Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Just got a used screwdriver from Zaxx2000 - awesome shipping on this, BTW!

Battery came charged, screwed in the atomizer/cart off my kissbox, and away I went.

My initial impression - WOW -

This thing produces a kick like an analog - you can feel the vapor in the lungs. I can taste the flavoring fully. Tons of vapor!

I'll update in a few days, once I've given the devise a good drive around the neighborhood, but initial thoughts are a devise to replace my kissbox...

Alain_JANTY

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
France
jantyworld.com
Where do you purchase screwdrivers?
here

ECigScrewdriver - Powered by vBulletin

screwd10.jpg

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
Last edited:

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
Where are they back in at?

Well, it turned out that I used an old link, and technically should not been able to order. I recieved a email from Trogg, and they do not have 'em ready. He is waiting for atomizers. The good news is that I am on the the list for one, since I have paid up. He said end of this week approx. (5-17) the atomizers should be in.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I've had my SD a week now, and I'll give it one thumb up. I would recommend this to anyone - provided it comes with the 801 attachment. This one I would declare money well spent.

I use the SD about equally with the Kissbox. Battery life is good, worth a full day of vaping if I rotate with the Kissbox. If I had to use this exclusively, I would end up rotating batteries half way through the day.

This is my unit of choice for my daily hr long commute, rotating 2 fresh filled attys on the freeway. The switch position is logical on this, but it does present one problem.... I don't want to lay down the SD battery side down, because that will activate the switch. I don't want to put it down cart side down because I don't want the liquid to drain from the atty. If I put it down on its side, it tends to roll with the motion of the car. The Kissbox I can slide between my (ok, I'm female, fill in the blank :D )

I haven't taken it out and about, simply because I'm worried about impressions (it kinda looks like paraphinelia), and I really don't need the hassels.

At home, I rotate the SD with the Kissbox, depending on my mood and wether or not I want the larger body style of the SD or the slender body of the KB.

I don't like using it with the 901 attys, as it tends to suck the cart dry extremely quickly. Using this with the 801 attys is great - the larger cart sizes mean there's more juice to be atomized. The attys do run hotter with the SD, and it is something I have to watch. I tend to switch between 2 attys at night to allow one to cool down when I need it to.

On both style attys, it kicks like a rockette. I love the throat hit and the lung hit on the SD, and I vape low strength juice. I do want to try this with zero nic and see my results, have some on order.

Short and sweet, I do love the SD. It fits confortably in the palm of my hand, I have no trouble manipulating the manual switch, and the battery life is adequate.

So: SD vs KB

Battery life - SD
Versatile w/different attys - SD
appearance - KB
switch location - KB
vapor production - SD
Throat/lung hit - SD
switch manipulation - SD
car storability - KB

This review not paid for/endorsed by/begged for by Trog.

Last edited:

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Vicks, I've been a huge fan of the SD with penstyle atomizers, for the same reason that you mentioned - cart capacity.

So I thought I'd tell you about my new experiment with 510/Dura cartridges on the 901 atomizer, and it's super. The 510 carts hold much more liquid than the 901 carts, and last almost or as long as the penstyle carts before needing refill.

So now I can use the SD as originally designed, and it's really much smaller that way and looks great.

Edit: I just noticed that Elendil's picture above looks like he might be using the Dura carts too - looks like a round mouthpiece?

Last edited:

apathyps

Mar 23, 2009
Connecticut
vicks, thanks a lot for your review. i have read a lot about the screwdriver, and have been interested for the passed few weeks.

i currently own a KB and a couple DSE901's. I think a SD would be a great addition to my collection. based on your review, i haev decided to absolutely purchase one.

Just one question:
How do I make sure that I order the SD with the KB (801?) adapter so that I can use the penstyle carts with the SD?

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Just one question:
How do I make sure that I order the SD with the KB (801?) adapter so that I can use the penstyle carts with the SD?

Shoot Trog a PM in his forum site, and he'll let you know how to put that on your order....
Glad my review was helpful.. Happy Vapin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread