Status
Not open for further replies.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I couldn't have had a more totally opposite experience than you with the "SVA Clone"
    The 2 I have are flawless! :)
    My experience was more like his guys :)

Yes, it seems to hit or miss with them.
    I took a chance, with the mixed reviews on the FT forum.
    Fortunately FT sent me a replacement.

franck

ECF Veteran
    May 8, 2015
    California,USA
    There is a site supplier right here on the ECF that makes a pretty nice dna 20700 BF'er :)
    Maybe a little more "High End" But it's American made :)

Catfish Atty Mods Chapter 3
    That fire button doo is a no go for me,but that new inbox would fit the bill,looks like they fixed that bottle issue,but agreed it would of been nice if they could have made a tad smaller ....

Steamer861

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    Yes, it seems to hit or miss with them.
    I took a chance, with the mixed reviews on the FT forum.
    Fortunately FT sent me a replacement.

Well clones are like that! Poor quality control :( I got mine at FT also, both with 15% off sales, So mine were less $ than an RSQ :) Too bad there imposable to find any more :(

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    The new V3 is on 3F
    Imgg2Ca.jpg
    Rumor has it on the Inbox thread that Hcigar is coming out with an upgrade kit for the original Inbox that will allow use of third-party bottles. No word yet on release date, though.

Reactions: Steamer861

Nick N

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 8, 2014
    Columbus, Ohio
    Back on topic... sort of [emoji16]

Dead Rabbit clone from Hotecig USA warehouse... $7.50 when I bought it, $4.50 + shipping ($3.50) right now! I already have some other RDAs coming (including a silver Dead Rabbit clone) I don't need another. This drip tip didn't come with it, but it came with a black one, a multicolored one, 510 adapter, and the posts are silver and gold like the authentic. I am blown away at the craftsmanship of this one, especially at this price.
    68693a55ef318f1b9b258cd80def7d07.jpg

Edit: Keeps going in and out of stock. Took 4 days to get to me USPS from NY to OH.

Last edited:
    Reactions: b.m.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    Back on topic... sort of [emoji16]

Dead Rabbit clone from Hotecig USA warehouse... $7.50 when I bought it, $4.50 + shipping ($3.50) right now! I already have some other RDAs coming (including a silver Dead Rabbit clone) I don't need another. This drip tip didn't come with it, but it came with a black one, a multicolored one, 510 adapter, and the posts are silver and gold like the authentic. I am blown away at the craftsmanship of this one, especially at this price.
    68693a55ef318f1b9b258cd80def7d07.jpg

Edit: Keeps going in and out of stock. Took 4 days to get to me USPS from NY to OH.
    I picked up a clone DR locally for $12 and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and extras. Only had it a few days but a decent vape, though I like the flavor on my Bonza better (and possibly my Athena). Next on my list when I order, or stumble upon one locally, will be a Drop (and an RSQ or 2).

edit: I am running the DR 24 with a pretty low ohm single coil, still need to try it with a dual coil setup and see if flavor improves.

Reactions: franck

franck

ECF Veteran
    May 8, 2015
    California,USA
    I picked up a clone DR locally for $12 and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and extras. Only had it a few days but a decent vape, though I like the flavor on my Bonza better (and possibly my Athena). Next on my list when I order, or stumble upon one locally, will be a Drop (and an RSQ or 2).

edit: I am running the DR 24 with a pretty low ohm single coil, still need to try it with a dual coil setup and see if flavor improves.
    If I was you I would only buy one rsq and try it out,I hate mine,looks cool and all but the inbox hits much better imo,looking forward to v3 about to drop soon with bottle upgrade ...

Nick N

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 8, 2014
    Columbus, Ohio

I have a few clone RDAs on the way, so far I have a Goon 1.5 and the black DR. I had also ordered a couple Steam Rabbit clones and a Phantohm, which probably won't get much use since I have the RSQ. I just want to tinker with them.

Clone RDAs in route from China:

Black Goon 1.5 from Fasttech
    SS/black Drop from Hotecig
    "Burn Blue" Apocalype Gen 2 from Hotecig
    SS Dead Rabbit from Hotecig

Thinking of picking up the Vandy Vape Phobia RDA but I need to slow down!

Last edited:

franck

ECF Veteran
    May 8, 2015
    California,USA
    Are you using it in TC mode?
    Mine hits the same as my DNA75 in VW.
    Nope,using it in vw mode and it just doesn't hit well at all,best way I can discribe it is on my DNA 75 it's a smooth vape,on the rsq it's a labored vape,almost as if the drop rda as no airflow,it's very weird I know but that's my experience :-x

chibahawk

Jun 29, 2012
    Jersey
    I'm back with an update on my bricked mod. It's up and running again, WOW!!
    I didn't bother tagging everyone who had questions but i'm going to answer them . I did contact my local b&m regarding the issue but since it was over a month they couldn't help me and had me contact hotcig directly. Hotcig was no help at all and put all the blame on me, stating I didn't know how to update the mod. Also I want to add it was the second update I did to the RSQ because I wanted to see if it would fix the short message I kept getting. (The first update i did fixed the light reset) I have updated plenty of mods over the years without an issue and I wasn't putting blame on anyone really just wanted a solution to fix the problem. Something hotcig wasn't willing to help me with as they just stopped responding in the chat. As far as I know every mod has a factory reset and I tried every combination I could think of. So without the battery in if you hold down the up and down button at the same time and put the battery back in you will get an update message. This got the mod back up and running for me. I only now get a short message when I use my serpent bf fda for some reason. I have changed the build three times in this rda but it seems like the RSQ doesn't like this atty at all. Thats where im at right now. Enjoy every!

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Thanks for the info. However, are you saying that holding up/down while inserting the batter performed a factory reset and it reset everything to baseline?

Or do doing this give a completely bricked mod the ability to then update the firmware?

Thanks, I'll be getting one by the end of the week, so want to make a note of this.

chibahawk

Jun 29, 2012
    Jersey
    Thanks for the info. However, are you saying that holding up/down while inserting the batter performed a factory reset and it reset everything to baseline?

Or do doing this give a completely bricked mod the ability to then update the firmware?

Thanks, I'll be getting one by the end of the week, so want to make a note of this.

No sorry I should have been more clear. It doesn't send it back to the baseline but it allows you to update the firmware.

• Informative

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    No problems. Great to know that there's a potential failsafe if we are unable to get it into update mode.

Not sure I'm going to attempt to update mine unless some needed updates become available, but this is good to know.

I ordered this and an Inbox as my first two sqounk mods, so excited to dip my toes. I do fear I've found another rabbit hole though. :)

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I didn't bother tagging everyone who had questions but i'm going to answer them . I did contact my local b&m regarding the issue but since it was over a month they couldn't help me and had me contact hotcig directly. Hotcig was no help at all and put all the blame on me, stating I didn't know how to update the mod. Also I want to add it was the second update I did to the RSQ because I wanted to see if it would fix the short message I kept getting. (The first update i did fixed the light reset) I have updated plenty of mods over the years without an issue and I wasn't putting blame on anyone really just wanted a solution to fix the problem. Something hotcig wasn't willing to help me with as they just stopped responding in the chat. As far as I know every mod has a factory reset and I tried every combination I could think of. So without the battery in if you hold down the up and down button at the same time and put the battery back in you will get an update message. This got the mod back up and running for me. I only now get a short message when I use my serpent bf fda for some reason. I have changed the build three times in this rda but it seems like the RSQ doesn't like this atty at all. Thats where im at right now. Enjoy every!
    Glad you got it running again.
    I just updated a third one.
    Battery was in, plugged it in, it just asked if I wanted to update or charge.
    Have noted your method, if it gets bricked.
    Hot Cig could use some lessons on customer service and creating user friendly updates.

Last edited:

franck

ECF Veteran
    May 8, 2015
    California,USA
    Thanks for the update,am happy to hear that you're mod is back in business,I felt so bad for you when I first read you're post :banana:

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    CRAP!!!

Just got mine in the mail. A day later than expected, but was glad to have it before the weekend. My first squonker...

Well, it's trash out of the box. Put the battery in. Screen fires up fine ,displays normal, etc. Once the mod goes into standby and the screen shuts off, it's toast. Pressing the fire button just displays some pixels on the screen. REALLY??? :mad:

Tried turning it off before the scree dies, turning it back on, etc. Nope. Once the initial screen displays, I get nothing but random pixels lit on the screen. Dammit. Really wanted to build a new RDA and give squonking a try this weekend.

I guess before contacting the vendor, I'll download the firmware tool and try to update it....

• Informative

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    CRAP!!!

Just got mine in the mail. A day later than expected, but was glad to have it before the weekend. My first squonker...

Well, it's trash out of the box. Put the battery in. Screen fires up fine ,displays normal, etc. Once the mod goes into standby and the screen shuts off, it's toast. Pressing the fire button just displays some pixels on the screen. REALLY??? :mad:

Tried turning it off before the scree dies, turning it back on, etc. Nope. Once the initial screen displays, I get nothing but random pixels lit on the screen. Dammit. Really wanted to build a new RDA and give squonking a try this weekend.

I guess before contacting the vendor, I'll download the firmware tool and try to update it....
    That's not good.
    I'd go for the replacement without even trying the update.
    Make a vid of it malfunctioning.
    Even if the update fixes it, I'd be leery of problems down the road.
    If the update dosen't help, don't tell them you tried it. They may try to say you botched the update.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread