• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Rochester area chit-chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatherC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2010
New York
Ok ... Hi everyone! Yes its me!! Everyone run for cover. LOL I LOVE the idea of a get together AFTER christmas....it's just easier that way. Love the gift idea....10$ per sounds reasonable to me, although I would still say that even if someone can't bring something they should still come. Would love to do a coop order for east mall or whereever you are looking at Carrie. Not sure a christmas party would be the appropriate place to talk about a store coop either but I'd be interested in discussing that idea when and if there are others also interested. Had a terrific time at the meet!!! (However next time the kid stays home or at least with Grandma LOL)

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
Don't do it I have not been happy with them at all. I have one for you if you really want to try.

LOL...knowing my luck it would be the one bad one in the box.
I've actually fallen ill again and cannot vape at the moment (it's not a cold or flu). Kinda making me crazy since I literally have a PV stuck to my face any other time. Gonna take a while to recover from this.

Joed

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
Western NY - US
Nope 42, there is a requirement that he stay older than me :laugh:

LOL, 42 works for me. I'm fine with after Cabin Fever get together in January on the dates Carrie noted if it means more people can attend. The one thing to consider is that even though most. if not everyone would be available the weather may come into play especially for people that are coming from a distance. With people coming from Batavia, Ithaca, Williamson and other places it is highly likely that some of us may be in difficult travel weather on the date of the meet.

HeatherC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2010
New York
Carrie mentioned the 11th which works for us out here.......ummm as long as snow cooperates.....or doesn't as the case may be.

I agree with NY state paying for salt damage to vehicles!! GOOD IDEA Johnny LOL. Sorry to hear about your illness.

Thanks Paul for the Birthday wishes :) It was my last one!!!! anniversaries is all I celebrate from now on LOL

I also am with Mike....the earlier in January the better...and we're more likely to miss REALLY bad weather......ummm maybe i shouldn't have mentioned that......it might curse us.......But.......the earlier the better is good for us too!!

CarrieM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Rochester NY
Jonny, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, I am just getting over some sort of tummy bug myself, Didn't vape a whole lot the last couple of days myself.

Heather, Happy B'day. I totally get the anniversary thing lol.. and yes, I think the kids would rather stay behind this time. That's pretty much why I tossed out the dates I did :)

The carto's are actually from Boge, If I order 150 I can get them for around 90 cents each including shipping. We are going to want 50 or so ourselves. We can talk more at the meet or those who are interested can pm me and maybe if everyone has the funds I can possibly have them for delivery by then.

DesiG

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
Rochester NY
well I must have the constitution of an ox (or the personality of one, I'm always getting that mixed up) I didn't get sick after the meet. Anyway, meeting after the holidays would work for me too, probably better that right before I have finals- can you see me giving a final power point presentation jazzed up on nic? Not good! and Heather, happy birthday!

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
OK, so I spent the evening with my first CE2 cartos...

1) They are a pain in the .... to fill... the little filler thing that came with them won't pass juice... it was clogged from the start... thank goodness Desi gave me a blunt plastic needle for my syringe otherwise I'd still be trying to fill one.

2) The draw is a wee bit stiff for me, and that's a personal thing because I like it to be looser than most people

3) The fill DOES last a long time. Once they are filled, I chain vaped 1ml of juice in about 50 minutes, and I could have gone longer... these carts are pretty stingy with the juice, and don't need to be topped off as often, and that's good because filling them makes me shudder in fear.

4)They don't wick fast enough to use em with 5V... it gets ugly REALLY fast.

5) The Flavor on 3.7Vs is outrageously good. On 5V it's pretty bad, and harsh

SO, what do I think? In general, I don't like them. I love the flavor, I hate the hassle of using them. I'm going to put them on a variable using the NotCigs.com Terminator and dial in the optimum voltage for them, which I'm willing to bet is right around 4.1V-4.2V under load, or so. When I get around to that I'll let you in on my findings.

I'm glad I tried them, and I'm not surprised at the results, there has been a lot of talk about these and my experience seems to be consistent with most peoples results. I just had to try it myself.

HeatherC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2010
New York
Oh yeah that reminds me. What cartos should i be using with your mod zen? we need to stock up b4 we get them LOL.....
I have a lot of 510 cartos and some e2s (which I kinda like despite the hassle of filling them) would we be better off with LR cartos.....somehow I thought I recalled that they didn't work as well on 5v but work fine at 3.7 or 3.2 whatever we actually get.

We have 4 14500 batteries each.....that should do us for a little while at least....lol and we're in no hurry to get the mods.....we're just making sure we're geared up b4 they get here LOL

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Well, you do not want LR cartos on 5V, bad bad bad idea... standard cartos are fine, and the EC2s that I have are 2.4-2.6 ohm... a bit low to be called "standard"... 5V really likes in the 3 ohm range. Good old Boge standards are fine.

The tubes shipped from Chicago today after being engraved, so I should have them early next week, the circuits and everything else is ready to go... I'm working on a variable voltage upgrade for them as well, hopefully by the Winter Party I'll be upgrading you to variable!

DesiG

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
Rochester NY
Ok, I know that this is going to be a really stupid question..... my cartos (the only ones that I have tried) have a little plastic thingie that pops off and you just drip the juice right on to the filler. I don't even like to pop that plastic off, so I have been putting a drip tip on instead. I can't figure out where you would need a syringe to fill them?? I have had my carto's for 2-3 weeks and none of them have died yet either. clogged, yes, because my favorite raspberry tends to make the draw feel stiff, but not die. Today, I am going to try cleaning them by boiling. Science experiment in my kitchen today :)

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Desi, I usually use a drip tip on cartomizers too, and the "standard" cartos work fine with that... these new CE2s from Royal Smoke are a Royal Pain... they have no filler, just some wicking stuff that hangs into a juice area, and a series of rubber doo-dads that keep the juice in there... to fill it you squirt the juice in through a little tiny hole in the inner rubber thing... and by tiny, I mean microscopic.

It's bad enough my desk looks like a .... lab... now I have syringes to deal with as well...

My new goal in life... to make a CE2 R4 last a full day without making me angry in some way... so far this has been an epic failure.

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
...and after getting my post deleted in another thread I'm done with this toilet of a forum as well.

Reaponding with "Seriously..." to someone's "propper enghlish" and having some jackass moderator call it "being mean" for making fun of someones poor spelling and grammar on a FORUM where proper spelling and grammar are THE form of communication is absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread