[Resolved] Halo printed my shipping label and sat on my package for 3 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Lion54

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2013
Louisiana, USA
I placed an order late Monday and got my tracking number Tuesday. It's "Priority Mail 2-Day™," directly from USPS. Status as of right now is "Electronic Shipping Info Received."

I usually get my orders from Halo in two days. Sometimes it will take three. If I do get it tomorrow, then I guess USPS's "better" priority mail tracking is the same as always. Maybe they forgot to tell their employees?

I can only go by my past experience and it tells me to disregard what USPS list as the status of my orders. My past experience also tells me that Halo ships orders the day they send you the tracking number. Is it possible that they got bogged down a bit and didn't ship as promptly as usual? Sure. I can't say that's not the case, but all my dealings with USPS, Halo, and other vendors (not just e-cigs) lead me to believe it's an issue with USPS and not Halo.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
I disagree, I think that they packed up and lost my order before it ever got to the post office and now they are saying that it is the post office fault. We'll see what happens and you will hear when I do or do not get my order.
Is this your first order?

You've expressed your dissatisfaction in several threads already; I'm sure we'll all hear from you again. I'm not sure I'll read it.

I got my last order in 3 days, as usual. It was my 4th order, and my experience has been flawlessly consistent. Each 30 mL bottle is wrapped individually in bubble wrap, and the package has 2 cards in it, one of which is the handling notice for the e-juice, and of course, an invoice. I even got the new flavor sample, and it's delicious; it'll be part of my next order.

Last edited:

Newbie 101

Aug 9, 2013
NJ
Hello. Total newbie here. This forum is a great resource! I live in NJ. Same state as Halo. Ordered Monday, got an email on Tuesday saying my order shipped. Today (Friday) I called USPS directly because their web tracking is pretty useless. I was told by USPS that they don't even have the package yet! I sent an email to Halo CS four hours ago to see what's up, but no reply yet. I think it's ridiculous to not even have ANY phone support. I'm a first time customer with them and we're not off to a good start.
I remember the first time I ordered from Zappos (shoes), and they upgraded my shipping to next day. Very impressive and made me a repeat customer!
I understand that crap happens sometimes, but how your company is set up to handle things when they do, defines a company. And I find Halo lacking. Sorry for the rant!
Peace.

footbag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
NEPA
I disagree, I think that they packed up and lost my order before it ever got to the post office and now they are saying that it is the post office fault. We'll see what happens and you will hear when I do or do not get my order.

Charlz, I was under the same impression as you. Based on the tracking I saw, it appeared they sat on the package for a few days. While it did show up 2 days late, I'm now believing that USPS, in fact, caused the problem with Halo's shipments made on that Monday. My Priority Mail package went to Michigan and then came back. Upon receipt, I checked the package and there was no damage to the label or barcode. After going to Michigan without a scan, it passed every scan coming back.

I was nervous when I saw a few people with the same issue on the same day. This time, I have to give Halo the benefit of the doubt.

Like I said before, I've had very good luck with USPS. I even had good luck with tracking before the changes. Honestly, I've never had a Priority Mail package take a trip like that. Smartpost and FedEx, yes. Priority Mail, no. UPS arrives on time, but may be broken. Then again, now that priority mail is 1-day local, I have no use for UPS unless it's a large package.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I will start by saying that I am a huge fan of halo juice. I have likely vaped more halo than all other juices combined. However, this time they have left me with a real 'burnt juice' taste in my mouth. I placed a $60+ order monday evening. I was sent an email saying that my package had shipped less than 24 hours later. Three days later on Thursday, I checked me tracking only to find out that they had still not shipped it. It ended up being accepted by the post office late in the day on thursday. Their idea of "shipping" my package is to print a shipping label and sit on my package for 3 days. I am not that mad about the wait (though it does really sucks) I just don't being lied to and sitting here thinking that it is probably almost to my doorstep only to find out that it has not even shipped.

Expedient processing and shipping is one of the things that I have really liked about Halo in the past. I am not so sure anymore. I guess they can just no longer be my go to vendor when I want juice quickly. If I want to pay the premium for premium juice and don't mind waiting the better part of a week for it to ship, I might as well order from ...........

You have to admit that it is Kinda Funny to read a Complaint Post from someone with a User Name like yours.

:)

boxcarmike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Henderson,NV
Charlz, I was under the same impression as you. Based on the tracking I saw, it appeared they sat on the package for a few days. While it did show up 2 days late, I'm now believing that USPS, in fact, caused the problem with Halo's shipments made on that Monday. My Priority Mail package went to Michigan and then came back. Upon receipt, I checked the package and there was no damage to the label or barcode. After going to Michigan without a scan, it passed every scan coming back.

I was nervous when I saw a few people with the same issue on the same day. This time, I have to give Halo the benefit of the doubt.

Like I said before, I've had very good luck with USPS. I even had good luck with tracking before the changes. Honestly, I've never had a Priority Mail package take a trip like that. Smartpost and FedEx, yes. Priority Mail, no. UPS arrives on time, but may be broken. Then again, now that priority mail is 1-day local, I have no use for UPS unless it's a large package.
Looks like someone in the Pompton Plains PO went 'postal' on that Monday:laugh: I mentioned a while back that I had a wayward package from that PO a while ago, but, didn't give details cause of the ongoing uproar at the time. The P.P. PO, without scanning, sent my package (bound for Vegas) to a small town on Long Island,NY that I lived in over 35 years ago! :ohmy::evil: That was a real Twilight Zone moment, to make it even more weird, the LI PO marked it 'out for delivery' :mail: Always wondered if they tried to deliver it to my old house. Like yours, it eventually showed up:toast:

Newbie 101

Aug 9, 2013
NJ
Hello. Total newbie here. This forum is a great resource! I live in NJ. Same state as Halo. Ordered Monday, got an email on Tuesday saying my order shipped. Today (Friday) I called USPS directly because their web tracking is pretty useless. I was told by USPS that they don't even have the package yet! I sent an email to Halo CS four hours ago to see what's up, but no reply yet. I think it's ridiculous to not even have ANY phone support. I'm a first time customer with them and we're not off to a good start.
I remember the first time I ordered from Zappos (shoes), and they upgraded my shipping to next day. Very impressive and made me a repeat customer!
I understand that crap happens sometimes, but how your company is set up to handle things when they do, defines a company. And I find Halo lacking. Sorry for the rant!
Peace.
Update: Almost 24 hrs and still no reply from customer support except for the auto reply saying that someone would contact me asap... :evil: I'm now out of juice and had to buy a pack of analogs. Thanks Halo!

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Update: Almost 24 hrs and still no reply from customer support except for the auto reply saying that someone would contact me asap... :evil: I'm now out of juice and had to buy a pack of analogs. Thanks Halo!

Not to come off as a jerk, but no one put a gun to your head to buy the Nails... you made that choice, not Halo. They've been super busy I'd wager with the vegas thing this week, and it seems that only so many people here realize that these sorts of things happen, especially with popular boutique brands. Think this is bad, try getting a bottle of Boba's.

I believe the old adage about putting your eggs in one basket comes through here... while I really love the Halo liquids, I make sure I have other stuff around. Plan ahead a little maybe? My last package took a bit more than I expected it to before it arrived, but I wasn't anywhere near the levels of buying a pack of Nails.

I'm sorry, but I'm seeing more and more of this "my package isn't here yet, blah blah" across a BUNCH of threads. Yeah, maybe Halo is to blame, but I'd put almost all of the blame on USPS... they're notorious for being idiots and losing/ incorrectly routing stuff. I've had packages get re-routed from places "past" me due to USPS.
/Endrant.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I believe the old adage about putting your eggs in one basket comes through here... while I really love the Halo liquids, I make sure I have other stuff around. Plan ahead a little maybe? My last package took a bit more than I expected it to before it arrived, but I wasn't anywhere near the levels of buying a pack of Nails.

This is what it got down to for me.

When I Switched to e-Cigarettes, there were No B&M shops in my area. I had to do Everything over the Internet.

So I realized that if I waited until I was Almost out of an e-Liquid or a Atty or a Whatever, that I would be at the Mercy of a Web Site to have my stuff in Stock. A Shipping Department to get a Label on the Right Box. And the USPS to deliver it on Time.

That is Not the Position I wanted to be in. Because Life happens things don't Always run like Clockwork.

If a person has a Little stock on hand, 95% of these "I'm Mad because _______ Didn't arrive On Time" threads wouldn't be on the ECF.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Maybe you Should Have Had a Few Disposables laying around for Emergencies?

Newbie 101

Aug 9, 2013
NJ
Not to come off as a jerk, but no one put a gun to your head to buy the Nails... you made that choice, not Halo. They've been super busy I'd wager with the vegas thing this week, and it seems that only so many people here realize that these sorts of things happen, especially with popular boutique brands. Think this is bad, try getting a bottle of Boba's.

I'm sorry, but I'm seeing more and more of this "my package isn't here yet, blah blah" across a BUNCH of threads. Yeah, maybe Halo is to blame, but I'd put almost all of the blame on USPS... they're notorious for being idiots and losing/ incorrectly routing stuff. I've had packages get re-routed from places "past" me due to USPS.
/Endrant.
You're not coming off as a jerk. You're absolutely right that it's my own fault that I bought a pack of Nails (love that term by the way!) I totally should have planned ahead better, although I thought five days was enough. Lesson learned. My beef is this... Don't tell me it's shipped when it's not! Two different USPS CS operators told me they don't even have the package yet. Also, if you don't offer a phone number for customer service, (which I think is lame, but may be the industry standard) you need to reply to emails in the same day.

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Maybe you Should Have Had a Few Disposables laying around for Emergencies?

^ This.

I absolutely abhor Blu and Njoy, but I have a disposable of each in a "flavor" (if you want to call them that:glare:)that I can stand on my desk, just in case I EVER run out of liquids/ functioning PVs, etc. Backups of your backups of your backups.... pretty sure that's a mantra around here....

To fail to plan is to plan to fail.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... My beef is this... Don't tell me it's shipped when it's not! Two different USPS CS operators told me they don't even have the package yet. ...

I can't speak for the Company you Bought from. But Many Companies print a Packing Slip and a Shipping Label/Tracking Number when the Order is Received.

This doesn't mean that the Order has been Pulled. Or that the Box has been Shipped. It is just what the Software does when an Order is Placed.

boxcarmike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Henderson,NV
Yes, but the New Jersey Postal service is the Bermuda Triangle of postal hubs.

Here's a map of USPS disaster zones:laugh::facepalm:
Screenshot_45.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread