S&S MODS Home of the DEFCON MINI RE-BUILDABLE ATTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quit4myKids

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
Just wanted to give a report to everyone here. I got my DC minis in one of the recent orders that Chopper sent out. I will say that even though I have been one of those that experienced a leaking issue, Chopper has been all over the problem and has been more helpful than any other vendor that I have dealt with for any product. Considering how new the DCs are, they are remarkably well thought out, and they perform better than any other atty/carto/clearo that I have ever used, including dripping. In fact, even though Chopper wanted me to send them both back so he could figure out the leak problems, I'm going to hang on to one of them so I can use it while my other one is being fixed.

I never thought that I would rather use an atomizer with a leak over a something that didn't leak (like my CE4+ or CE5), just because of the taste and performance.

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
I just want to add that long as you have the DC or Atom I will offer a lifetime repair for it.So 5 years from now and you are still using one and something happens and it stops to work.Then God willing if I'm still alive I will fix it for nothing.You could say a lifetime parts and labor warranty for free lol.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I just want to add that long as you have the DC or Atom I will offer a lifetime repair for it.So 5 years from now and you are still using one and something happens and it stops to work.Then God willing if I'm still alive I will fix it for nothing.You could say a lifetime parts and labor warranty for free lol.

That is HUGE, my friends! Chopper, that needs to be up front in bold lettering. Nice move, way to stand by your word. Oldschool.

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
That is HUGE, my friends! Chopper, that needs to be up front in bold lettering. Nice move, way to stand by your word. Oldschool.

Thank you and I just wanted people to know that even after I get their money the service will never stop.I know Ive bought things and something goes wrong,then the seller just ignores you.I may be late at times answering some PM's or questions but I will try my best to answer each and all.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010

no, it's not! ;) i got to know chopper as the kind of guy who would offer to help and fix even before the dcs and before money was involved!

Foxman

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Trussville al

Thats why this thread has EXPLODED since it started, lol. Wish our govt would ****** Well never mind, lol It's why I can't wait to get one. Then I'll have to buy stock in my juice supplier, lol

Quit4myKids

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
As a long-time PV user (from before e-cigs were referred to as PVs), and one of the grateful recipients of Chopper's help (and his product), I can't say enough about this man's integrity and honesty. The fact that he talks in the forum about the issues that have been reported to him doesn't mean that the DC has a bunch of problems, it means that he is working harder to eliminate every problem as he becomes aware of them, and is staying completely transparent through the entire process. That is something that you just won't see anyone else doing. Look at how many products have hundreds of posts on ECF about sticky buttons, leaky tanks, etc..., and the reports of the manufacturer telling the customer that they have never heard of it being a problem before. An unconditional lifetime warranty on parts and labor? Show me such a thing on -ANY- vaping-related product, no matter how expensive! I spent over $200 at a well-known vendor, and had to resort to posting here about my poor experiences with them to even get them to honor the warranty that they posted on their website! I know I don't have to worry about that with Chopper and S&S Mods. No, I'm not related to Chopper, not getting discounts or preferential treatment from him, and have no vested interest in his business (other than wanting his business to thrive so I can continue buying his products!).

I believe that while the product he is putting out may not be a Rolls Royce, it is certainly the Honda of genesis-style atomizers. That is to say, Chopper is producing solid hardware at an price that nobody is close to matching.

Leading-edge technology priced for the masses = Success for S&S Mods

Chopper, keep up the great work! Take care of your health - we want you to stay in the game for the long term!

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
As a long-time PV user (from before e-cigs were referred to as PVs), and one of the grateful recipients of Chopper's help (and his product), I can't say enough about this man's integrity and honesty. The fact that he talks in the forum about the issues that have been reported to him doesn't mean that the DC has a bunch of problems, it means that he is working harder to eliminate every problem as he becomes aware of them, and is staying completely transparent through the entire process. That is something that you just won't see anyone else doing. Look at how many products have hundreds of posts on ECF about sticky buttons, leaky tanks, etc..., and the reports of the manufacturer telling the customer that they have never heard of it being a problem before. An unconditional lifetime warranty on parts and labor? Show me such a thing on -ANY- vaping-related product, no matter how expensive! I spent over $200 at a well-known vendor, and had to resort to posting here about my poor experiences with them to even get them to honor the warranty that they posted on their website! I know I don't have to worry about that with Chopper and S&S Mods. No, I'm not related to Chopper, not getting discounts or preferential treatment from him, and have no vested interest in his business (other than wanting his business to thrive so I can continue buying his products!).

I believe that while the product he is putting out may not be a Rolls Royce, it is certainly the Honda of genesis-style atomizers. That is to say, Chopper is producing solid hardware at an price that nobody is close to matching.

Chopper, keep up the great work! Take care of your health - we want you to stay in the game for the long term!

Speechless!!!! what can one say to this?Thank you so much is the only words I can find at this moment.

Sick HP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota

Good post I feel the same way:thumb:

I didn't need to buy from Chopper (I have a few repairable atty's already) I wanted to buy from and support an American modder we need this in our community, if the FDA does crack down on ecigs and makes it hard or illegal to get supplies well let them try and stop me from buying kanthal/mesh or silica wick the nic for the juice might be harder to get but I'm dropping my level slowly to the point one day I will just be vaping 100% vg.

So my hats off to Chopper for being a stand up guy getting on here and telling it like it is. Any time you have a new product there will be growing pains and I like the way Chopper is working it out.

-Dan

NC_Fog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Central N.C.
Resistance heating wire Kanthal A 32 awg 200 ft now available on eBay again...

Sold Out

Resistance heating wire Kanthal A 32 awg 200 ft, | eBay

This is for the A and not the A1. It really probably doesn't matter for what we are using it for.

Chopper if you have a problem with me posting Kanthal availability just let me know and I will delete this post and cease from doing it again. Just thought it would be helpful for those looking for it.

Marty

Last edited:

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
Resistance heating wire Kanthal A 32 awg 200 ft now available on eBay again...

Resistance heating wire Kanthal A 32 awg 200 ft, | eBay

This is for the A and not the A1. It really probably doesn't matter for what we are using it for.

Chopper if you have a problem with me posting Kanthal availability just let me know and I will delete this post and cease from doing it again. Just thought it would be helpful for those looking for it.

Marty

You can post what ever you like, to help out other people, I don't mind at all.

bombshellECHO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
A, A

Very well put and id rather buy a honda over a rolls any day anyhow!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I am getting ready to place my first order for a DC. I have had alot of interest, and have been reading this thread. I am a bit nervous that I will not know how to rebuild it. However the support available through this thread is great. The deciding factor on my order was the stated lifetime guarantee.

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
Good post I feel the same way:thumb:

I didn't need to buy from Chopper (I have a few repairable atty's already) I wanted to buy from and support an American modder we need this in our community, if the FDA does crack down on ecigs and makes it hard or illegal to get supplies well let them try and stop me from buying kanthal/mesh or silica wick the nic for the juice might be harder to get but I'm dropping my level slowly to the point one day I will just be vaping 100% vg.

So my hats off to Chopper for being a stand up guy getting on here and telling it like it is. Any time you have a new product there will be growing pains and I like the way Chopper is working it out.

-Dan

Thanks Dan for the support and I appreciate what you wrote.

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
Well I found a new way to build the DC leak proof.The problem is I would have to wait until probably Mon or Tues of next week before I would have the stuff in.What do you all think I should do?Build what I can with what I have on hand now with the small supply order I got in yesterday.Or wait until I can get the what I'm talking about in and build what I have on hand now so its leak proof.I know some are waiting and I would like to get the few that I can make now to some that are waiting.Then I risk the chance of a leak and while I don't mind at all fixing them if one should return it.I just don't want you to go even longer waiting for me to fix it.I hope all this makes sense.Can I get a poll at what I should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread