• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Rochester area chit-chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
The box family...LOL

Attachments

• 2010-11-14_22-47-21_118.jpg
    2010-11-14_22-47-21_118.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 25

SuziesMom

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
NY
I hope you feel better CarrieM! I'm usually a night owl, and was dozing off on the way home- went so far as to test my blood sugar just to see what all that vaping did to me. It was totally normal!

Zen has done some cool stuff- both of you guys make really cool mods. I saw one guy with a power screwdriver mod. Yes, mega points for creativity, but it won't exactly fit in my purse! Personally, I'd probably just blister my fingers trying to solder.

Found this cheap on eBay:
USB Solar Battery Panel Charger for Cell Phone MP3 MP4 - eBay (item 130416006901 end time Nov-27-10 20:01:45 PST)

A solar powered 5.5v 1350 mAH battery charger- you guys could have fun with that. In the mean time I'll work on not pronouncing it "mah".

Last edited:

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
The cell/mp3 charger that I modded worked great for a week, then it died. The circuit can't handle the current draw of an atty... well... it can for a while, then the smoke comes out.

The output on the solar charger is only 1 amp of current, it will work, but it will not last long before the smoke fairies suck the life out of it... For those that are not aware, SMOKE is what makes electronic devices work. You will notice that when it fails, the smoke escapes and there's no way to put it back in... I've tried.

I'm working on a couple of VERY odd mods that I hope will be completed by the Christmas Party.

Think "That was easy" and you'll have a clue about one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread