Rigmod Hotcig Squonk RSQ 80W Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
I give up trying to do the update,using window 7 and tried installing 7- zip file and still no go,question for those who have not done install,besides light not staying as selected does everything else have to be reset as well after a battery change? By that I mean wattage selected? Battery percentage instead of puff counter? I can live with it staying on 20 seconds instead of 10, hell vct inbox stays on for 1 minute ( ya I timed it) thanks guys:thumb:

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Some kind soul should initiate a TeamViewer session and help get this mod updated. [emoji16]
I agree with you but it'll never happen lol,so mine just showed up and as mentioned due to soft ware issues I could not do the update,that being said the led color I pick stays on after removing the battery,the screen orientation however does not,I put mine on battery % and battery does not seem to deplete as quickly as it did on my vcnt inbox! So not sure if the rsq is more efficient or its just not reading the battery life correctly,also feel like the inbox hit a little smoother,but looks wise this thing looks and feels much better,not crazy about the bottle either but replaced with another silicon bottle I had laying around its working out fine,not sure if it's worth doing upgrade to be honest as led doesn't bother at all,looks kinda cool actually:thumb:

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
I agree with you but it'll never happen lol,so mine just showed up and as mentioned due to soft ware issues I could not do the update,that being said the led color I pick stays on after removing the battery,the screen orientation however does not,I put mine on battery % and battery does not seem to deplete as quickly as it did on my vcnt inbox! So not sure if the rsq is more efficient or its just not reading the battery life correctly,also feel like the inbox hit a little smoother,but looks wise this thing looks and feels much better,not crazy about the bottle either but replaced with another silicon bottle I had laying around its working out fine,not sure if it's worth doing upgrade to be honest as led doesn't bother at all,looks kinda cool actually:thumb:
I started with the silicone bottle but switched to the PE bottle, I am used to the bottle for my Pico Squeeze. Ordered a 10 pack of spare PE bottles and they are very similar to the PE one that came with the RSQ. They are being washed today and I will update this post on how well they work.

$6.82 (Free Shipping) Mechanical Mod Replacement Squonk Bottle (10-Pack) (8ml, PE, White, 10-Pack) at m.FastTech.com
fc2b15a6b9a477ee57d57f7de5b1a772.jpg
601bb6a22b4c967f3f538efb631c3820.jpg

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
i'm going to get one soon and can't imagine going through all of that. i think i'll put a piece of electrical tape over the led.
Or turn it off. [emoji16] I think the default after battery swap is RGB (prior to software update that is).

Last edited:
Reactions: franck

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
I started with the silicone bottle but switched to the PE bottle, I am used to the bottle for my Pico Squeeze. Ordered a 10 pack of spare PE bottles and they are very similar to the PE one that came with the RSQ. They are being washed today and I will update this post on how well they work.

$6.82 (Free Shipping) Mechanical Mod Replacement Squonk Bottle (10-Pack) (8ml, PE, White, 10-Pack) at m.FastTech.com
fc2b15a6b9a477ee57d57f7de5b1a772.jpg
601bb6a22b4c967f3f538efb631c3820.jpg
Ya those aren't my bag,I just hate the feel of them,but to each his own;)

Reactions: Nick N

jocoxVT

Nov 3, 2015
that being said the led color I pick stays on after removing the battery

Potentially those just receiving devices may have the most up to date firmware, or at least a more current version than those who purchased at first release. Id assume that as they keep producing these they are self correcting but could be totally wrong.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Potentially those just receiving devices may have the most up to date firmware, or at least a more current version than those who purchased at first release. Id assume that as they keep producing these they are self correcting but could be totally wrong.
Ya I think you're right bud,still crazy though that a company like hot cig would ship something like that out knowing the issues that it as,I mean don't they test these things out before mass producing them? Would they want to use a device like that themselves ? Ok done ranting it is what it is just my opinion is all :confused:

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Hey guys,been playing with my rsq mod for a couple of days,here's my findings,before it arrived I was vaping my drop rda on a vcnt inbox,other than looks wise the rsq does not perform as well as the inbox,never thought a DNA chip would make that much of a difference but sadly it does,my drop hits as smooth as silk on inbox as its a labored vape on the rsq,I literally take it off one mod and screw it on the other and the quality of vape from one to the other is significantly notiable,am pretty bummed I had my hopes up on the rsq as I hate the bottle situation on the inbox but I have to go back to it,curious to know if any of you have noticed a difference from the rsq to a DNA box? Maybe it's just mine but I don't think so...

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Hey guys,been playing with my rsq mod for a couple of days,here's my findings,before it arrived I was vaping my drop rda on a vcnt inbox,other than looks wise the rsq does not perform as well as the inbox,never thought a DNA chip would make that much of a difference but sadly it does,my drop hits as smooth as silk on inbox as its a labored vape on the rsq,I literally take it off one mod and screw it on the other and the quality of vape from one to the other is significantly notiable,am pretty bummed I had my hopes up on the rsq as I hate the bottle situation on the inbox but I have to go back to it,curious to know if any of you have noticed a difference from the rsq to a DNA box? Maybe it's just mine but I don't think so...

I'm a bit of a DNA "Fan Boy" so my opinion is all ways bias towards them.
It has been my experience that it is hard to beat a DNA, even expensive chips like the "Yihi" don't compare IMO.
I never bought an rsq, didn't think it would be worth the money. If I can get a similar mod with a DNA, even for more money. I'm getting the DNA. With the rsq, it cost the same as or even more than a comparable DNA mod. (SVA Clone, inbox)
BTW the newest "Inbox" has a better bottle set up :) If it would have had that bottle when I got my SVA clones I mite have got the inbox instead :)

IMO the rsq is a $40 mod Not $79.99

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
It has been my experience that it is hard to beat a DNA, even expensive chips like the "Yihi" don't compare IMO.
I never bought an rsq, didn't think it would be worth the money. If I can get a similar mod with a DNA, even for more money. I'm getting the DNA. With the rsq, it cost the same as or even more than a comparable DNA mod. (SVA Clone, inbox)
BTW the newest "Inbox" has a better bottle set up :) If it would have had that bottle when I got my SVA clones I mite have got the inbox instead :)

WHAT there's a new inbox ? Realy do tell who has them please :banana:

Reactions: Steamer861

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA

Just went on H cigars web site no mention of new inbox,just the same one with the crappy plastic bottle and that long stupid plastic tube that makes it impossible to use silicon bottles:(

Reactions: Steamer861

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    The DNA chip may be better than the RSQ in TC mode, but the SVA clone was a fail for me.
    Panels fell of the first day in use, the 510 started leaking after a week, bad soldering job.
    The new VT inbox looks promising. Too bad they couldn't have brought the size down to the SVA or RSQ size.
    Only paid $52 for my RSQs, which is a fair price.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    The DNA chip may be better than the RSQ in TC mode, but the SVA clone was a fail for me.
    Panels fell of the first day in use, the 510 started leaking after a week, bad soldering job.
    The new VT inbox looks promising. Too bad they couldn't have brought the size down to the SVA or RSQ size.
    Only paid $52 for my RSQs, which is a fair price.

I couldn't have had a more totally opposite experience than you with the "SVA Clone"
    The 2 I have are flawless! :)
    My experience was more like this guys :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread