The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sad day - ReosMods closing down

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by hazozita, Aug 19, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hazozita

hazozita Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    To add in a e-liquid maker, Johnson Creek. Their TN Cured and Original were two of my favorites.

Just noticed that I own at least two (and usually more) mods from each of those 5 companies. I might be a bad luck omen for companies I like...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    No, they were small American businesses who just suffered the fate of being made in America. All were good companies that made a great product, but couldn't compete financially with the huge China companies. We've become a disposable society; people are no longer willing to pay more for things that will last. Why pay $100 - $200 for a durable quality mod when you can buy several crappy ones for the same price?

In the case of PureSmoker, they were sued by a customer whose mechanical mod exploded and was sued into bankrupcy.

You had good taste in the mods you chose.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. SKYYcamel

SKYYcamel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    Sadly I sold off all my Reo's, Silver Bullets and Puresmoker Prodigy's years ago. If only I'd known then what I know now......

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Same here. The only mechs I still have is a SB and a Reo Grand.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SKYYcamel

SKYYcamel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    Another mod I wish I would've kept. (not my pic, but mine was similar)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. AlexEdler
    This message by AlexEdler has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, May 7, 2020, Reason: Spammer.
    Aug 26, 2019
  7. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Nice collection, tw3k! My collection of mods probably would maybe fill one layer standing up in a shoe box. Looks like yours would need two or three boxes!

8. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I agree. Most of us bought a nice mod or two before the China syndrome hit with cheap mods. It's hard to spend $200 or more for a mod that's hand machined steel when one that looks good and works well is $49.95.

Quality in many Chinese mods isn't what it could be. The last Pico 75W I bought came in with a slight rock when you set it down on a table. The wattage adjustment rocker switch protrudes slightly from the bottom plate. You can almost blow on it and knock it over.

• Like Like x 1
  9. tw33k

tw33k Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

thanks. i have too many mods and am in the process of packing them all away and keeping only 6 or 7 in rotation. i've been swapping all my RDAs for the Profile mesh. my aim is to run 5 or 6 of them on regulated mods (i have 5 now) and have 1 or 2 mechs running as well

10. Nboprc

Nboprc Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 21, 2014
    Iowa
    Is there any info on fixing a short in the adjustable 510 one of the reos I just got from the store closing has a shorted 510 and can’t seem to figure out where it’s shorting at. Any help would be appreciated never had a problem with my other reos. But this 14500 is giving me fits.

11. Horselady154

Horselady154 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    Which ones did you get rid of?

12. Irish Messing

Irish Messing Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    GA, USA
    Are you sure it's the 510 (ie: the spring is collapsing if you fire it with no atty)? Feel free to PM me if you want so we don't take this thread OT. I just got onto the Mini 1.0 bandwagon after having "normal size" Reos for 5 years. I'm loving my 14500, wish I had grabbed a few other things before they closed shop. Sad days indeed.

-Drew

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nboprc

Nboprc Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 21, 2014
    Iowa
    If anyone knows where I can find a center pin for a non adjustable reo grand please let me know I thought I had a spare but no such luck. Hate to be down a Reo.
    Thanks
    Neill

• Like Like x 1
  14. jifjifjif

jifjifjif Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2011
    Vape Canaveral, FL
    Center pin went out in yesterday's mail. Merry Christmas. :headbang:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  15. MsLoud

MsLoud Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2013
    Lake-life
    What's the name of this mod? Is it a 14500?

16. MsLoud

MsLoud Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2013
    Lake-life
    Anyone know if Eric is still answering emails? Looking for a few REO Minis 14500 and little atties.

17. inswva

inswva Do you even squonk, bro? Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feeling nostalgic... The Grand SL/LP was one of my all time favorite mods. Not sure how many Grands I owned over the years but this pic represents one of my favorite setups - SL/LP with Catfish'd Derringers x 4.

edit: I remember when REOs lasted maybe five minutes when listed on the ECF classifieds. I snagged more than a couple from being at the right place, at the right time. Those were the days.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. inswva

My Imgur gallery is full of good memories... RIP REO and Pdib.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. inswva

Actually forgot that I owned a P67, lol....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. inswva

And, a pic of the last REO I owned... always wanted a Kawi green SL/LP Grand. I'm done here, sorry for the spammy pic posts. Love you Rob!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  21. azzaman

azzaman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Just heard this news. I gave away vaping for a few years. And just got addicted to nic gum instead. I can tell you the gum is far worse. Decided to get back into vaping and thought I'd google reos..can't believe they are gone. I gave away all my mods years ago. Such a shame..they are solid and hard hitting when you get it right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1