Samsung 40T 4000mAh 30A 21700 & Golisi i2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, this is my very first post here.

I got last week two Samsung 40T 4000mAh 30A 21700 & a Golisi i2 charger and unfortunately I notice that they don't full charge at 4000mAh. Once the charge is 100% full the display shows me values between 2.850mAh/3.100mAh. The charging process is around three hours and a half which seems too fast considering the size of the batteries.

The batteries seem to be original Samsung as they have all the codes printed on the external film. Probably the Golisi i2 is not capable to fully charge them? Do I have to change charger at this point?

Thanks in advance for your help and answers.

Dionysios -

Reactions: stols001
Hi all, this is my very first post here.

Actually I made an error to post it initially under the "General Vaping Discussion".
Maybe the administrator can delete that topic...

I got last week two Samsung 40T 4000mAh 30A 21700 & a Golisi i2 charger and unfortunately I notice that they don't full charge at 4000mAh. Once the charge is 100% full the display shows me values between 2.850mAh/3.100mAh. The charging process is around three hours and a half which seems too fast considering the size of the batteries.

The batteries seem to be original Samsung as they have all the codes printed on the external film. Probably the Golisi i2 is not capable to fully charge them? Do I have to change charger at this point?

Thanks in advance for your help and answers.

Dionysios -

• Optimistic

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
I might speculate that the charger is reporting the approx mAh that is restored to the battery versus a live "capacity" reading.
IF the cell was at 0%, it should "take" approx 4000 mAh. In general, we charge our batteries when they reach 3.2volts so the cell will never be able to "take" an additional 4000mAh, but will be "refilled" with 2800-3000 mAh to reach it's discharge capacity. (~4000mAh)

(First cup of coffee, so I might be completely wrong.)
HTH
Cheers
I

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks for answering!

I was thinking the same but I use a Vaporesso Armour Pro and to arrive at the end of the day I use two of those batteries. I was hoping with one only to make it through.

Maybe I am wrong as well, (first cup of coffee)...

D,
How many watts/volts are you asking each cell to deliver?
If you are in the 40w range, you should have great battery life.
In the 75w-80W range, the cells will deplete much more quickly.
Voltage at approx 3.2V will give you close to maximum battery life.

HTH
I

D,
How many watts/volts are you asking each cell to deliver?
If you are in the 40w range, you should have great battery life.
In the 75w-80W range, the cells will deplete much more quickly.
Voltage at approx 3.2V will give you close to maximum battery life.

HTH
I

I am at 36W, 3.7V maximum so I thought a single 4000mAh would do a bit more.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I am at 36W, 3.7V maximum so I thought a single 4000mAh would do a bit more.
Steam engine estimates:
upload_2018-9-9_13-32-44.jpeg

How long are your pulls?
How many ml of liquid do you use per battery?
Perhaps the Vaporesso device suffers from some inefficiencies or has a high parasitic loss.
If you insert a full battery and DO NOT vape, how quickly does the unit discharge the cell?

Cheers
I

• Useful
Steam engine estimates:
View attachment 765605

How long are your pulls?
How many ml of liquid do you use per battery?
Perhaps the Vaporesso device suffers from some inefficiencies or has a high parasitic loss.
If you insert a full battery and DO NOT vape, how quickly does the unit discharge the cell?

Cheers
I

Wow!!! Steam engine is cool! So one battery should long 22 minutes???
My pulls are 5 sec long usually and I've never counted how much ml of liquid I am vaping with one battery.
I should try to leave a full battery for the discharge test.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've got a Revenger and I can definitely attest that (while I enjoy it) it is a battery hog. For one, it has a clock, and while I've fond that simpler internal battery Vapresso offerings (like the Tarot Nano) actually give rather excellent runtime, the Revenger doesn't. I think the board is inefficient, (you can't really change that) and I also think some of the bells and whistles (some if which most certainly can be turned off and WILL affect battery life) it is possible that you've just gotten an inefficient board in there.

I haven't heard a ton of users complaining drastically about battery life (they usually just say they really like their mods) I also don't think that many of them are supremely concerned or really investigating battery life either.

If you have authentic cells from a reputable vendor, I'm with Izan I'd be more inclined to look at your mod's performance (and ALSO, sometimes very important to battery life) where your mod cuts off, mods do have differences there also and it can sometimes be a rather significant difference.

I have mods that will turn themselves off when not in use, and that happens to be a feature that also tends to increase my battery life with the very minimal annoyance of waiting oh, one second after I hit the fire button for the mod to return to "ready to vape" and the couple that I have that do that, it makes a pretty significant difference

Good luck though, and I hope you get it figured out,

Anna

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I can get a whole day off of a single 40T. The way I vape, and the wattage I use could be different than you which could be a major factor. I tend to chain vape for about 5-10 minutes, then put it down for an hour or two. My mod is usually set at ~45w.

The mod has a whole lot to do with battery life. Some are better than others at efficiently using the avaliable power. Some mods will drain batteries lower and than others. Lights, clocks, screen size, screen brightness, and any other extra features the chip offers will effect the performance. While some features are very handy and are nice to have, others can just be a drain on the battery and offer little to no positive effects for your vaping experiance.

Some chargers do charge batteries to around 4.15v while others will go to the full 4.2v. There are also some that let you choose where your charger stops charging.

If you have a charger that doesn't fully charge the batteries, and a mod that uses a lot of battery power, even the best performing batteries may seem to be less than stellar.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Which charger is that? Been looking for one I can set to only charge to 4.1

I will look it up. It wasn't listed for any specific type of battery, but it does nimh, lipo, li ion, life, and a couple others and is fully adjustable. You have to get different cables for it to do different plugs and battery types. It might have been something like the Imax B6 maybe.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
  • Informative

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Which charger is that? Been looking for one I can set to only charge to 4.1
    The SkyRC mc3000 Charger is programmable and I believe you can set it to charge to whatever you want. It is 4-Bay and costs around $100 but it’s supposed to be a good charger with lots of capabilities. Just something you might want to check out.

Thanks to all for your comments!
    I tried the Steam Engine with my values and it gives me 20 minutes of autonomy so I guess everything is clear to me now.

A single 4.000mAh battery + a resistance 0,3Ω should give me almost 241 puffs autonomy which I confirm.
    So the mod is not a problem and Golisi i2 charges the battery well. I just hoped with those batteries to get a bit more of autonomy and now that I found out the Steam engine thanks to you everything is clear to me.

Thanks again!

Dionysios -

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread