dishonest and will sell you an awful product. I purchased the v3 mini cigarette from them less than a week ago and it is already broken. Their customer service suggested that I buy their more expensive product because the smaller one is "only for aesthetic purposes". This company will scam you."

First of all, the inability to respond to certain threads due to being a "supplier" seems rather unfair. I totally understand that such system has been implemented to prevent suppliers from posting biased opinions about their own product. However, when it comes to comments like above, I feel helpless that I cannot even respond to defend myself.

This forum member states that the products were defective out of the box, while one of the two atomizers broke within a week. Defective out of of box and atomizer breaking in a week are totally opposite statements. They do not go together. A broken atomizer does not mean that I am dishonest and my products are awful.

The forum member contacted me through my website. I have sent out a replacement atomizer upon receiving his complaint. I did not even ask him to return the non-working atomizer. Please tell me suppliers, if this a dishonest customer service?

The forum member contacted me once again stating that his other atomizer was not working. And this point, I suspected something wrong and I asked him to return the non-working atomizer, before I send out a replacement.

Did he return the non-working atomizer? No, instead he posted this here:

"They are offering to replace it provided I spend the 30.00 in shipping to get the piece of crap back to China. I would like to remind people to employ common sense and not buy a product directly from individuals whose grasp of English is tenuous at best. It is their ridiculous claims that will get these wonderful contraptions banned in the US."

Isn't sending back the non-working parts for a replacement a normal procedure? What if you purchased an mp3 player at a local BestBuy but it was defective? Wouldn't you return the non-working product before receiving a replacement? The same rules apply for online stores.

And it doesn't cost $30 to send a single atomizer to China. Ridiculous claims to get these wonderful contraptions banned in the US? There isn't a single health claim on my website. So what is all this non-sense?

I still remember this forum back in the days, when old members such SmokeyJoe, Leaford, and Kate participated a lot and lead the forum. It was a peaceful and a friendly community. Now I see that everyone is bashing at each other and calling suppliers scammers. I fear that this forum has grown to big and is now out of control.

For all other suppliers who are doing their jobs properly, please do not get offended by immature forum members that write biased, and dishonest things about you and your products. I can't blame the nature of an internet community, but it is very discouraging that that the forum lost it's old presence.

Last edited:

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
While I understand your frustration, blaming it on the size of the forum is a bit of a stretch. Some people like to complain and is part and parcel of being in business. Do your best to resolve the issue and if the customer is not reasonable, then write it off. Over time, assuming good product and support, the bulk of the comments will be positive and the complainer will be noted as just that..a complainer.

The only alternative would be to censor bad comments which would render the forums completely worthless.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
You need to take the good with the bad - some people aren't happy unless they're complaining about something.

Take into account, too, that we are all addicts in the throes of switching from cigs to PV's....an easy journey for some (me included) a tortuous trial for others....

I don't excuse such bad behaviour, not by a long shot, but flaming angry threads where each of the antagonists take potshots at each other do no good. The best way to diffuse such a situation: I'm sorry.... The two most important words in any language.

Your business is based on consumers who have lots of options, but so is everyone else's. Continue to please the customers you have, let some customers be pleased by someone else, please the new customers who haven't been pleased by someone else, and just roll with the punches. There are enough customers out there to satisfy everyone (and your customer base is growing daily.....)

There........life lesson done for the day. The sermon is over. Back to having fun on the forum, AMEN.

Last edited:

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Hello everyone at ECF

I would like to share my frustrations with a forum member who's been constantly stating false statements about me. His forum ID is belevitt

Here are some of his posts:

"I purchased the v3 minicigarette from this company and I can't urge people strongly enough to stay away from this company. The product was defective out of the box and the customer support was pitiful. One of the two atomizers broke within a week and the batteries are only good for a single use before requiring charging. This company is dishonest and sells awful products. If you like not being cheated, do not give your money to this company."

"This company is dishonest and will sell you an awful product. I purchased the v3 mini cigarette from them less than a week ago and it is already broken. Their customer service suggested that I buy their more expensive product because the smaller one is "only for aesthetic purposes". This company will scam you."

First of all, the inability to respond to certain threads due to being a "supplier" seems rather unfair. I totally understand that such system has been implemented to prevent suppliers from posting biased opinions about their own product. However, when it comes to comments like above, I feel helpless that I cannot even respond to defend myself.

This forum member states that the products were defective out of the box, while one of the two atomizers broke within a week. Defective out of of box and atomizer breaking in a week are totally opposite statements. They do not go together. A broken atomizer does not mean that I am dishonest and my products are awful.

The forum member contacted me through my website. I have sent out a replacement atomizer upon receiving his complaint. I did not even ask him to return the non-working atomizer. Please tell me suppliers, if this a dishonest customer service?

The forum member contacted me once again stating that his other atomizer was not working. And this point, I suspected something wrong and I asked him to return the non-working atomizer, before I send out a replacement.

Did he return the non-working atomizer? No, instead he posted this here:

"They are offering to replace it provided I spend the 30.00 in shipping to get the piece of crap back to China. I would like to remind people to employ common sense and not buy a product directly from individuals whose grasp of English is tenuous at best. It is their ridiculous claims that will get these wonderful contraptions banned in the US."

Isn't sending back the non-working parts for a replacement a normal procedure? What if you purchased an mp3 player at a local BestBuy but it was defective? Wouldn't you return the non-working product before receiving a replacement? The same rules apply for online stores.

And it doesn't cost $30 to send a single atomizer to China. Ridiculous claims to get these wonderful contraptions banned in the US? There isn't a single health claim on my website. So what is all this non-sense?

I still remember this forum back in the days, when old members such SmokeyJoe, Leaford, and Kate participated a lot and lead the forum. It was a peaceful and a friendly community. Now I see that everyone is bashing at each other and calling suppliers scammers. I fear that this forum has grown to big and is now out of control.

For all other suppliers who are doing their jobs properly, please do not get offended by immature forum members that write biased, and dishonest things about you and your products. I can't blame the nature of an internet community, but it is very discouraging that that the forum lost it's old presence.

Morning I have been a member since March although I have watch and read the forum for many months, prior to joining. I have never been apart of any group, except back in the day when I was in NA. However, I have seen this forum change just since March and expecilly since end of last year

I am disappointed for all memebers when I read the constant bashing and anger and almost HATRED, They hate with such passion, over a 5 dollar product, that actually cost 5 cents to produce,

They think by sounding off it will make the suppliers responsed quicker and with some perks, When PS was going thru their move and having some challenges, the constant slamming and yelling and, and, and
got so out of control, it was sad.
Especially when it was coming from members that had 3 posts and have been vaping for 6 minutes. They for the most past are kids with no real understanding of business, nor life for that matter

I considered a handful of times to just leave, but I kinda like the support I get from the posts, I need all the support possible due to the fact I am a junkie and I am a sick junkie. So I find this theraputic

I would love to see the days come back when this forum was what it once was I am sure you and others have noticed all of the original players
are long long gone, They we chased away by the stupid, young inmature bashers that have hurt and will eventually destroy this great site

So, I appreciate your frustration, but you are a good and relaible supplier and this shall pass

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
This must be frustrating for you theminicig, however Vicks said it very well. The only thing I would add is, if your intentions are good, so will be your outcome most times...I happen to know that there are screenames on this site that were created specifically for defaming suppliers and boosting thier own sales... However the majority of our members are good intentioned well educated and not easily manipulated, more than a couple of times anyway..We are also great spenders, and will come back and REPURCHASE from fair suppliers...Your integrity will shine through...I have seen suppliers on this forum get smashed with critisism and just try thier best to correct it...They still sell out every time they anounce thier products are available, because they tired to do the right thing , and people noticed... I personally would rather purchase my products from someone who is EXPERINCED at correcting mistakes, rather than someone who claims to be perfect...BOTTOM LINE...Do the next right thing and good things will happen to you and your buisiness...

Letzin Hale

Moved On
Dec 28, 2008
The lack of a 'right to reply' for suppliers is precisely the reason that I ceased trading on Ebay after 6 years. Buyers could leave negative feedback but sellers could not, bloody ridiculous, especially when a seller's reputation could be fraudulently damaged by a number of bogus buyers leaving bad feedback.
Accusations of dishonesty should be removed unless there is substantial documented evidence to support them - I thought we had already been through this with potentially libelous comments and one of our members being banned. So, has belevitt been banned for this?
Alan.

Last edited:

KatyS

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Hi Mini, sorry to hear your problems, but we suppliers all have these problems. My customers are the Great, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. My Great and Good far outweigh my Bad and Ugly. Like Drew's said just to the right thing, which it appears you are. I also replace parts immediately with a return stamped envelope enclosed. If there appears to be abuse or failure to return product in my envelope, then the faulty part must be returned first to be replaced. That is reasonable. If the customer is too demanding I suggest they find a new supplier, because I can't meet their needs. Hang in there.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
... Accusations of dishonesty should be removed unless there is substantial documented evidence to support them - I thought we had already been through this with potentially libelous comments and one of our members being banned. So, has belevitt been banned for this?
Alan.

I wasn't banned for lack of evidence, there is proof of the confidence trick I talked about.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
yes, praise when praise is deserved. Complain when you need to complain. And admit when you are wrong and apologize. I think people need to resolve their issues in a business standpoint, rather display negative word of mouth, then say oops, i'm sorry.

This is where the anonymous nature of the internet is a curse. People say things here that they would not have the guts to say if they were looking someone in the eye..........

J W in Texas

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2009
Arlington, TX
Some valid points here if you want to ignore the fact that, even though it is rare and sometimes difficult to believe, a supplier can be disengenuous here-n-there. This isn't all black and white. There are grey areas also...promises made but not kept, posing as non-suppliers to review the great new product, smart*ss degrading comments about forum members here who have tried every option to correct the problem before a public post, etc. just to name a few. Suppliers are not always innocent by default. Even if only 90% are good they will reap the benefits.

So pardon me when I don't immediately shed a tear for our poor mistreated suppliers(snark). The good ones get plenty of praise on this forum but the bad one or two should not have to suffer a bad word directed their way?! Gimme a break!!

Jess

Mar 26, 2009
Is there a specific place for retailer reviews? Maybe there should be... I know I've been trying a few of them here and there (so far Ive spent over $500 in my starter kit, replacement parts and juice)but could really use some guidance as Ive only been vaping for about 3 months. I feel like Ive had both positive AND negative experiences and maybe they could help the next person. I know I could benefit from hearing of others' experiences in a dedicated space..

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
Some valid points here if you want to ignore the fact that, even though it is rare and sometimes difficult to believe, a supplier can be disengenuous here-n-there. This isn't all black and white. There are grey areas also...promises made but not kept, posing as non-suppliers to review the great new product, smart*ss degrading comments about forum members here who have tried every option to correct the problem before a public post, etc. just to name a few. Suppliers are not always innocent by default. Even if only 90% are good they will reap the benefits.

So pardon me when I don't immediately shed a tear for our poor mistreated suppliers(snark). The good ones get plenty of praise on this forum but the bad one or two should not have to suffer a bad word directed their way?! Gimme a break!!

The nail has been hit square on the head by JW. We all really need to get over ourselves.:D

kylewinther

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
This is where the anonymous nature of the internet is a curse. People say things here that they would not have the guts to say if they were looking someone in the eye..........

I tell this to all my customers over the phone and via the internet. I thank them for their compliments, and when they have something negative to say, I try and resolve the issue and fix it for them.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
I tell this to all my customers over the phone and via the internet. I thank them for their compliments, and when they have something negative to say, I try and resolve the issue and fix it for them.

My point was the way in which some people voice their complaints. Lots of times I have seen vendors called liar, cheat, etc as the first salvo rather than trying the "catch more flies with honey" approach. Heck it even happens in real life. So of the stuff I hear on the phone, versus what they say when we are face to face. It also works the other way as well. I have seen many stores/vendors show total indifference, UNTIL you are in their place of business talking to them on eon one and then there is a miraculous attitude change.............

Obviously not every customer or vendor falls into this category, but an awful lot do........

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
I bought juice from a vendor that said they were getting a bad rap here. I thought that sounded like someone that really cared about coustomer service. Boy was I wrong. I wasted a lot of money on watered down flavored liquid that was suposed to be 36. You just can't please everyone but cream rises to the top.

kylewinther

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
yes, if we had a retail location, I would stress the customer satisfaction and service to all employees. You piss off one person in a town, and a day later everyone will know you nad you will have a bad rap. You give the customer what they want, replace it, etc. lose $15-$25 of product, but they will go and tell 10 people about how great you are, and out those 10 people you are bound to get one more customer. And that one customer will tell 10 people and the cycle continues. That is my philosophy and I stand by it. I dont mind sending a customer an entire new kit, or some replacement parts, as long as they are HAPPY! Because I know the powerful effect that positive word of mouth has on society and business relations!
Just what I believe in, and what I practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread