Research Isn't Cutting It...

Status
Not open for further replies.

audio

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Nebraska
Hello guys,

I have purchased a Firelight Micro which I believe runs on an M-402 or M-401 battery. It works okay, but its nothing compared to actually smoking. If anything, its making my desire for a cigarette worse.

I have a couple of questions for you Ciele: How long were you smoking cigarettes before you came to the realization that you couldn't get by without them? A couple of days? A couple of weeks? A couple of months?

I have some bad news. vaping is a substitute for smoking, not a replacement. Nicotine releases dopamine in your brain, which makes you "feel good." Monoamine oxidase (MAO) metabolizes the nicotine, so the "feel good" doesn't last very long. Cigarette companies have a solution to make cigarettes more addictive. They add a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) to their cigarettes to prevent metabolism of nicotine so the "feel good" lasts longer. E-cigs only provide nicotine and vapor to simulate smoking, but nothing is "better" than smoking.

Why don't you just substitute your addiction with e-cigs when it's convenient or necessary? That's all I've done. I've cut way back on cigarettes since I started vaping. Isn't that worth something? Do you think that e-cigs will only be a success if you quit smoking cold turkey? Why not just put your cigarettes in the car so they'll be less accessible/less convenient? I've been smoking for 28 years. If it takes 5 years to quit, that's better than not even trying.

Don't count the cigarettes that you smoke, count the cigarettes you don't smoke. Don't assume that e-cigs have failed you because you've only cut back smoking by half. Assume that you'll someday come across the apparatus and juice flavors that you much prefer over cigarettes, and go with the flow. Don't beat yourself up!

Ac1andy

Jul 25, 2010
Uk
Hi,
I have been using a Joye510 after a friend recommended it to me,
I bought the starter kit and over the first two weeks I've built a collection of 5 different flavour e-liquids all at 18mg strength.
I kind of agree that the 510 takes a week or so to fully get used to and I feel now that i am getting a good vape from it.
Well, until I read about modding and decided to try out a higher voltage vape.
With a bit of careful soldering a micro switch and an old USB cable I have made up a simple battery replacement mod that plugs into the charger that came with my iPad.
The iPad charger gives out 5v at 2.1ma and gives a fantastic vape compared to the Battery's 3.7v, it's so nice..... i am keen to start research now on how to make a 5v battery mod to achieve the same vape experience for when I am out and about.

I can highly recommend a podcast called "vapercast"
I've been listeneing to them starting from the first episode and the guys have really inspired me that modding is the way to go to get the vape your after.

Stick with it, you will find a way to make it work for you.

Ciele Edward

Jul 25, 2010
Georgia
I have a couple of questions for you Ciele: How long were you smoking cigarettes before you came to the realization that you couldn't get by without them? A couple of days? A couple of weeks? A couple of months?

I have some bad news. Vaping is a substitute for smoking, not a replacement. Nicotine releases dopamine in your brain, which makes you "feel good." Monoamine oxidase (MAO) metabolizes the nicotine, so the "feel good" doesn't last very long. Cigarette companies have a solution to make cigarettes more addictive. They add a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) to their cigarettes to prevent metabolism of nicotine so the "feel good" lasts longer. E-cigs only provide nicotine and vapor to simulate smoking, but nothing is "better" than smoking.

Why don't you just substitute your addiction with e-cigs when it's convenient or necessary? That's all I've done. I've cut way back on cigarettes since I started vaping. Isn't that worth something? Do you think that e-cigs will only be a success if you quit smoking cold turkey? Why not just put your cigarettes in the car so they'll be less accessible/less convenient? I've been smoking for 28 years. If it takes 5 years to quit, that's better than not even trying.

Don't count the cigarettes that you smoke, count the cigarettes you don't smoke. Don't assume that e-cigs have failed you because you've only cut back smoking by half. Assume that you'll someday come across the apparatus and juice flavors that you much prefer over cigarettes, and go with the flow. Don't beat yourself up!

I think you misunderstand me. I already quit smoking cold turkey before I even ordered the e-cig. I bought the e-cig because I missed the smoke, NOT the nicotine. I have no intentions of going back to regular cigarettes. I don't want the chest pain, the shortness of breath, the stink...I'm done with that for good.

All I'm looking for is something that simulates the smoke action enough to satisfy the psychological habit of smoking – not the physical habit. If it doesn't exist, it doesn't exist, but if it does it would sure be nice to find.

audio

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Nebraska
Hello guys,

My concern is not solely throat hit, but lung hit as well. When I inhale from a cigarette, warm smoke fills my mouth. I then breathe the smoke into my lungs and can feel the warmth in my chest. Then I exhale. When I smoke an e-cig I have to suck like crazy just to get some warm vapor into my mouth and when I go to inhale it...nothing. No warmth, no vapor in my lungs..NOTHING.

Got it Ciele. "When I inhale from a cigarette, warm smoke fills my mouth." I don't know how to replicate this because it's not that important to me, but some of the box mods might help. "I then breathe the smoke into my lungs and can feel the warmth in my chest."

Personally, I'm more about replacing the nicotine addiction with something safer than cigarettes. I haven't really considered "warm" or "warmth in my chest." There seem to be many in this forum who advocate "low resistance (LR) attys (more vape and throat hit?). That might be something worth looking in to.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Got it Ciele. "When I inhale from a cigarette, warm smoke fills my mouth." I don't know how to replicate this because it's not that important to me, but some of the box mods might help. "I then breathe the smoke into my lungs and can feel the warmth in my chest."

Personally, I'm more about replacing the nicotine addiction with something safer than cigarettes. I haven't really considered "warm" or "warmth in my chest." There seem to be many in this forum who advocate "low resistance (LR) attys (more vape and throat hit?). That might be something worth looking in to.

the LR will give you wamth and more vapor...it isnt going to add throat hit to low or non nicotine juice...or mostly VG juice...TH comes from higher nic, more PG, or adding something like alcohol (like vodka or PGA) to the juice..

EDIT: it's easier to see when expressed as wattage... because wattage is a measurement of the heat put off by the atty...

so you got a LR atty at 3.7V.......................thats 9.13W
then a LR atty on a 510 battery like an eGo...that's 6.41W
LR carto on a 3.7V battery.........................that's 5.48W
standard KR808 carto at 3.7V.....................that's 4.56W
turbo cartomizer on a 3.7V battery..............4.42W
stock joye 510 on stock 510 battery............4.18W
and it keeps dropping from there......

when people talk about a 5V vaping sweet spot they're really talking about wattage and that sweet spot being between 7-10W.... because when people were first playing with HV at a regulated 5V an 801 was at 7.14W and the 510 at 10.87W...

that's why they say that LR atties are "simulated" HV vaping...you get a wattage square in the middle of that wattage field without having to go to HV power sources..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread