Reporter Takes a Cheap Shot at Suppliers of E-Cigs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejfan1977

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Kingston, Washington
First... Kit, I thought your article was very good. I did not read it as pro njoy, but as the njoy company was the company that was talking to you. I found it to be a positive boost for the e-cig community. I especially liked that you had a smoker try it out and share "his" experiences with you. I felt it added credibility to your article. Good job!

Second... My e-cig of choice is the njoy pen style. I chose it because of the exact reasons listed earlier in this thread. American company, 30 day guarantee / 1 year warranty, 1-800 customer service #, and... the BBB association. They have given me A-1 customer service. I just can not find anything to complain about. Not even the price.

I know everybody has their preferences and I respect everybody's choices, that is why I really enjoy (no pun) this forum. It is very educational and I think we have a very strong and informed group of people here.

Now I am not trying to get all mushy and stuff... but from what I am seeing, we are a sensitive group as well. I mean really, we have gone through hell as smokers, being degraded, treated like second class citizens, we are subjected to name calling by anti-smokers who think we are "weak". So I understand we want to defend this technology and not allow our rights to be taken away again. I can understand the fear of Big Pharma, Government and the anti-smokers treading all over this and ruining it for all of us. But we are a force! I will be damned if someone starts in my face about my e-cig! Okay, okay... I am getting a little worked up (breath deep, take a puff, happy place found, ahhhhhh!)

Anyway, I should get some sleep. Everybody have a good night!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Kit, I am wondering if any mainstream tobacco companies are researching electronic cigarettes? You would think that this could be a big "win" for them since their industry is getting smaller and they have such a bad reputation. Plus tobacco companies should have the research, knowledge, experience and money to improve this product and market it effectively. Of course, if the e-cig becomes associated with big tobacco it could get the "quit or die" fanatics all bent out of shape. Back to the "Catch 22". Have you made any contact with the mainstream tobacco companies?

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Kit, Kate's suggestion is excellent. You can accomplish much with private messages to forum members. Ludo is No. 1 -- responsible for the best product period, in my opinion. He's active, articulate and informed. Cashmere is an excellent source of information from a seller's viewpoint. Then go to Johnson Creek Smoke Juice, made in the U.S. and on the cutting edge of labeling issues. Same for Pillbox38 of Europe; he had to go through hell with British officials over the "poison" in his e-liquid. Those are the Big Four you can use for factual information.

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
Is is really such a bad thing that most of the e-cigs on the market are from a handful of factories and simply sold as generics or rebranded (with some made to seller's specs)? From the article, it comes across as most ecig sellers are selling in back alleys and are selling items made in some group of filthy, rodent-filled, factories in a third world country. That's simply not the case. And, it's very common for all items of the same product type to be from one of a handful of factories. For example, nearly all tvs and monitors are made in one of three overseas factories.

While the article does give ecigs a good overall rating at the end, the main part of the article comes across as a huge slam against anyone that's not nJoy.

but they either have purchased factory space or something similar, however in summary, they have US oversight in the Chinese factory. The paint on the battery bears their brand mark, but beyond that, it's identical in physical specifications to a DSE103.
I dont know for sure (what with not being a part of nJoy), but I would guess that they have simply contracted with one of the factories for branded parts and kits and items made to their specs and simply have a rep that spends time in China making sure things are made to their specs. (that's entirely speculation on my part, but IMHO it would make more sense for a company to go that route than to purchase factory space). Point it, the "they either have purchased factory space or something similar" appears to me to be pure conjecture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread