Status
Not open for further replies.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Alright so I guess I'll chime in with my two cents seeing as I've owned my Ultramax for two weeks now.

Config: 2x AW LifePO4 3.0v batteries (6v), IkenVape 3.5ohm 306 atty, IkenVape RY4 PG Based 24mg Liquid, Avid Vaper Delrin 306 Drip Tip (pictures of the tip attached).

Initial Impressions (Opening the box/first run): I was blown away. The simplicity of the device along with the functionality of the RES is superb. This mod is a little on the higher price end, however, it is worth every penny for what it does.

"Long" term use... (2 weeks): The device is still working flawlessly. This is the first mod that I have actually dropped (mind you, I panicked both times) and the unit is fine. No damage, ceramic material in the RES is still holding strong with no damage. I really can't find anything "bad" to say about this unit. It is extremely satisfying to vape on and I'm very hard to please. Now, this is only my nitpicking but the only downside I see to using this mod is the constant having to polish/clean the device. YMMV based off the oils in your skin and the amount that you use the device - but for me, I have to fully polish the device after three days. Again, this may or may not be a deal breaker for people. Also, the switch... I think I've been lucky as I have absolutely no issues with the switch and it fires accurately every single time. Glides in the housing without any issues. But also, this may be a benefit to my polishing the inner tube every three days.

Overall: Again, this device is worth every penny for those looking for the most accurate and unmodified taste. Nothing compares to dripping - and this alleviates the hassle of having to drip every session.

tl;dr version - the mod does exactly what it is advertised to do so what are you waiting for? Go buy one!!

Attachments

• tip1.jpg
    tip1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 71
  • tip2.jpg
    tip2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Alright so I guess I'll chime in with my two cents seeing as I've owned my Ultramax for two weeks now.

Config: 2x AW LifePO4 3.0v batteries (6v), IkenVape 3.5ohm 306 atty, IkenVape RY4 PG Based 24mg Liquid, Avid Vaper Delrin 306 Drip Tip (pictures of the tip attached).

Initial Impressions (Opening the box/first run): I was blown away. The simplicity of the device along with the functionality of the RES is superb. This mod is a little on the higher price end, however, it is worth every penny for what it does.

"Long" term use... (2 weeks): The device is still working flawlessly. This is the first mod that I have actually dropped (mind you, I panicked both times) and the unit is fine. No damage, ceramic material in the RES is still holding strong with no damage. I really can't find anything "bad" to say about this unit. It is extremely satisfying to vape on and I'm very hard to please. Now, this is only my nitpicking but the only downside I see to using this mod is the constant having to polish/clean the device. YMMV based off the oils in your skin and the amount that you use the device - but for me, I have to fully polish the device after three days. Again, this may or may not be a deal breaker for people. Also, the switch... I think I've been lucky as I have absolutely no issues with the switch and it fires accurately every single time. Glides in the housing without any issues. But also, this may be a benefit to my polishing the inner tube every three days.

Overall: Again, this device is worth every penny for those looking for the most accurate and unmodified taste. Nothing compares to dripping - and this alleviates the hassle of having to drip every session.

tl;dr version - the mod does exactly what it is advertised to do so what are you waiting for? Go buy one!!

Thanks for the awesome review loft. We tried to make it function flawlessly while keeping it very simple. Sounds like both are working out for you. I can only imagine it being one of your favorite mods for years to come.

Cheers,
Tony

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Of course, now I have to try it on mine... ;) Do you plan to use it like that or are you playing around just because you can?

I love my Ultra and my Liquinator, but I see them as entirely different. The RES isn't really a tank, it's like dripping-- pure taste of your juice without polyfill or strings-- without the hassle of dripping.

wfarrar33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Arkansas
Of course, now I have to try it on mine... ;) Do you plan to use it like that or are you playing around just because you can?

I love my Ultra and my Liquinator, but I see them as entirely different. The RES isn't really a tank, it's like dripping-- pure taste of your juice without polyfill or strings-- without the hassle of dripping.

I'm just using it like this bc I just got the tank today and wanted to try it out. Provari shipped today. I love the RES just couldn't wait to try my first tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread