screwdriver first impressions by ned

Status
Not open for further replies.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
:thumb:I received my screwdriver without any delay from trog with full instructions on the do's and don'ts . The batteries where both fully charged and ready to go. So no waiting around as we are when we normally get our new toys.

First impressions
It looks very solid and well-made and what surprised me was that it is a lot smaller and lighter than the pictures we've seen. So it does not look to intrusive and probably less intrusive while using in public which probably could be a good thing as you would be seen to be using an inhaler perhaps for medical reasons as I did know a friend at one time using a device which resembled this in some way.

On the first day of using this I used it heavily as it was welded to my mouth most of the day getting at least seven hours with having good strength of power till the vapour dropped off. So I did not let this go completely flat then replacing the battery. So just imagine how long a person would get not using this heavily like myself two days perhaps who knows.

The manual switch at the bottom of the device can be strange at first but you soon get used to using this. The switch itself works perfectly well bringing out the good in the 901 atomiser making it come to life with ease. The vapour produced by the screwdriver is outstanding and is good as anything out there I tried so far and some of you will know that I have tried pretty much all what's out there. Also it produces a great kick and this was with just the normal 18 high cartridges that were provided with the screwdriver from trog but when I tried the flue cured 24 it took this to another level so I can't wait to try some 36 which I have run out at the moment so I immediately ordered some today from our good friend at
e-cigs.co.uk which will probably be on my doorstep tomorrow knowing how quick Simon is.

So these are my early impressions of the screwdriver and I don't normally review products as early as I used to. But I feel this deserves mentioning as it outperforms pretty much everything else I've tried so far. As for my kiss box which has always been my top preference till today and has been redundant lately as I am still waiting for replacements and desperately running out of spares.

So the goalposts have changed now enabling me to have more power for most of the day without watching batteries charging up and carrying a boat load of batteries around with me all day and keep replacing them plus the advantage of using cheap atomisers. What more could we all ask for with the present technology. I'm sorry if some of you think this is a short review but it simply works

So I would like to congratulate trog on his great achievement and all the hard work in trying to further the quality in his products we all desperately need and has put his money where his mouth is and I look forward to trying any new developments he has in the future. I don't think anybody will be disappointed in trogs products.:thumb::thumb::thumbs:

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
thats fantastic...i knew Trog wouldnt create and offer for sale anything that wasnt tip top...happy smoking Ned...

Well Mr Darcy after a good two days of heavy use the screwdriver is still performing excellent. The batteries are lasting seven to eight hours and there not flat at that just the vapour dropping off slightly. So then I have been putting the batteries back on charge at this point.

So a light to medium user would easily get a day's use out of one battery. Which I think most of us dream of getting at the moment. Of course batteries and atomiser will weaken over time but that's to be expected. But also this will be more economical to run.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
nice one Ned...thats really whats needed...something robust,that lasts a full day,and has high capacity,cheap to replace batteries...manufacturers and suppliers-take note...

lots of esmokers seem to have the most hardware trouble with atomisers...i dont...as i use generic atomisers,i just bin them when they get troublesome...

by far,i have most trouble with batteries...replacing them is relatively expensive,they last me no time,and decline rapidly...and i hate recharging constantly...

this would be a really great device for when we get good disposable cartridges....what a lot of hassle that would save...

keep us posted Ned...im very interested to see how it goes for you mate...

Well Mr Darcy after a good two days of heavy use the screwdriver is still performing excellent. The batteries are lasting seven to eight hours and there not flat at that just the vapour dropping off slightly. So then I have been putting the batteries back on charge at this point.

So a light to medium user would easily get a day's use out of one battery. Which I think most of us dream of getting at the moment. Of course batteries and atomiser will weaken over time but that's to be expected. But also this will be more economical to run.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
well,if it satisfies heavy long time users like you,Trog and Ned,it must be the business Kit...

darcy it buts a brand new 901 battery to shame...the screwdriver's battery is lasting me nearly a whole day, its unreal..popped a fresh one in this morning and its still producing plumes of vapour as i type this post hehe im in e-smokers heaven !

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
if the included instruction are taken heed of it will continue to function as it does now.. its a serviceable item nothing lasts for ever.. switches are wear items.. batteries might lose some run time me over a few weeks use.. long term usage is the only to find these things out.. any problems will be sorted if they appear..

the device is simple with no unnecessary likely to fail complications.. it should continue to perform as new.. thats the idea.. so far the as new performance seems to be okay..

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
nope.. we know pillbox but at present intend to just make a very limited number they are costing us to much to make in parts and labour.. making small numbers is high cost..

if enough people want them we might move it up a gear but we will see.. the price will put most off.. they are gonna go out in very small number at £99 for the full kit..

pillbox has known about out intentions to make one for quite some time.. he could ratchet them out in large numbers but we couldnt supply those numbers.. so its make a few and sell them ourselves to people that want them..

we aint gonna try hard to sell them..

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
dunno darcy.. if something fails u send it back for service.. its likely to be free.. if it looks like its been wacked with a hammer it might not be free.. to be honest we would just like to sell the device on its own.. but feel the customers might want a couple of free atomizers and a cheap chinese charger and a couple of cheap chinese batteries chucked in the jiffy bag to go with it... he he

we intend to open a customer support forum.. no censorship.. if people like it they will buy it.. and they will say so.. or they wont..

trog

ps.. the bottom line being e smoking is a long haul..

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i think the chinese might end up doing that on their own.. but the only way to get the chinese to make exactly what u want is to go to china and talk to the chinese in person.. that step is a few down the line.. but it might happen..

but so far all e cigs are made in china.. some like the generics get sold cheap others with name brands get sold expensive.. they all come from china and the cost from the chinese factory probably dosnt differ much from the cheapest to the dearest.. perhaps a couple of dollars at the most..

small enables personal customer attention.. the device could be considered to be made in the UK.. it works and at present is unique.. its no more expensive than some junk out there that doesnt work..

i aint into p-ssing about with returns.. the idea is to sell something that dosnt need the return merry go round.. something that as ned says.. simply works..

i aint a salesman by nature either.. he he he

trog

Last edited:

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
im going to give a review of the screwdriver towards the end of the week,and some pics that show of its actual size!the main difference between the pics that trog posted and the screwdrivers actual size come across as it being quiet big, even in the pic where its laid next to the 901 and classic it still comes across quiet large, and dont know why.. hehe.. and this quite simply isn't the case!

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
well ruby the first answer is yes.. but.. we dont really like the pen style atomizer..

they have bigger carts.. but the liquid just dosnt make the trip to the atomizer properly.. after the first few puffs its relative wimp land.. they need constant dripping to make them produce the best vapour all of the time..

the 901 has a smaller cart but runs for longer between cart top ups and takes less attention overall to keep it performing well.... the pen style needs direct dripping to get the best out of it.. we do talk about getting the best out of these things.. its what we are about..

we are gonna make the "Techno Cigar".. this will take a pen style atomizer.. there are some pics on the forum.. it will not have the same run time as the real screwdriver because it has a smaller battery.. it will out perform a normal a cig thow..

we will also experiment with other atomizers as and when we get our hands on them.. the device can be modified to take other atomizers with a return to base plus a small charge system if better ones come along..

basically if u buy one of out creations u are buying into a long haul smoking system with advice and support.. its part of the cost initial..

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread