"Rolls Royce" of E-cigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow, GA
Im really digging my Joye 510 Mega kit.... i find the vapor production on a 5v PT to be right what im looking for. But at a cost, im thinking the heat is killing the flavor of some of the juices ive tried on it. (RY4 in particular)

That being said, im looking for my next PV... (been at this a week...)

What would you/the masses.... consider to be the "Rolls Royce" of PV's.. bearing in mind that $$ doesnt always equal quality... lets here some thoughts on this please....

P.s ... atm im eyeing a mini vapestack from madvapes, dunno.. too many models to choose from and they all require math for me to figure out what their watts/volts/amp/btu's (yea thats right i just threw a British thermal unit in there) mean in terms of my vapehappiness

so yea...

/discuss

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
The Mini VapeStack looks intriguing, but I wouldn't describe it as the "Rolls Royce" of PV's. That title would better apply to models like the Precious, GG Telescopic, Super-Six, or upcoming Buzz or Meucci Vapor Cue.

Peruse ViZi's marvelous guide to mods learn more about those and many fine Lexus and Honda class models. [I used to use Toyota as my example of the outstanding automobile just below luxury class.:(]

You're right, there are a great "many models to choose from." For example, see youtubecommerical's vast collection:

March152010086.jpg

My advice: think about what you want from a PV. Size, shape, appearance, position and feel of the button, safety provisions, intensity*, etc. Then track down the model that comes closest to your ideal (at a price you are willing to pay).

* It is the intensity that entails the volts, ohms, and watts (not sure about the BTU), but it is really not that complicated. It used to be that all people would talk about on ECF was voltage: 3.7V, 5V, or 6V, or even 7.4V (which I don't get, unless instantly frying atomizers is a more thrilling experience than I imagine). But what we all care about (whether we know it or not) is watts (i.e., power).

And that is based on both battery voltage and atomizer resistance (ohms). If you can do basic multiplication and division (or delegate it to your calculator or spreadsheet), you can calculate and understand it. Watts = Volts X Volts / Ohms. So increasing the volts or lowering the ohms will increase the watts. The "sweet spot" (widely regarded as 9 to 12 watts) used to be associated with a regular atomizer on a 5V mod (e.g., two 3.0V batts + a resistor or regulator to dampen the total 6V down to 5V).

That still works (but stacking batteries, especially unprotected ones, can be dangerous). The advent of low-resistance atomizers now makes possible the same 9 to 12 watt "sweet spot" experience with a high mAh 3.7V battery. [BTW, 9 to 12 watts is not for everyone or all the time. I like it, when I want a quick hit. For long, lingering vaping sessions, I prefer something lower.]

The vape from my new low-resistance 801 atty on a DSE905 V3 (with 3.7V 900 mAH 14500 battery) feels just like I remember my regular 801 atty on the Prodigy V1, but in a much smaller package.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread