Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
There are a bunch of KFL and R91 threads that you can search for. For a cool vape, perhaps something around 2ohms? 28awg Kanthal should work fine. I use Ekowool, although silica and cotton would work too. I like to vape 1.3ohms to 1.5ohms on a mechanical (4.2v to 3.7v), but I like "low resistance" and a warm vape.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
That's awesome. I'm excited. Gonna order mine tonight. Is there a thread on here that anyone follows devoted to the Russian? I'm gonna be ordering it and then leaving town so it's just gonna be sitting. It's gonna kill me.

Here's my next question:
I like a nice cool vape and I enjoy to vapor production but it's not a breaking point for me. I'm beginning to prefer less throat hit and harshness. What sort of wire and thread should I be looking for for these type of results? What ohm should I be trying to build my coils to?

You'll have to mess with it a bit to find your personal sweet spot, but I like around 2 ohms. I bought a 100' spool off Amazon for $6 or 7. I went with 32g for a slightly higher resistance, but I twist 2 strands together for better surface area. You want a decent number of wraps generally. 11 wraps, 1/16" ID of twisted 32g gets me a consistent 1.9 ohms. I also found I like my built coils a touch lower than I like my cartos for a similar experience. If you use SR cartos you may want a touch over 2 ohms, if you like LR cartos, probably a touch under 2.

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
A place some call paradise
You'll have to mess with it a bit to find your personal sweet spot, but I like around 2 ohms. I bought a 100' spool off Amazon for $6 or 7. I went with 32g for a slightly higher resistance, but I twist 2 strands together for better surface area. You want a decent number of wraps generally. 11 wraps, 1/16" ID of twisted 32g gets me a consistent 1.9 ohms. I also found I like my built coils a touch lower than I like my cartos for a similar experience. If you use SR cartos you may want a touch over 2 ohms, if you like LR cartos, probably a touch under 2.

My taste in resistance seems to fluctuate based upon the juices I use but my two favorite juices I appear to like on sr cartos

mrmack00

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Texas
I just got mine from vapor kings and the center pin is too short. The minimal amount of tightening required to keep the positive block from twisting around leaves the bottom center pin recessed to deeply. There's no contact and I can't I can't test the ohms on my provari or my ohm reader. Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SpettroJoe

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Carthage, Mo
I just got mine from vapor kings and the center pin is too short. The minimal amount of tightening required to keep the positive block from twisting around leaves the bottom center pin recessed to deeply. There's no contact and I can't I can't test the ohms on my provari or my ohm reader. Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

what kind did you get? if it is the russian it should have a adjustable center pin

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Something kind of important that I just figured out recently... doh... don't fill from just unscrewing the top without the bottom being slightly unscrewed, so you can turn it upside down to screw back in to form a vaccume in the tank... mine kept leaking at odd times for no reason til I realized I wasn't filling it with a vaccume...:blink:

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
So the Russian is a good enough clone that everything on the kayfun threads would apply as far as building coils?

Yup. Even the larger Kayfuns. Basically the big Kayfun (the 3.1) has an extra part on the bottom. They redesigned that into the KFL (partly because these things are pretty darn heavy). Some wanted the air control back so they made the KFL+. One of the designers of the KFL/KFL+ made some minor design changes, took those to China & made the Russian 91%. The deck where you put your coil/wick is the same on all of them, as is the electrical mechanics.

identical copy with the exception of the drip tip, that on the russian requires the use of a 510 adapter (included in the kit), so yes, as far as builds are concerned they work the same

There's more differences than just that, but coil builds/general performance aren't affected by them.

Last edited:

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
Heaven... is...

WP_20140113_15_04_37_Pro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread