Rigmod Hotcig Squonk RSQ 80W Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
i just lost my daily driver (pico sq2), not sure should i buy another pico sq 2 or go for RSQ :)

I have both. Pico Squeeze 2 is a nice small mod too with a fair atty with the kit. The RSQ has a nice bottle IMO, and may be able to use the Aurora bottles or V3 bottles with it. I would go with the RSQ, can change panels, bottles, and can pair with a 22 or 24 atty. The PS2 looks a bit awkward with a 22, IMO.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I have both. Pico Squeeze 2 is a nice small mod too with a fair atty with the kit. The RSQ has a nice bottle IMO, and may be able to use the Aurora bottles or V3 bottles with it. I would go with the RSQ, can change panels, bottles, and can pair with a 22 or 24 atty. The PS2 looks a bit awkward with a 22, IMO.
The RSQ does fit the new V3 inbox bottles same as in the Aurora mod.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018

btw which one heavier ? PICO 2 or RSQ ?

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I have just noticed a spot below the squonk window,I have a spot of paint gone on the black . It almost looks like it rubbed against change in my pocket . The mark is not large enough to notice unless you are up close but the rest of the paint is still good.

Can't believe it,I thought the paint would never chip on this device I only carry it in my top shirt pocket. I take care of this device so not sure how it happened ? Anyone else have a chip in the paint yet ?

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I have just noticed a spot below the squonk window,I have a spot of paint gone on the black . It almost looks like it rubbed against change in my pocket . The mark is not large enough to notice unless you are up close but the rest of the paint is still good.

Can't believe it,I thought the paint would never chip on this device I only carry it in my top shirt pocket. I take care of this device so not sure how it happened ? Anyone else have a chip in the paint yet ?
    Yes, I have a blue one that lost a small spot of paint in a non wear area. I put a dab of clear nail polish on it.
    So far hasn't lost anymore paint in that area.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio

My silver one is the only one i've lost any paint on,but it's also my most used one.It hasn't chipped anywhere,but both front edges,the paint has worn off just the edges showing the copper plating under it.

• Agree
    Reactions: Izan

eltharynd

Nov 10, 2018
    I'm back with an update on my bricked mod. It's up and running again, WOW!!
    I didn't bother tagging everyone who had questions but i'm going to answer them . I did contact my local b&m regarding the issue but since it was over a month they couldn't help me and had me contact hotcig directly. Hotcig was no help at all and put all the blame on me, stating I didn't know how to update the mod. Also I want to add it was the second update I did to the RSQ because I wanted to see if it would fix the short message I kept getting. (The first update i did fixed the light reset) I have updated plenty of mods over the years without an issue and I wasn't putting blame on anyone really just wanted a solution to fix the problem. Something hotcig wasn't willing to help me with as they just stopped responding in the chat. As far as I know every mod has a factory reset and I tried every combination I could think of. So without the battery in if you hold down the up and down button at the same time and put the battery back in you will get an update message. This got the mod back up and running for me. I only now get a short message when I use my serpent bf fda for some reason. I have changed the build three times in this rda but it seems like the RSQ doesn't like this atty at all. Thats where im at right now. Enjoy every!
    You sir... I don't know you.. but I love you.. as a recently quitter turned to vaping I honestly don't know if I could've resisted all sunday without vaping... As a computer science and electronics engineer it was particularly frustrating cause I knew exactly what the problem was but there was no indication whatsoever anywhere on how to turn the device in firmware upload mode.. and I had plenty of horrible experiences with chinese companies trying to get this info.. I tried everything with no success.. even what you suggested but it avuactua takes enough time to boot to make one think it's not going to work... But it does!! You saved me! Btw the update software IS buggy AF and if it crashes while updating like it did in my case you have no option but to end the process already knowing it's going to brik.. nice to have found a solution..
    Google friendly recap:
    To unbrick RSQ hotcig mod boot it in firmware upload mode by removing battery/power source and holding plus and minus buttons while plugging in battery. Then use their crappy software to re-upload their crappy software.. gonna honestly buy a new/better/not Chinese mod but I hope this helps people with this problem...
    Some Google keywords:
    RSQ mod brick not turning on dead doesn't work repair unbrick firmware upgrade upload

jocoxVT

Nov 3, 2015
    Recently running into an issue and wondering if anyone else has experienced it. Lately, when inserting a new battery the device does not come on. I literally have to take the battery back out and keep inserting and eventually it will power on. Sometimes, when putting the face plate back on it will again go blank but usually once I get it working it stays working until I need to switch the battery again. AWhile I purchased the device last year I really only use it on weekends so wouldnt think its past its useful life. Its in great condition, never been dropped, no scratches or dents. Batteries are all LGHG2s, no issues with them with any of my other mods. Anyone else experience this?

jocoxVT

Nov 3, 2015
    Sounds like one of your batteries terminals is dented enough to not make proper connection ?

I use LGHE4's in mine and my negative on one of them s slightly dented but no problems with my RSQ turning yet .

That does sound plausible but a bit surprising given its occurring with multiple different batteries and not just one. I guess, if the RSQ is doing this to all of them, that could be the case though.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    That does sound plausible but a bit surprising given its occurring with multiple different batteries and not just one. I guess, if the RSQ is doing this to all of them, that could be the case though.
    I have 1 battery that my mod will do that with,it will go blank if i squeeze the bottle or move the door,but on mine i know it's that battery since it doesn't do it with any others in it.In your case,if it's happening with multiple batteries,i would say either your positive or negative end on the mod has somehow gotten pushed in just a bit and won't spring back out far enough to make a solid connection.

eltharynd

Nov 10, 2018
    Could be plenty of stuff, hard to say without having the decive in my hands but it does sound like the mechanical connection got ruined.. mechanical contacts are always gonna fail and the (low) build quality of the rsq doesn't make me think it's gonna last forever :) I might be wrong tho... If you don't mind breaking warranty AND you are comfortable with electronics you could try to open it and check the spring loaded battery contact.. if you have a multimeter check for a stable contact.. sometimes moving/lubing such things is enough to make it work again...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread