<< Russian 91% Question >>

Status
Not open for further replies.

elenamylove

Sep 16, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Quick questions - My local BM store has an authentic Russian 91% for $100 - Since I'm a mouth to lung hitter and perfer a tighter draw this might be worth spending the cash on... Should I go for a clone or is the authentic worth spending the extra money on?

Also, if I do decide to buy it I'd like to make sure its really authentic so what should I look out for when purchasing?

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Personally I would go with a clone. It is worth seeing whether you actually like the device before you splash out on an original, it might not be fitting for your vaping style or needs.
Check the reviews of the specific clone you are thinking of getting, that way you can be sure that it isn't a lemon before buying.

The good clones you should not really be able to see a difference with the original, sometimes the threading is slightly smoother on the original, but not always.

As for how to tell the difference, if you feel light of wallet and have slight 'buyers' remorse' then you probably have an original... ;)

Equilibrium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Georgia
Personally I would go with a clone. It is worth seeing whether you actually like the device before you splash out on an original, it might not be fitting for your vaping style or needs.
Check the reviews of the specific clone you are thinking of getting, that way you can be sure that it isn't a lemon before buying.

The good clones you should not really be able to see a difference with the original, sometimes the threading is slightly smoother on the original, but not always.

As for how to tell the difference, if you feel light of wallet and have slight 'buyers' remorse' then you probably have an original... ;)

The OP is looking at the Russian 91% which is in theory a clone of the kayfun BUT priced the same. If I were gonna drop $100 - $125 on a RTA, I'd want it to be the original. AND the Russian's positive post is known to loosen up causing a short.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
The OP is looking at the Russian 91% which is in theory a clone of the kayfun BUT priced the same. If I were gonna drop $100 - $125 on a RTA, I'd want it to be the original. AND the Russian's positive post is known to loosen up causing a short.

One advantage that the R91 has over the KFL is that it has an adjustable center pin. This comes in really handy when using a hybrid adapter or getting it to sit flush with different mods and battery combinations. You can actually get a R91 positive post with an adjustable center pin and use it on the KFL. I have a KFL and three R91s and I've never had the R91 positive post loosen up and cause a short. It's recommended that people use a spare o-ring that comes with the R91 and put it on the adjustable center pin to prevent such problems.

Another feature that the R91 has that some people prefer over the KFL is that the AFC is on the side as opposed to the bottom. This lets people adjust the AFC on the R91 without taking it off of a mod. I never adjust the airflow so it's not an important feature for me.

olefolks

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Lewisville, TX, USA
Not going to get into which has what. I have owned both of these authentic attys and they are both good. However, if I were in your position I would not hesitate to purchase this:Black Edition Kayfun V3 - Custom Mod Creation. It functions as good as or better than the other ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread