Status
Not open for further replies.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Yeah, maybe you're right. I had no plan on updating it for the LED 'fix'. MVS doesn't have a phone #, etc. So here we got with email support. First time I've received something trash out of the box, so I guess I'm lucky.

Crap. All ready to build a Pulse 22 I picked up to go with it....
    MVS should take care of it soon.
    I've been lucky too...only 1 DOA in 4 years.

Reactions: franck

Nick N

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 8, 2014
    Columbus, Ohio
    Thanks, I'll send them an email now. I did get an Inbox too, but it was to be a gift for somebody else. Maybe I'll 'move in' to the Inbox this weekend, lol.
    That sucks. The Pulse comes with a way to block the hole on the 510, so the day is not a total wash, right?

franck

ECF Veteran
    May 8, 2015
    California,USA
    CRAP!!!

Just got mine in the mail. A day later than expected, but was glad to have it before the weekend. My first squonker...

Well, it's trash out of the box. Put the battery in. Screen fires up fine ,displays normal, etc. Once the mod goes into standby and the screen shuts off, it's toast. Pressing the fire button just displays some pixels on the screen. REALLY??? :mad:

Tried turning it off before the scree dies, turning it back on, etc. Nope. Once the initial screen displays, I get nothing but random pixels lit on the screen. Dammit. Really wanted to build a new rda and give squonking a try this weekend.

I guess before contacting the vendor, I'll download the firmware tool and try to update it....
    OMG,you're kidding,am so sorry to hear that,have you tried doing what that guy said who bricked his? Can't remember the steps but if you scroll back you should be able to find it,never hurts to try,but I also agree with puffon and try and return that pos..

• Agree
    Reactions: score69

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    That sucks. The Pulse comes with a way to block the hole on the 510, so the day is not a total wash, right?
    Oh yeah, Pulse 22 comes with the reg pin as well I believe, but I wanted a single coil specifically for squonking. Plus figured the 22mm would look better. I'll wait on the Pulse until I dip my toes into squonking. Now the question is if I keep the Inbox I bought for a friend, and squonk this weekend anyways, lol.

I did try reflashing the firmware, since it seems like it would be a software issue. Looks like the device updated, but the issue still persists. Have to see how long it takes MVS to respond. Hate having to send stuff back.

Just weird that the screen works until the mod goes into standby the first time, and then the screen stays wonky. I would think that reflashing the firmware would have fixed that.

• Informative

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    CRAP!!!

Just got mine in the mail. A day later than expected, but was glad to have it before the weekend. My first squonker...

Well, it's trash out of the box. Put the battery in. Screen fires up fine ,displays normal, etc. Once the mod goes into standby and the screen shuts off, it's toast. Pressing the fire button just displays some pixels on the screen. REALLY??? :mad:

Tried turning it off before the scree dies, turning it back on, etc. Nope. Once the initial screen displays, I get nothing but random pixels lit on the screen. Dammit. Really wanted to build a new RDA and give squonking a try this weekend.

I guess before contacting the vendor, I'll download the firmware tool and try to update it....

Sorry to hear about that. I know what a Drag it is to Wait for something only to have it come DOA.

If I was You, I Wouldn't do Anything to it. Just contact the Retailer for an RMA.

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Yeah, I played with it a bit though. Figured out that if I hit the +/- to wake it after the screen turns off, it works fine. Display is normal, can change wattages, fires, etc.

However, any time you press the fire button when the screen is shut off and the screen goes wonky, mod doesn't respond. To get the screen back, you have to pull the battery out and put it back in. Only use +/- to wake it.

Sounds like a software bug to me?

jocoxVT

Nov 3, 2015
    Yeah, I played with it a bit though. Figured out that if I hit the +/- to wake it after the screen turns off, it works fine. Display is normal, can change wattages, fires, etc.

However, any time you press the fire button when the screen is shut off and the screen goes wonky, mod doesn't respond. To get the screen back, you have to pull the battery out and put it back in. Only use +/- to wake it.

Sounds like a software bug to me?
    I don’t have the same experience with mine. While software could be to blame I’d expect widespread if that was the case.

• Informative

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    Thanks, I'll send them an email now. I did get an Inbox too, but it was to be a gift for somebody else. Maybe I'll 'move in' to the Inbox this weekend, lol.
    Use the Inbox. Love mine. :)

Bought it as my first squonker. Only downside is its somewhat complex menu system - which is not a problem if you’ve had a DNA device. (Think I’m the OP on this thread...)

• Informative

franck

ECF Veteran
    May 8, 2015
    California,USA
    Mine works ok,lights ok as well,the only thing is that on every battery change I have to reset my screen orientation,I never did the upgrade as my computer would not open the file,not a big deal cause my inbox works much better than the rsq any day,if I new the were coming out with v3 which as a silicon bottle now I would of never gotten the rsq,I think it works like a rock compared to the inbox,the button is silky smooth on the inbox as well compared to the stiff button the rsq as,oh well you live and learn,I'll keep it around for an emergency I guess but overall not thrilled with it,looking forward to the double barrel which is coming out with a dual 2700 sqonker which will look the same as the original double barrel but with bigger batteries and a sqonk feature,interesting,guess will have to see what it looks like but am sure it's going to be a bad mama jamma :pop:

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    I’ve had the Escribe beta running on my Mac for awhile now. Didn’t buy a DNA device until the beta was released for the DNA 75.

It’s that “Storyline” tour thing mentioned and linked above that I could not get to run.

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    MVS sent me a prepaid shipping label today and I got it dropped off at the post office to return to them. I'm hoping they can process it and get a replacement back on it's way to me by this weekend or early next week.

I ended up giving my friend the Inbox I bought for him, but I did pick up a Pulse. I've never used an unregulated mod before, so not sure if I'm going to wait for the new RSQ to arrive, or if I'll give the Pulse a try while I'm waiting. Been doing a lot of reading on it, and I've got a 0.4 build installed in a Wasp Nano ready to go. So I know the build will be safe in the Pulse with my batteries. Figured at a 0.4, I could use it on the Pulse, or wait for the RSQ.

Like I said, first squonking experience, so REALLY want to try it. What make it worse is the friend I bought the Inbox for is loving it. Haha. It's his first squonker too.

Almost hoping that I don't enjoy it too much. I have many RTA and RDTAs that I've never even opened/built yet. If I opened another rabbit hole here, then those tanks are going to collect dust for a while. :)

Will post back once I get my new RSQ, or in the Pulse thread if I end up not waiting until my RSQ gets replaced.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Almost hoping that I don't enjoy it too much. I have many RTA and RDTAs that I've never even opened/built yet. If I opened another rabbit hole here, then those tanks are going to collect dust for a while. :)
    Glad MVS is taking care of it.
    I run tanks and squonks reg/mech.
    No reason not to go down all the rabbit holes.
    Fire up that Pulse...:thumb:

• Agree
    Reactions: Fozzy71
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread