Status
Not open for further replies.

wfarrar33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Arkansas
Ok guys, I just went home for lunch break and found my Alpha Ultra w/ RES waiting on me. First impressions:

Its smaller than it looks in pictures (which I like)
It is really light
It looks great
Easy to assemble/disassemble

Im currently out of my two go-to juices BB and GJ so i loaded the RES with around 15 drops of 555 from AVE and waited a few seconds for it to soak in. It could have easily held more but since i was on lunch break I was pressed for time. So, after i screwed the RES in I screwed in a brand new Joye 510LR atty I primed the atty with about 8 drops and let it sit for about 10 minutes while i ate. After a short wait i blew into the atty gently to push any excess into the RES. First vape PERFECT. ive taken about 30ish long pulls off of it and still have the flavor and vapor of a fresh dripped atty. After probably 15-20 pulls i did notice the beginning or a weaker hit so i drew sharply on the atty without firing and I was back to a perfect vape. Im assuming I could have initially filled the RES with about twice as much juice as i did to begin with and this beginning of a dry hit would have taken longer to occur. Ive only had this for literally less than an hour so i will follow up once I've had it a few days. I have no complaints at all. This was kind of an impulse purchase but I do not regret it in any way.

I read the posts about the switch being hard to activate, I havent had any problem with it at all (i havent used it after applying moisturizer to my hands though) I read a few posts about threads grinding or being kinda rough at first, mine are like butter. I havent polished anything or applied anything to them.

If i was forced to pick out a few improvements (again im really happy with it the way it is) I would like to have the battery casing fixed in place to where it only moves up and down. I dont like the fact that it can spin inside the outer sleeve. Im sorta OCD and i know ill end up spinning it all the time if it is in my hand. Also the distance i have to push the switch up seems kinda long, however im sure this can be corrected by placing a dime or two under the battery casing or under the battery itself. I would be worried about breaking the ceramic if it took a big drop on concrete or something.

I own or have owned a couple Phidiae (Phidias's), a GLV-2, a REO Grand, several eGo's, a few 510 Mega's, Old Goat 3.7V bottomfeeder, The new Boge Revolution V2. I liked some better than others but the vape on this one is up there with the best of them in my opinion.

I love that i can completely flood the atty and it will go into the RES and not down the side of the PV or all over my hand. I really look forward to not having to take out the atty and blow it out etc.
I see myself basically "over-dripping" on this PV and using the RES as a catch cup for the excess.

I will eventually try this with a carto and try a flavor change and see if anything lingers. Judging by what I've read it washes out pretty easy. I will also completely fill the RES and see how much it will hold and how long it lasts.

All and all i couldnt be more happy (unless it was cheaper lol). Thanks Innovapor!

Last edited:

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Ok guys, I just went home for lunch break and found my Alpha Ultra w/ RES waiting on me. First impressions:

Its smaller than it looks in pictures (which I like)
It is really light
It looks great
Easy to assemble/disassemble

Im currently out of my two go-to juices BB and GJ so i loaded the RES with around 15 drops of 555 from AVE and waited a few seconds for it to soak in. It could have easily held more but since i was on lunch break I was pressed for time. So, after i screwed the RES in I screwed in a brand new Joye 510LR atty I primed the atty with about 8 drops and let it sit for about 10 minutes while i ate. After a short wait i blew into the atty gently to push any excess into the RES. First vape PERFECT. ive taken about 30ish long pulls off of it and still have the flavor and vapor of a fresh dripped atty. After probably 15-20 pulls i did notice the beginning or a weaker hit so i drew sharply on the atty without firing and I was back to a perfect vape. Im assuming I could have initially filled the RES with about twice as much juice as i did to begin with and this beginning of a dry hit would have taken longer to occur. Ive only had this for literally less than an hour so i will follow up once I've had it a few days. I have no complaints at all. This was kind of an impulse purchase but I do not regret it in any way.

I read the posts about the switch being hard to activate, I havent had any problem with it at all (i havent used it after applying moisturizer to my hands though) I read a few posts about threads grinding or being kinda rough at first, mine are like butter. I havent polished anything or applied anything to them.

If i was forced to pick out a few improvements (again im really happy with it the way it is) I would like to have the battery casing fixed in place to where it only moves up and down. I dont like the fact that it can spin inside the outer sleeve. Im sorta OCD and i know ill end up spinning it all the time if it is in my hand. Also the distance i have to push the switch up seems kinda long, however im sure this can be corrected by placing a dime or two under the battery casing or under the battery itself. I would be worried about breaking the ceramic if it took a big drop on concrete or something.

I own or have owned a couple Phidiae (Phidias's), a GLV-2, a REO Grand, several eGo's, a few 510 Mega's, Old Goat 3.7V bottomfeeder, The new Boge Revolution V2. I liked some better than others but the vape on this one is up there with the best of them in my opinion.

I love that i can completely flood the atty and it will go into the RES and not down the side of the PV or all over my hand. I really look forward to not having to take out the atty and blow it out etc.
I see myself basically "over-dripping" on this PV and using the RES as a catch cup for the excess.

I will eventually try this with a carto and try a flavor change and see if anything lingers. Judging by what I've read it washes out pretty easy. I will also completely fill the RES and see how much it will hold and how long it lasts.

All and all i couldnt be more happy (unless it was cheaper lol). Thanks Innovapor!

Good to hear you are liking it. As for your couple concerns let me go a little more into detail about the Ultra.

1. The spinning battery housing. We did this so that it slides much easier. If we had it held in place it would be much harder to move up and down and therefore would be more issues with the ease of the slide. The only two contact points are the very top and very bottom of the battery case. That way there is the least amount of resistance against your slide.

2.The distance of the slide. Our original main bodys for the Ultra were shorter and had less distance to travel. But if you look closely at a protected 14500, it is longer than the IMR 14500s. With the old shorter main bodys if you used a protected 14500 once you screwed the atomizer interface down it would instantly activate because it was too long. We now have the main bodys longer so that you can use either an IMR or a protected 14500. But yes I have heard a dime works perfectly for taking up that extra space.

3. Fragile RES. There is really no argument about this. The ceramic is fragile and if you drop it hard enough it will probably break. I have dropped mine quite a few times and it hasnt broken yet, but others have dropped theirs and it has broken. We are working on a new ceramic to increase the durability of it. That is a ways off for now however.

All in all I think you will be very pleased with your purchase. Be sure to keep us updated as time goes on.

Cheers,
Tony

wfarrar33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Arkansas
Oh I'm already please believe me. I can tell me and this thing are going to get along fine. I dont really have complaints about the few negatives i touched on i was just saying if someone held a gun to my head and forced me to find a negative about it those few things would be what i come up with. As far as dropping it and something breaking that can happen with anything. I have some friends that have had 4 screens in their iPhones lol

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
wf, spinning helps sometimes when the ultra doesn't fire. I have no idea why but it does help - you spin it and then push up. Nate gave me that tip when I first got my ultramax. It doesn't happen very much anymore but when it does, I spin / turn turn the batt housing and then push up and it fires up. I have no idea why but it works.

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
I've used the flicking before too but then Nate told me about the spin. The more I use the ultramax the more I like it. It works out good for my out and about pv. I've also found when I get frictionaly challenged that I can use my thumb nail against one of the ribs to push it up. The only time that seems to happen lately when my hands are ice cold for some reason.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I've used the flicking before too but then Nate told me about the spin. The more I use the ultramax the more I like it. It works out good for my out and about pv. I've also found when I get frictionaly challenged that I can use my thumb nail against one of the ribs to push it up. The only time that seems to happen lately when my hands are ice cold for some reason.

but what about the people that bite there nails? Just kidding I dont have issues anymore anyways.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Boise, ID? WTH? Wheres the shop? When's the VV coming out? Can I be a beta tester?

Yep good ol' Boise. No shop though, strictly internet sales. I don't see a VV coming soon but I am not the one on the front lines of production so I could be mistaken. And if we do come out with one I'll let you know and maybe we can meet up for you to test one out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread