Not open for further replies.

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
I can use enough to make 3 units. Please. How do I go about acquiring them from you. My address is listed in the spreadsheet attached to my signature.

I can send you some roll pins to solder in the neg terminal. I think I have some left from my co-op. I will go check the work bench...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
Yup, got 6 for you. Press one in and cut the excess off with a dremel, torch and apply solder and neg terminal. Make sure this is your very first step as the heat will kill any other work.

Pm me your address, I can't pull up your address with tapatalk.... I have a run to the PO in the am to send out some batteries.

I was able to get 1.5m nuts and washers from menards and fastenal.... Sorry don't have any left.

Last edited:

mike n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
redondo beach
I am getting dry hits on my Scubagen v3 and I think it is because I got juice down the center. What is the best way to clean it out? Also with 5 wraps what volt should I use on my Lavatube. I do not have a multimeater. And can anyone point me in the right direction on how to use a multimeter?

Mike N

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
I am getting dry hits on my Scubagen v3 and I think it is because I got juice down the center. What is the best way to clean it out? Also with 5 wraps what volt should I use on my Lavatube. I do not have a multimeater. And can anyone point me in the right direction on how to use a multimeter?

Mike N

Having juice in the center tube should not cause dry hits. If anything it'd cause a short or juice to leak from the bottom. Dry hits would most likely be a wicking issue or your voltage is too high.

Search YouTube for 'Multimeter how to'. There's a bunch of videos on there, it's pretty straight forward.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL

Mike N

Dry hits are from poor wicking, I would seal the center tube with silicone, and drill a 3/64" hole in the top cap, alignment facing center of the coil.
It depends on the ohm resistance of the wire you are using and the diameter of the wick, 5 wraps of 32 is less resistance than 5 wraps of 36. If your using 32, then 5 wraps should be around 2 ohms, so use 3.8-4.1 VDC. Here is a vid on checking ohms:
Using A Multimeter to check Ohms (resistance) Resistor Example - YouTube
Just touch the red and black leads to the center and threads of the atomizers 510 connector. In measuring ohms it does not matter which lead you use for testing an atomizer, i.e. red on center pin black on threads OR black on center pin red on threads.
Hope this helps,
Dan

Last edited:

NicksVap3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
Maine USA
Could someone point me to the pdf build guide? I had lost the one i had downloaded. Also I need tube size needed, oring size needed, and wwhat the latest and greatest part to use for the nuts on the contact points.

Thanks in advance for any help finding this info. Also, if anyone happens to have a parts kit for this they dont need.... I'd be more than happy to buy it if you post it in the classys lol :D

rusalka

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
USA
Could someone point me to the pdf build guide? I had lost the one i had downloaded. Also I need tube size needed, oring size needed, and wwhat the latest and greatest part to use for the nuts on the contact points.

Thanks in advance for any help finding this info. Also, if anyone happens to have a parts kit for this they dont need.... I'd be more than happy to buy it if you post it in the classys lol :D

here you go: https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8a6c668c606270a971a0

rusalka

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
USA
Yup, got 6 for you. Press one in and cut the excess off with a dremel, torch and apply solder and neg terminal. Make sure this is your very first step as the heat will kill any other work.

Pm me your address, I can't pull up your address with tapatalk.... I have a run to the PO in the am to send out some batteries.

I was able to get 1.5m nuts and washers from menards and fastenal.... Sorry don't have any left.

So a dumb question here but, do you need my address?

Youssefa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2009
Gainesville, FL USA
True that, I do my own qc now. I rebuild them to my specs.

Not aure why everyone snuffs the CE2's They have the best flavor of any retail atty I have tried. I have never had one pop. I regularly get 1+ months out of mine....unless I break them cleaning. I don't have the patience to rebuild them. that is why I have REAL rebuildables. I only clean for flavor change of every 2-3 refills(MAP Tanks).

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Not aure why everyone snuffs the CE2's They have the best flavor of any retail atty I have tried. I have never had one pop. I regularly get 1+ months out of mine....unless I break them cleaning. I don't have the patience to rebuild them. that is why I have REAL rebuildables. I only clean for flavor change of every 2-3 refills(MAP Tanks).

Yeah, really. Love the CE2 and Map tank - I was thinking about them last night while engaged in a fight with a Tidy clearo - gonna have to fire up a CE2 soon, been wasting too much time trying out new stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread