RTA or suggestions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHolly

ECF Veteran
  • Apr 1, 2014
    Kennesaw, GA. USA
    Hi, my Lemo2’s have been my go to for um... 5 years.

All replacement parts have been found at fasttech. This RTA has been good for me but looking for an update. I’ve also got a Vandy Pluse Bf Sqonk that collects dust.
    I make my juice at VG 70/30, prefer single coil builds, 3+ ML capacity tanks, new “Kits” are welcome too.
    Still using 18650’s but most need replacing.

Any suggestions for something reliable that can take a little abuse?

Hope y’all get a smile from this blast from the past:)
    Thanks

25EC5C7A-A45D-44BE-AF98-D13FD1C4A6F9.jpeg

Reactions: Falconeer

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The standard suggestion for “takes abuse” is one of the ruggedized mods. There are several out these days. The ageis line was the originators and are well thought of. There is also the jackaroo, which is a 1 battery 2x700 device. There are a couple of others as well but I am less familiar and can’t think of them off hand.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Hi, my Lemo2’s have been my go to for um... 5 years.

All replacement parts have been found at Fasttech. This RTA has been good for me but looking for an update. I’ve also got a Vandy Pluse Bf Sqonk that collects dust.
    I make my juice at VG 70/30, prefer single coil builds, 3+ ML capacity tanks, new “Kits” are welcome too.
    Still using 18650’s but most need replacing.

Any suggestions for something reliable that can take a little abuse?

Hope y’all get a smile from this blast from the past:)
    Thanks

View attachment 831347
    There's a new dual 18650 mod out by Vandy vape called the Swell. Built to take knocks and is light weight unlike the Aegis and Jackaroo. If you want another top airflow single coil RTA you could look at the Serpent Elevate. Good hunting

Reactions: DHolly

DHolly

ECF Veteran
  • Apr 1, 2014
    Kennesaw, GA. USA
    Thanks Bomb, maybe I shouldn’t have included “abuse” but rather sturdy?
    After all, I am using 5 year old mods :)

There's a new dual 18650 mod out by Vandy vape called the Swell. Built to take knocks and is light weight unlike the Aegis and Jackaroo. If you want another top airflow single coil RTA you could look at the Serpent Elevate. Good hunting

Thanks, I’ll take a look at them!

A single battery is preferred. If it takes a different/better battery than 18650, that’s ok.
    My 18650’s are needing replaced... appreciate ya!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thanks Bomb, maybe I shouldn’t have included “abuse” but rather sturdy?

Thanks, I’ll take a look at them!

A single battery is preferred. If it takes a different/better battery than 18650, that’s ok.
    My 18650’s are needing replaced... appreciate ya!

In the waterproof/run it over proof category for mods:

Geekvape Aegis Solo 100w mod

Vandy Vape Jackaroo mod

My favourite single 18650 mod for hand feel, reliability and ease of use:
    Asmodus Colossal 80w mod Use code JULYTHE4th for 20% discount.

And as for the RTAs - greater than 3ml but are you using the lemo 2s as mtl, restricted lung hits, or DL?

Reactions: DHolly

sparkey909w

ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I just bought an geek vape aegis solo 100w solely for work to take some knock around. I have not tested the abuse side yet. It is rather small and comfortable to carry around. So far i really like it. Single 18650 and i am using lg hg2 3000mah battery. Hitting it hard at 45 watts i go through 1.5 battery in a shift. But better at 25 watts. Hope this helps

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    maybe I shouldn’t have included “abuse” but rather sturdy?
    There's not really a middle ground. It'll either be flimsy or rugged. IMO with the prevalence of hard flooring almost everybody can benefit from the peace of mind provided by a ruggedized mod. Having lost mods to drops in the past, I was thrilled when the Geekvape Aegis line filled that niche.

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    @DHolly Hey......You got a lot of suggestions for mods but I see your title starts with RTAs. I loved the Lemo and have 3 of them with different modifications. However, I retired them after realizing the flavor production was not up to par with other RTAs. What are your preferences? Do you want bottom or top air? MTL, restricted lung? Shortie or long? With 5 years experience building the Lemo you could easily switch to the 2019 Kayfun Lite if you don't mind bottom fill. If MTL is not your thing there are MANY options. Too many to mention here. Could you be more specific in your needs/wants? I just got the Aromamizer Lite, MTL/Restricted Lung RTA which is known for its well machined design and classic longevity. The flavor production is very good for an RTA and I've been enjoying it so far. Great air flow, smooth and solid. But, like I said....there's so many new attys and we would need more info from you. Best of luck on your quest.:)

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Hello @DHolly, forgive me for assuming but you're an MTL vaper?

If so, there's a lot more options available nowadays. As there's been a resurgence of MTL rebuildable atomisers.

For a mod, there's a few choices at different price ranges.

Geekvape Aegis SOLO, is the small Aegis with a removable replaceable battery. It's dust, shock, water resistant and because of this will survive life better.

Vandy Vape Jackaroo, Vandy Vape's retort to the Aegis (dust, shock and water resistant). But it can use a 21700 cell, unfortunately though you need an external battery charger as the mod does not have onboard charging.

SXmini SL class is not cheap, but is a reasonably hardwaring high end mod that uses a 21700 cell.

Smoant Battlestar Mini, it's a cheap decent single 18650 cell mod. The zinc alloy construction will survive some reasonable punishment and the chipset isn't too shabby at all.

I'm sure that folks can help by adding to the list though, as that's some I can recall.

For Atomizers though there's many different choices indeed, for your Squonk though you could try a Vapefly Holic MTL RDA (and yes it's a single coil MTL RDA).

Tripod RTA clone, can be setup for MTL or DTL. It's a bit of a kit, but sounds interesting for most folks.

Hussar project X MTL clone, a recent appearance to the market. You'd have to look into that.

Kayfun lite 2019 RTA, clone or original.

Exvape Expromizer V4 RTA, reasonably priced top airflow MTL atomiser that is designed to keep up with the high end. @Shawn Hoefer reviewed them first in his top air thread.

Some info on the Expromizer V4.
    Top air RTAs
    eXpromizer
    Still one of the coolest names - ExVape Expromizer V4 Review

DHolly

ECF Veteran
  • Apr 1, 2014
    Kennesaw, GA. USA
    Wow thanks for all the suggestions, it really helps. There’s SO many new devices out now, it was overwhelming.
    Y’all have gave me direction:)

Sorry, yes I should’ve added, MTL.
    Not real sure on the air flow preference. I leave the lemo2 air flow wide open, it’s on the bottom and its all that I’ve ever used.
    Also, I tend to chain vape in the evenings after limited vaping throughout the day.
    I’ve got a good battery charger and a few 21700 (I think) that I bought for the Squonk but don’t mind buying new batteries.
    Thanks a ton!

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    I think that the Expromizer V4 would certainly interest you @DHolly, it's pretty easy to work with and it's a quiet MTL RTA (not too many of those around).

But certainly consider one of the recent MTL RDA's for your Squonker, if you keep a lookout on the forums you can find items that are reduced.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Airy mtl is my guess? I'm in that bracket.

The Coppervape Hussar Project X clone RTA has amazing flavour, easy to build and wick.

The Cthulhu Hastur Mtl RTA is another winner - it's bulletproof, never leaked, gurgled or dry hit. Awesome flavour too. It has air inserts ranging from 1mm through to 3.5mm my fave is 2.5mm for an awesome airy mtl draw.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    • Love
    Reactions: AngeNZ
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread