Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
So, I used to be a 0% vaper, looking for another habit to keep the tobacco demons at bay. It was fun and it worked. For two years I vaped 0%, and it helped me greatly in my battle to stay off cigarettes. But, a couple of years ago, the demons finally won, and I quit vaping and started smoking again.

I hate smoking. It's disgusting. So, I got my vape stuff out, and got some ejuice, and quickly found out that 6% just doesn't cut it. So I bought some nicotine, VG and some flavors. At 15%, I'm weaning off cigarettes fairly quickly. Before I restarted vaping, I was smoking 25-30 cigarettes a day. Two weeks later, I'm on my third day (with any luck) at under a half pack a day. The cigarettes keep looking worse by the day.

But only because I have a different nicotine delivery system to switch to.

When I was vaping before, I was quite active here at ECF for a while. When I returned recently, I realized, to my dismay, that I had no idea what my username was, or even which email account I had been using at the time.

Fighting dementia at age 58, I sometimes panic when I can't remember things like that. So I created a new ID, Electrodave. It's more appropriate than my old username, which, I finally remembered, was Taxguydave. I'm not a tax guy anymore. I'm a luthier who makes electric guitars.

I'm kickin' it old school with my school of Provari's, along with some nice Kabukis, Nautilus, and Subtanks. I just got a Nautilus 2 yesterday, and I'm in love. I want to get a 2S now.

I told myself I didn't need any new tanks or mods...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm kickin' it old school with my school of Provari's, along with some nice Kabukis, Nautilus, and Subtanks. I just got a Nautilus 2 yesterday, and I'm in love. I want to get a 2S now.

I told myself I didn't need any new tanks or mods...
You sound like you may be a likely candidate for the Shinyitis Support Group. Although support group for the shiny vape gear we become obsessed with is a misnomer. I think they are a group of enablers in my opinion. ;)

Welcome back into the fold. New vape gear has a way of reestablishing a spark of enthusiasm for an old habit that may have become stale.

Since you're a MTL low wattage vaper, you might also consider the Innokin Zenith tank that has been getting rave reviews from tootle-puffers like yourself. Yeah, I'm an enabler. :rolleyes:

Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)
Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Last edited:

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Hi Baditude and JAndrew!

I guess I'm an odd one. I usually hit my vape DTL. At low wattage with tootle puffer tanks. I've never understood why it would take different equipment, except for larger bore mouthpieces.

I still have a bunch of Subtank coils. Also a lifetime supply of cartos. Haven't been using those since I started vaping nicotine, but you never know.

I do MTL when I want to just kick back and pretend I'm having a cigarette.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Opinionated--I have my gunmetal Classic in front of me right now, and my stainless P3 in my shop next to my bench. I also have a Provari (original), a 2.5 Ti, two Minis (silver and red/black) and a 2.5 stainless, all assigned to various duties ("Why do you need a vape in the bathroom?").

My P3 Ti is in the shop. I can't wait to get it back. In 18350 mode, it weighs 3.5 oz with a battery in it. Put a Nautilus 2 on top, and it'll be an excellent "grab and go".

Provaris are the best low wattage tube mods ever made.

Vapdivvr--Thanks for the encouragement!

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
BMK303.JPG Cora 01.jpg Geri 12.jpg Irene10a.jpg Lucinda 05.jpg DSCN0121.JPG

I've made over 100 guitars. I keep track of them by giving them (female) names. They're all different.

Left to right--Brandi (my personal player), Cora, Geri, Irene, Lucinda and Wanda (my wife's personal player).

No rock star stories, but most of my clients are professional musicians.

Attachments

• DSCN0110.JPG
    DSCN0110.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 37

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
@Electrodave, great collection! I'm just an amatuer bass player who used to play along with You Tube videos. I haven't played much since I broke my right wrist a few years ago. The wrist has decreased range of motion and I can no longer bend the wrist for that bass player's finger style. I could use a pick or thumb style, but it's not the same sound.

full

I did the pinstriping on the Yamaha myself.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Very cool, Baditude! My first custom job was a "Frank" for a friend. I used components from several different incarnations of Eddie V's famous Frankenstrat. I nailed the sound, which is what led me to doing this full time.
Frank1.jpg Frank4.jpg

TierodBoots--Anytime!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Very cool, Baditude! My first custom job was a "Frank" for a friend. I used components from several different incarnations of Eddie V's famous Frankenstrat. I nailed the sound, which is what led me to doing this full time.
You nailed the look, too. VERY NICE! :wub:

67859_0_wide_ver1507695593.jpg@642

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome back, and glad you are vaping!

I don't plan on quitting vaping, I tell myself that quite regularly. Because I plan to vape until the day I die, and there will be some of my favorite setups in the coffin beside me. So no open coffin for me for one a) ewwww and b) I don't want anyone stealing anything.

The Zenith is the MTL tank of 2018 in my opinion. Kind of different in many ways than what you may be used to, but rather fantastic, nevertheless.

Anna

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Welcome back, Electrodave! Glad to have you with us again.

Just a note on terminology - I'm going to assume you tried 6 mg/ml nicotine rather than 6% and settled on 15 mg/ml. 15% would be 150 mg/ml, and I've never heard of anyone managing to vape that.

You are quite correct. Even the 100mg nicotine that I buy for mixing might just kill you on the spot.

Thanks for the hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread