• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Satanism in the Music Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
With respect, this is the biggest load oh hogwash that I've heard since the 80s. To me, the guy sounds disturbed. He needs help.

Edit: Oh well, I suppose everyone in entitled to their own opinion.

gniksaM drawkcaB

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but I don't agree with you. It's clear to me that Satan runs the entertainment industry. The movies, the music are mostly satanic these days and it's destroying our young people. Everything is about sex, drugs, witchcraft, vampires, killing people, money worship, it's just disgusting and it's getting worse every year.

RedDeath5

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
St Joe, MI
i find it rather sad this generalization has been made...i'll give you a perfect example: there's a song entitled "Her Ghost In The Fog" by the metal band Cradle of Filth. now...looking at the band's name, you'd automatically assume the song is crap...truth is, it's a love story based around the time when the Medianites were trying to take over the world. take a peek at the lyrics.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Marilyn Manson used to rock. It's just music LL. If music causes someone to do something stupid chances are they were damaged goods to begin with. Freedom of expression. It's fun.

This is supposed to be a private group. How did you get in? I don't remember you or the poster above you on the member list?

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
I guess I got it like that.

There is something wrong with the forum. This is supposed to be private, where only members can read and post. I'll have to contact Angus and see what's going on. That's messed up. Nothing against you personally, but I dont' know what's going on here. Maybe when they switched over to this new format, the privacy settings got screwed up.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I already know about the song Hotel California. "You check in but you don't check out." I quit listening to Eagles songs after that. I know about the illuminati. You can put a secular song side by side a Christian song and see the difference. There are many secular songs that are okay....nothing wrong with them. But what came to my mind was Charles Manson and the Beatles White Album. He's possessed. His eyes are dead.

There have been sex and drugs in the music business for eons. Same thing for movies. You can't turn on the tv without seeing it. Sex is everywhere and explicit even on regular tv. What gets me is that they will bleep out a four letter word but leave in folks taking the Lord's Name in vain.

When I became a Christian, I went through all of my music and broke what didn't measure up. It wasn't an easy thing for me. I've back slidden on a lot of it. Sometimes I just love the music and don't even listen to the words. Like the song that sounds like 'propane' by Eric Clapton. It was years before I even listened to the words. And, P.S., I still don't listen to the words.

adrianx

Jan 13, 2010
South Africa
There is something wrong with the forum. This is supposed to be private, where only members can read and post. I'll have to contact Angus and see what's going on. That's messed up. Nothing against you personally, but I dont' know what's going on here. Maybe when they switched over to this new format, the privacy settings got screwed up.
That would be nice, I hope they fix it soon. It is really not fair to non-members. :p

:evil:

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Lisa, you and I have had discussions about me being a more conservative Christian than you, so you'd think I would be right with you on this one. But I disagree. Music is music, some is good, and some is bad, and I judge it on its musical merits - is it pretty, can you dance to it, whatever. I hold to this verse What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.' Mat 15:11 I know he is talking about food, but I think it can apply to anything. Personally, I see more evil in people gossiping around the water cooler.

But....you have to always go by what your conscience tells you. If it bothers you spiritually to have those old CDs around, then by all means, get rid of them. If God did not say specifically that a thing is forbidden, He leaves it up to the individual to figure out by themselves. The Holy Spirit will guide you in that. But that is for you specifically, not all people or even all Christians. Do not do anything that you feel is wrong for you, but understand that we all have to make those guidelines for ourselves.

On the subject of rock music, for anyone who is interested, I strongly recommend Alice Cooper's album "Dragontown" It is both amazing and disgusting, but it is supposed to be. It is about Hell. The songs are stories of different people and how they ended up there, even very good people - but they did not accept Christ when they had the chance. He tells about why we are all condemned to Hell, and that we need Our Savior to redeem us from it, that we cannot avoid it just on our own merits. And he very effectively shows us that Hell is not someplace we want to be. I had to take a shower after I heard it, because I felt so "dirty" after hearing it. I know Alice is scary and freaky - the original shock rock - but he is a good man and a strong Christian. (Little bit of trivia - Alice Cooper's real name is Vincent Furnier. I named my first son after him - and Vincent Price :) )

Be well,
~A

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
I'm a huge fan of old rock too, I love it! Ok, don't laugh, I'm a big disco fan too! I have so much donna summer and blondie cd's, nobody would believe it. :p

But, after watching that short video, and reading and watching other videos on the subject, I'm going to be alot more cautious about what I listen to. I'll probably stay with christian music, and mostly instrumental music from now on.

If there are demons attached to this stuff, I just don't want to take a chance on bringing that evil into my home. It's not something that I need to live, not a necessity, so it's not worth the risk to me. I'll still listen to the songs on the radio when I"m in the car, and that's probably bad enough.

Of course, to each his own, but these days I'm trying to be more careful with my entertainment selections. I dont' watch horror movies anymore for the same reason. I'm cleaning up my act and I'm thinking about whether or not Jesus would listen to it or watch it. If I don't think He would, then I"m going to try and stay away from it.

These days I'm finding myself praying more and more, several times a day, asking God to help me to understand His will, and asking Him to mold me into the person that He wants me to be. I"m taking these changes as God working in my life and helping me to focus on more wholesome entertainment, which is difficult because I do have a history to be fascinated with things that aren't exactly good.

...Of course, to each his own, but these days I'm trying to be more careful with my entertainment selections...I'm cleaning up my act and I'm thinking about whether or not Jesus would listen to it or watch it...

Amen! I think you've made a wise choice by not allowing yourself to be exposed to wickedness. Early computer geeks used to say: "Garbage in, garbage out". Our innermost being can definetly be defiled by things we see & hear. Food can't do that, as angelique510 pointed out.

"Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are good, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are bad, your body also is full of darkness. Lk 11:34" (Lk. 11:34)

This year I felt God calling "Come deeper with Me." I began choosing Him over TV. As I gave up:
• News - I saw in myself less worry, anger, political division
• Comedies - I became less sarcastic, dishonoring, cynical
• Commercials - I was less envious
• Dramas - less judgement, lust
• Documentaries - skepticism disappeared

Faith comes by hearing the word of God (Ro. 10:17), so what do we expect will come from hearing the enemy's messages?

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Amen! I think you've made a wise choice by not allowing yourself to be exposed to wickedness. Early computer geeks used to say: "Garbage in, garbage out". Our innermost being can definetly be defiled by things we see & hear. Food can't do that, as angelique510 pointed out.

"Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are good, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are bad, your body also is full of darkness. Lk 11:34" (Lk. 11:34)

This year I felt God calling "Come deeper with Me." I began choosing Him over TV. As I gave up:
• News - I saw in myself less worry, anger, political division
• Comedies - I became less sarcastic, dishonoring, cynical
• Commercials - I was less envious
• Dramas - less judgement, lust
• Documentaries - skepticism disappeared

Faith comes by hearing the word of God (Ro. 10:17), so what do we expect will come from hearing the enemy's messages?

That's awesome! I really do believe that anything that we do for God to improve ourselves, as long as it does not hurt others, is appreciated by Him. I still have a long way to go to fully clean up my act, but I do try to keep on improving because we all need improvement in some areas. One of my weak points is cursing, it's such a life long habit that it just slips out sometimes. I'm working on that too.

I do love music so much, many of the older songs, and I know all of the words and I'm always singing along to the radio. Then I'll catch myself, and think "Did I really just say that?" It's usually something sexual because so much of our music has sexual lyrics and you don't even realize it until you start to really pay attention to it. The tunes are catchy, the beats make you want to dance, it's addicting and hypnotic, and it's almost always sexual in nature. Atleast the stuff I used to listen too is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread