• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Rochester area chit-chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Well it's official... I can kill 5 fully charged 14500 batteries vaping 3.7V in a single day at the rate of 3ml per Battery for a total of 15ml... Other interesting facts... at 16mg/ml, I stuffed 240mg of nicotine into my body.

I used to smoke Salem and they have 1.4mg of Nicotine per cigarette... (see chart@ Nicotine, Tar, and CO Content of Menthol Cigarette Brands )

SO, at 240mg of nicotine while vaping, that is the nicotine equivalence of smoking 171 analogs, or roughly 8 1/2 packs... In a single day.

Either I have the math wrong or I am actually dead, and this is all an illusion... would somebody please verify that I am actually alive?

SuziesMom

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
NY
You were alive as of Saturday! Your math appears to be correct- if you're DIY'ing the liquids, check that math as well to make sure you've mixed it properly.

Remember that there aren't any penetration enhancers in e-cigs- so no ammonia to paralyze your cillia so the nic gets into your system faster. At 10 mg the Nicotrol inhaler only raises the blood nicotine level about 1/3 as much as a cigarette. You also probably have a pretty good tolerance to nicotine too. I also tend to draw on ecigs a bit differently so I'm not sure I'm inhaling as much vapor as I did smoke. I do a lot of test puffs that wastes juice.

In the movie "Thank You For Smoking" the lead character is a lobbiest for the Big Tobacco- a bunch of anti-smoking folks abduct him and plaster him with nicotine patches to try to kill him. He lived because he was a chain smoker. The doctor stood over his bed and said "I never thought I'd say this, but smoking saved your life".

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
You were alive as of Saturday! Your math appears to be correct- if you're DIY'ing the liquids, check that math as well to make sure you've mixed it properly.

I buy 24mg juice and cut it with VG down to 14-16mg and add a couple drops of Loranns or Tasty Puff to kick the lavor back up... I'm pretty sure my juice is in the range I think it is.

I just tested my pulse... still here... thanks for the verification though, I needed it!

sl_rat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
Western, NY
Paul, the date is still being discussed

Hey Mike... do your best to try to discuss a different date than the 11th...LOL. My father in law hosts a big party every year and he already has that date. i love vaping, but if i don't attend his party, i'll have a problem vaping because he will choke me....LOL. i have major time limitations in December....as we all do. YIKES!!!! how about a christmas/new years thing after christmas or the first?

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Joe, I rarely accept anybody else's reality, so perhaps I HAVE altered the nic poisening rules to suit my own needs... but somehow that seems unlikely.

Since we're having a problem with availability of people in december, Would it be better if we can the Christmas Party because of the problem with a date, and call it a Cabin Fever Party, and hold it the first or second weekend of January?

If Not, The available dates I have in December are the 4th,5th,11th,12th... I would sure like to get a date when we ALL can make it.

pcijohn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
NY
JonnyVapΣ;2186412 said:
I'm still in the "don't know what the hell I want" phase...again. In fact, I have a box of 510 E2 R4 Cartomizers, 2.4-2.6 ohm, 5 pack sitting in my shopping cart right now. I've read all the good, and a lot of bad, but want to give them a try anyway.

Don't do it I have not been happy with them at all. I have one for you if you really want to try.

sl_rat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
Western, NY
i think that a post new year "cabin fever" party is a great idea Mike. the holidays get so crazy. i'd rather have a get together when i'm not looking at my watch and thinking about when i have to leave. the holiday season, combined with my birthday in mid december, makes me crazy like that. too much stuff going on and not enough time for chillin'. i think that more time is required since it seems that the group of cool Rochester people has apparently grown significantly since my last trip down the 90. i look forward to the prospect of meeting all of them. of course, this is a democracy of sorts, so whatever the group thinks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread