Rising e-cigarette sales spur call for regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

brooke2775

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2010
Mississipi
Electronic Cigarettes (e-Cigarettes)
I was checking this out, there is a link to report adverse effects from the ecig. What if we reported all the positive effects on this link? What you think? I know its meant for the negative effects, can positive effects be adverse?

Lol looks a bit complicated, nevermind.

Last edited:

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
I was checking this out, there is a link to report adverse effects from the ecig. What if we reported all the positive effects on this link? What you think? I know its meant for the negative effects, can positive effects be adverse?

Somewhere on here I read that last time people tried that, the NUMBER of adverse effects was reported, not the type. So a positive report on that link still counts as a negative report.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
We lived in small-enough communities that a good reputation
was more likely to help someone get laid than flashy money.
1-Tongue2_zpsf8a0dd3d.gif

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'm not a well educated person as far as gov't and politics but do agree that there is corruption involved. Given the right motives, I believe we can win this fight. It means combining together with the organizations that are on our side. It means getting creative in fighting back. How about we use our resources and put them to use, like CASAA. Let us come up with some solutions. Surely we are not this powerless to do something. This probably will sound sappy to y'all, but I do believe good triumphs over evil, however it chooses to show itself. Let's talk solutions.
While I couldn't agree more, it is kind of hard to put together a plan for action when you don't know what you're up against.
Rest assured that once we see the actual content of the proposed regulations, the ball is most definitely going to start rolling.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

Yeah, don't do this...

The only people that will read it are the FDA, and they already know how we feel.
But doing that WOULD give them the opportunity to add such a report to their count of how many reports there were.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I've wondered for a while why the FDA chose the 2007 date and the new search engine at ECF is pretty much useless finding information so I went to google and found this:

E Cigarette Brands & Manufacturers | eCigRankings.com

it seems to me that we aren't just dealing with BT and BP lobbyists or behind the scenes factions but the Chinese. From this it looks like some of the Chinese manufacturers are sitting pretty but American-made products will be up a creek getting approvals. And some of those Chinese companies will be happy to see their Chinese and American competitors obliterated. If the search engine didn't just give single terms, I could check out the legal history here but so far have struck out on that. Other than State prohibitive taxing, I'm okay using Joytech but would hate to see my favorite Boge cartos go.

Last edited:

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
I've wondered for a while why the FDA chose the 2007 date and the new search engine at ECF is pretty much useless finding information so I went to google and found this:

it seems to me that we aren't just dealing with BT and BP lobbyists or behind the scenes factions but the Chinese. From this it looks like some of the Chinese manufacturers are sitting pretty but American-made products will be up a creek getting approvals. And some of those Chinese companies will be happy to see their Chinese and American competitors obliterated. If the search engine didn't just give single terms, I could check out the legal history here but so far have struck out on that. Other than State prohibitive taxing, I'm okay using Joytech but would hate to see my favorite Boge cartos go.

From a purely selfish point of view, I have been buying mechanical mods and rebuildable atomizers and stocking up on cartos and nic 'just in case'. I won't need anything American made to be approved, I made it a point to have it in hand now, same with Chinese stuff manufactured 'after the fact'. If the worst does not come to pass at some point I will again be buying gear.

I don't want to have to be reliant on anything that I can't buy or recharge a battery for. Aside from a few older Egos I keep for old time's sake and the odd stealth vape situation I own nothing with a battery built into the unit.

Whatever my own circumstances are, I still am fighting for all the people who haven't made the decision to switch yet and might who would be deprived of that choice if the ANTZ win. The very idea that people would be deprived of a choice to change from something so potentially damaging to their health to an e cig is anathema to me. It's not only the choice but the limited choice if the FDA comes down on the side of the cigalike only, and that's a possibility.

The Chinese may be sitting pretty on their old out of date stuff, but the real enemy is here and present in the ANTZ and pharma. Never lose sight of that fact.

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
From a purely selfish point of view, I have been buying mechanical mods and rebuildable atomizers and stocking up on cartos and nic 'just in case'. I won't need anything American made to be approved, I made it a point to have it in hand now, same with Chinese stuff manufactured 'after the fact'. If the worst does not come to pass at some point I will again be buying gear.

I don't want to have to be reliant on anything that I can't buy or recharge a battery for. Aside from a few older Egos I keep for old time's sake and the odd stealth vape situation I own nothing with a battery built into the unit.

Whatever my own circumstances are, I still am fighting for all the people who haven't made the decision to switch yet and might who would be deprived of that choice if the ANTZ win. The very idea that people would be deprived of a choice to change from something so potentially damaging to their health to a e cig is anathema to me.

The Chinese may be sitting pretty on their old out of date stuff, but the real enemy is here and present in the ANTZ and pharma. Never lose sight of that fact.
True ...
BP and the ANTZ are the real enemy.
The FDA only does what their owners tell them to do.

For the benefit of new members ...
The FDA is NOT in place to protect your health.
They couldn't care less about health.
I know that doesn't make common sense ...
However, little that goes on in our government ... makes common sense.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I've wondered for a while why the FDA chose the 2007 date and the new search engine at ECF is pretty much useless finding information...
I think that for the most part the 2007 date has to do with when the FSPTCA was written.
I don't think it was expected to take so long to pass, nor so long for the regulations to be enacted.

Many people in the know have posited that a reasonable set of Demon Regulations will extend that date.
That would only be the reasonable thing to do, after all, but we shall see.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I think that for the most part the 2007 date has to do with when the FSPTCA was written.
I don't think it was expected to take so long to pass, nor so long for the regulations to be enacted.

Many people in the know have posited that a reasonable set of Demon Regulations will extend that date.
The owners of America will do as they please.
If they choose to do anything that is "reasonable" ... They have their reasons
and it would be safe to assume, their reasoning has nothing to do with promoting health.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran

The FDA did not choose the date. Read Bill Godshall's response #13 in this thread to find out where that came from. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...harm-products-might-not-become-reality-2.html

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa

Highly unlikely in my opinion. Look at what they've done with the thousands of applications for "substantially equivalent" products that are currently trying to get to market. Years have gone by for some and not one has been approved with no approval in sight. I hope I'm wrong, but I see ugly in our future.

space_thread

Verified Member
Feb 28, 2013
Olympia, WA
Fascinating thread. I believe that good ideas will win out in the long run (see AT&T v. T-Mobile, decriminalization/legalization of you know what, recent efforts to allow cell phone unlocking, etc.). Be smart, stay the course, and take positive action. Try to keep an open mind. Not everything that government does is bad. And conspiracy theories, while fun, can sometimes be counterproductive. Get the middle class, the soccer moms, and the suburban politicians on board and we will ultimately win. The public health benefits are simply to large for any sane person to ignore. If electronic cigarettes and their variants can reduce tobacco-related deaths by 5%, then we are potentially talking about saving as many lives in a 5-year period as all U.S. military causalities since WWII. Regulations surrounding sales to minors, product safety, indoor use, etc. are essentially no brainers and should actually be welcomed. It's kind of like the wild west out there right now. I think one of the bigger battles is going to be related to lost tobacco tax revenues. It's the same problem as newer, more more fuel efficient cars-- yes they are cleaner burning and use less fossil fuel, but they also generate less gas tax revenue which is used to fund the transportation system. E-cigarettes are a game changer- for governments, industries, corporations, local businesses, and consumers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread