• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Santa's coming early to KittyKorner on cvcn.ca! Don't miss this Friday's show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
$10 extra per month with first month trial free.... for a jump from 460Kbps upload to 2.3Mbps upload..... supposed to be an extra 5Mbps down, but speedtests aren't reflecting that. Naturally, they are blaming my wireless router, and I haven't the time right now to fool around and try to prove them wrong lol

Test a direct connection. You can be surprised how often routers are the cause to blame.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
Test a direct connection. You can be surprised how often routers are the cause to blame.

Fair enough. I'm willing to do the testing and log my results before I complain any more. I used to work in IT (just a junior tech), so I should be able to set up a router, but then again that was MANY moons ago, and I sometimes think that I've forgotten more than I knew ;)

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Fair enough. I'm willing to do the testing and log my results before I complain any more. I used to work in IT (just a junior tech), so I should be able to set up a router, but then again that was MANY moons ago, and I sometimes think that I've forgotten more than I knew ;)

There is a way Tyger to run your show with little to no issue, and have your laptop/desktop with over the recommended settings. There is a very huge downside to everything thought. which is you will not be able to have your slides or backgrounds. If you want pm me as i have a "sandbox" account you can test it out on

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
There is a way Tyger to run your show with little to no issue, and have your laptop/desktop with over the recommended settings. There is a very huge downside to everything thought. which is you will not be able to have your slides or backgrounds. If you want pm me as i have a "sandbox" account you can test it out on

Thanks.... I'll keep this in mind. I'm going to try DSV's suggestion, even though my laptop's processor is slower than recommended. We'll see if it has enough horsepower. If not, I'll be trying more things. Eventually we'll hit on a winner ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread