Status
Not open for further replies.

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
Results from nicotine test.

When I used to smoke I always went outside because my wife never did smoke. No big deal for me other than the weather. My wife and the house never suffered the stench of tobacco. Since I work from my home and vape all day (equal to about one cigarette an hour) throughout the house I was wondering if my wife was getting any Nicotine from the vapor. I realize that I am absorbing 98% of the ingredients but the 2% exhaled needed to be addressed. So I ordered a nicotine saliva test (TobacAlert) to see for myself.

How it works
The end of the TobacAlert strip contains gold particles coated with an antibody that selectively binds to Cotinine. After the end of the strip is diluted with saliva, the gold particles migrate through specialized "traps" in the strip. The more Cotinine bound to a gold particle, the further it is able to migrate along the strip. The reddish bands seen on the developed strip correspond to gold particles caught in a particular trap. TobacAlert™ is extremely sensitive and can measure amounts as low as 10 nanograms of Cotinine per milliliter of saliva (6 billionths of a gram in one fifth of a teaspoon).

LEVEL COTININE CONCENTRATION (ng-ml) INTERPRETATION

0 = 0-10 Non-user of tobacco products. Minimal or no nicotine exposure
1 = 10-30 Non-user of tobacco products. Low passive nicotine exposure
2 = 30-100 Non-user of tobacco products but higher passive nicotine exp.
3 = 100-200 User of tobacco products
4 = 200-500 User of tobacco products
5 = 500-1000 User of tobacco products
6 = 1000+ User of tobacco products

Results = My wife was level 0.
I was level 5.

While this is far from a strict scientific study it is pretty good proof to me that my Nicotine output has a miniscule effect on my wife, if any at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread